The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Letter to Military personal from Daniel New  (Read 6239 times)

WWalker

Re: Letter to Military personal from Daniel New
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2010, 08:40:32 pm »

I'll partially agree with that.  You can make Sgt. (e5) with simple hard work and knowledge, maybe even your first rocker (E6) but after that it is most decidedly political and a matter of "Having the faith".  Too bad, I had a talent for the profession, but not for politics that seem to go with it at the middle management level.

Knowledge of? 

Not the job your were trained to do.

I asked flat out.... How many questions would I be asked that specifically related to my MOS, if I went in front of the E5 board.  I was told.................NONE.......................I declined the offer.
I renounce the oath I swore to the Constitution of the United States.
I regret any harm that my ignorance may have caused.

"Stop resisting" -- the refrain of rapists, police, and other violent degenerates.
                                                                                              –William N. Grigg

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2010, 04:14:12 am »

Knowledge a Sgt. needs that of his MOS, that of being a Manager/ Leader, and enough of the "corporate structure" to get things done.  When you go to the next rank a large amount of schmoozing in the corporate sturucture becomes needed.  That would be serious service dogma and a pretty serious belif in it............  A Sgt. can fake it acceptably and survive, but the upper ranks are believers.

Look at statistics on the SgtMaj, MSgt and similar high rank enlisted after they leave the services.  There is a very high suicide rate, they fit in a different society, and do not find a fit in the land outside the gate.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 01:30:53 am »

I see no distinction between Daniel News views on gays and the views on Daniel News’ views.

But it is the natural propensity of humans to go right for each others throat when they disagree, and totally ignore the important issues.

It is not about being gay or straight.  It is not about any religious belief.

Wayd, I think you're right about that. I also think it is a shame that Daniel New couched it in his particularly-hate-laced, religious condescension. I agree with the post-maker who stated that Daniel's poise is no different than that of the fervent Islamic radical.
So to me, it seems that Daniel messed up or veiled the greater truth which you have brought forward, as I'll quote next.

The problem is that there is a government, that has been and is being used by folk of opposing opinion to force the other to accept their choices and beliefs.  Or to punish others for their choices and beliefs.

That, Wayd, is spot on. The problem is that there are governments. And governments are operated by people who see a use for the power of popular force, right down to those government employees who tote guns. I long for the day in which Americans will return to an anarcho-libertarian/Voluntaryist perception of life, and put the erroneous idea of “government” back in a pouch which they can wear on their belts beside their Buck knives. Thoreau lamented that mankind is not yet ready for “a government which governs not at all”, and I fear that an America which understood his words easily a century and a half ago was interdicted soon enough by the industrial revolution. Before Ford, there were no traffic laws. Mankind was vaulted like a bowling ball out of Pogreba's cannon with the onset of mass production, mass transportation, mass communication etc. A lustful Wall Street married the whore named Washington D.C. while the common man in America busied himself in adjusting to the plummeting downward spiral of “progress”. Along comes Freud and Bernays, who married Marx and Rhodes respectively. None of them could have done what they did without levering the government of their day.

(snip)
We must oppose it!

If a persons principals aren’t enough.  If they need an excuse.  Breach of contract works for me.

Walk away.  Stop playing the game.

I hope to see the day that military and police walk away, go home to their families, stop propping up the government that is dragging us all down.  There would be nothing dishonorable about that.  I don’t give a damn what any individuals reason is.  If they just walk away in large numbers.........that would be strong opposition.

Well, Dude, you've put that together so well I will not touch it, out of respect. Very well said.
(Btw, I'll trade you six feral barn cats for a chicken!) ;)
Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

jamie

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 06:00:41 pm »

There are,  maybe?  compelling reasons to not have homosexuals in the military... exposure to aids, via blood etc could be one.    I don't know, is this even a factor? 

Military personnel are frequently tested.  And, of course, we all know that young, heterosexual military men are historically a rather promiscuous bunch, making them probably just as likely as any gay person to contract an STD.  It's not an issue at all.

The test is once a year in my experience, we had a guy that went through SFAS and tested positive for HIV, meaning that while he was at the 3 wk course, he was HIV positive. 

I don't think you can contract any other STD in the same way you can HIV.  Blood isn't exactly uncommon in some situations.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up