The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Montana Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference Finale  (Read 3313 times)

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
Montana Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference Finale
« on: December 11, 2010, 12:19:53 pm »

Fwd:  Greetings!

Montana Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference Finale

“It is incontestable that the Constitution established a system of 'dual sovereignty'”

Justice Scalia, writing for the majority opinion in Mack/Printz vs USA, 1997 *

~

Montana Oath Keepers invites you to a public program which shall celebrate the conclusion of our first-ever Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference on Saturday, December 18, 2010, in Helena, Montana. You are invited to attend and enjoy distinguished speakers who shall present findings of the Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference.

Speakers shall include Oath Keepers founder and President Stewart Rhodes, former Montana legislator Joel Boniek, Representative Mike More, Madison County Commissioner Dan Happel, David R. Gillie, Gary Marbut of Montana Shooting Sports Association, Roger Koopman of Montana Conservative Alliance, and Dr. Chuck Baldwin of 'Chuck Baldwin Live', among others.

Present in the audience shall be representatives of many freedom-movement groups and political seats in the Montana legislature. In addition to law enforcement and military personnel, there will be leaders of groups, such as Montana Policy Institute, Bozeman Tea Party, Campaign For Liberty, Sweet Grass County Patriots, Fully Informed Jury Association, End The Fed, Citizens for 9/11 Truth, Billings 9/12 Project, Wheatland County Oath Keepers, 10th Amendment Center, Lincoln County Watch, Clarion Call, We The People Foundation For Constitutional Education, Ravalli County Celebrating Conservatism, Education To Liberty, Montana Families For Health Freedom, the Montana Libertarian Party, the Montana Constitution Party, and many other leadership groups who value the rule of law in a Republic of law.

All of the above-named speakers and groups, plus others, shall have previously gathered for a non-partisan forum/conference to lay the plans for accomplishing at the local and County level across Montana three pillars of support upon which to rebuild Montana sovereignty. Those three pillars are

Creation of a Sound Money system (tied to precious metals) as an alternative to the Federal Reserve's “Notes”;

Preparedness at the family, community, County, and State levels against the possibility of an infrastructure failure or a monetary system failure; and,

The re-institution of and organizing of the lawful, Constitutionally-required Militia of the Counties of, and State of, Montana.

Our public speaking program is scheduled to begin at 4:00 p.m., and will feature informative insights into the conclusions of the previous forum/conference. Presentations will treat of sound money, preparedness, and security – all “Made In Montana”.

The speakers at this public gathering will give the audience a startlingly new perspective on how we as Montanans may respond lawfully and in unity as good neighbors to Federal and Wall Street criminality. Come with your family and friends to be among the first to hear this conference's message of hope for our future. There is much we can do as a sovereign State with a lawful compact under the Constitution's mandate of “dual-sovereignty”.

But remember, seating is limited to 450 persons, and tickets are not sold in advance, so come early to assure your seat at this trend-setting event. For more info, contact Elias Alias (see below).

Join us as Montana Oath Keepers welcomes Dr. Chuck Baldwin, newly moved from Florida, to his new ministry in Montana. Dr. Baldwin and his wife met with four others on June 22, 1975, for the first meeting of the Crossroad Baptist Church. The church was organized in September of that year. In 1985 the church was recognized by President Ronald Reagan for its unusual growth and influence.

Chuck Baldwin has never slowed down during the 35 years since founding Crossroads Baptist Church. He a prolific writer/columnist whose articles and political commentaries are carried by a host of Internet sites, newspapers, and news magazines. His articles are featured regularly on Internet news sites such as World Net Daily, Covenant News, News With Views and others.

Dr. Baldwin was the U.S. Constitution Party's Presidential candidate in the 2008 election. He was endorsed by Dr. Ron Paul. Now Dr. Baldwin is a favorite target of the Southern Poverty Law Center and the Department of Homeland Security – an honor shared by Oath Keepers as well. Come see Chuck Baldwin “Live” in person, and partake of his inspirational and reverent message of love, hope, personal responsibility, and liberty.

Don't miss a minute of this dynamic public presentation! To assure your seat(s), email Elias Alias at publisher@theoathkeepernews.com or call 406-285-6597. Don't forget your purse, wallet, or check book, as you'll want to contribute to this bold new movement which is destined to influence the upcoming 2011 Montana legislative session. Learn how Montana can return to its rightful dignity as the Last Best Place!

We will “pass the hat” during Dr. Baldwin's presentation. The total of the “hat” shall go to Dr. Baldwin's ministry. All admission proceeds will go to Oath Keepers and The Oath Keeper monthly newspaper. Remember always – Oath Keepers, as a truly non-partisan and non-denominational organization, with an extensive outreach program to active duty military and peace officer agencies around the nation, is America's premiere grassroots power devoted to the Oath as mandated within the Constitution for the Constitution. Our Oath is to the Constitution!

Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic! Support our mission! Join us!

Where: This event will be at the Red Lion Colonial Inn at Helena, Montana. (in the “State Capitol Conference Room”. Front desk can direct you there.) The Red Lion Colonial Inn is convenient to Interstate-15 at the south-west quadrant of the intersection of U.S. 287 and Interstate-15. Their phone number is: (1 - 800) RED-LION (reservations) or 406- 443-2100 for directions.
2301 Colonial Drive, Helena, Montana, 59601. Telephone 406-443-2100. E-mail: colonialsales@redlion.com

When: 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m., Saturday, December 18, 2010.

Admission: We are asking for a ten dollar per person donation at the door, and we invite you to contribute also when we pass the hat for Dr. Baldwin. Donations and contributions to Oath Keepers and to The Oath Keeper newspaper are gratefully accepted and appreciated. Your generosity will help us move the work of sovereignty and liberty forward in Montana. Thank you! Merry Christmas!

Links:

Chuck Baldwin Live - http://chuckbaldwinlive.com/home/

Oath Keepers national – http://www.oathkeepers.org/

The remarkable interview by Anthony Wile at The Daily Bell with Stewart Rhodes, founder and President of Oath Keepers, Inc. This interview may be one of the top interviews published in the year 2010. Please take time to read the entire thing. Thanks!
http://www.thedailybell.com/1541/Oath-Keeper-Stewart-Rhodes-on-the-Rise-of-Authoritarianism-and-How-US-Law-Enforcement-Can-Take-a-Stand-for-Freedom.html

An important book to buy and read for perspective on government's relation to sound money:

The Conservative Revolution: Why We Must Form a Third Political Party to Win It

by Nelson Hultberg; copyright 2009 by Nelson Hultberg; published by Americans for a Free Republic, P.O. Box 801213, Dallas, Texas 75380-1213; ISBN: 1-891191-45-4.

Learn more at: http://www.afr.org/

Also, a “must read” book by Harvard Constitutional Professor Edwin Vieira – Constitutional “Homeland Security”, Volume 1: The Nation In Arms. Copyright 2007 by Edwin Vieira, Jr.; Bookmasters, Inc., 30 Amberwood Pkwy, Ashland, Ohio 44805; ISBN (10) 0-9671759-2-5; ISBN (13) 978-0-9671759-2-8.

Order your copy directly from Dr. Vieira: $19.95 postpaid, by check or money order to

Edwin Vieira * 52 Stonegate Court * Front Royal, Virginia 22630

~

* Justice Scalia writing for the majority opinion in Mack/Printz vs USA (the Clinton Administration's Brady Bill) - “It is incontestable that the Constitution established a system of 'dual sovereignty' …. Although the States surrendered many of their powers to the new Federal Government, they retained 'a residuary and inviolable sovereignty.' .... The great innovation of this design was that our citizens would have two political capacities, one state and one federal, each protected from incursion by the other. …. The Constitution thus contemplates that a State's government will represent and remain accountable to its own citizens.” (Justice Scalia, 1997, in the majority decision, Mack/Printz vs USA.) Sheriff Mack, now a member of Oath Keepers Board of Directors, and former Ravalli County, Montana, Sheriff Jay Printz, won their case against the Clinton Administration with a resounding 10th Amendment victory at the Supreme Court. It is lawful and righteous to look into State sovereignty.

Salute!

Elias Alias for Montana Oath Keepers

--

Heirs to self knowledge shed gently their fears.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: Montana Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference Finale
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 03:12:47 pm »

I hope someone tapes EVERYTHING and uploads it all to YouTube!  I wish I could be there!
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 06:32:17 pm »

Looks good from here Elias.

I wish you all All the Best in your efforts to awaken Montana.
I hope to get something like this started in Texas. [crosses fingers]
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2010, 02:12:12 am »

Looks good from here Elias.

I wish you all All the Best in your efforts to awaken Montana.
I hope to get something like this started in Texas. [crosses fingers]

Gooch,
We've got Oath Keepers coming in from Nebraska, Wyoming, and California to observe how we put this one together. They will return to their respective states and begin plans for doing this in their states. Once this event is history, Oath Keepers is going to urge every State Chapter to follow suit. This thing is awesome.

When Stewart first approached me with the idea, I recognized that it is a necessary step to take, for several reasons. I felt sure that we could get a goodly number of participants. But what has happened is nothing short of a miracle. The whole state seems to be ready for this. People, including a goodly number of our state legislators, are piling in. People are writing in to recommend others to add to our list. We got a fine venue in Helena, but it only holds four hundred and fifty people, and I'm now worrying that we did not get a big enough venue.

Of nearly a hundred different leaders I invited to attend our “invitation-only” morning session, only one group, (a Tea Party group) has declined to attend.  There are two or three groups which have not replied, so they may also be declining to participate – but – the overwhelming majority of my list has responded with excitement and enthusiasm. People from around the state are planning to attend in surprising numbers. Many have sent me yet more names of leaders to add to my list of invitees – they're still coming in.

So here's what it's beginning to look like to me. The people are wanting something like this, something with a plan of action; something they can take back to their communities and Counties to share with their people at home; something which actually “does” something, accomplishes something to prepare their neighbors for what's coming. Others want to see how they can write bills to introduce into the coming session of our state legislature. I already know that Representative Bob Wagner has a “sound money” bill to introduce. Gary Marbut is trotting out his “Sheriff First” bill, which will be introduced this coming session. (MSSA has fourteen or fifteen new bills for liberty in the hopper!) State's rights, nullification, and the general 10th Amendment movement is alive and well in Montana.

I'm presently screening Dr. Edwin Vieira's eight-and-a-half-hour masterpiece, “The Purse And The Sword”, and have read his book, “Constitutional Homeland Security: Part One: The Nation In Arms.” We will draw heavily from that material, and Dr. Vieira has consented to share his expertise as Montana moves toward implementing his vision of a lawful, Constitutionally-mandated militia coupled with a precious-metals-backed monetary system to compete with the Federal Reserve System's fiat “notes”.

To cap it off, we're featuring speakers who specialize in preparedness. I'm working to land a biggie from the Bitterroot area right now.

I've had so many people to write to and speak with, that my mind is a blur. It's just amazing how ready this state is for something like this. I'm betting that Texas and a lot of other states will also surprise us with the level of readiness to receive this approach. This plan, thought up by Stewart, will get its proto-type trial-run this coming weekend in Montana, but will then be fanned out all over the country. 
Speaking of Stewart, there is a great new article about “third party” activism by Nelson Hultberg over at the Daily Bell, and Nelson Hultberg gives both Stewart and Chuck Baldwin a friendly nod. Dig on it here -

http://www.thedailybell.com/1590/Nelson-Hultberg-Americas-Salvation.html

Gotta run. Basil, thanks for posting here. Gooch, stand by to move Texas.
Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 10:37:14 pm »

Press Release:
January 01, 2011

Montana Oath Keepers Holds Statewide Liberty Leadership Forum/Conference.

“Why fight City Hall when you can become City Hall?” –  G. Edward Griffin

On December 18, 2010, at Helena, Montana, the Montana chapter of Oath Keepers in conjunction with Oath Keepers national hosted a forum/conference of more than 200 souls representing various liberty-leadership organizations from around the State.  The conference was peopled by entrepreneurial   community leaders, special-focus group leaders, organizations, businessmen, peace officers, firefighters, civic leaders and legislators. 

The legislators, City and County Commissioners, Peace Officers representing Counties and townships, officers in numerous private-sector organizations, and group leaders from many areas of Montana have, by attending in good faith, initiated a union between official public servants and the public itself. This informal union of public/private citizens shall work together to accomplish legislative goals during the 2011 session of the Montana legislature as well as establish compatible private-sector activity which shall support the legislative activity.

The purpose of the conference was to gain consensus from a wide and diverse spectrum of political and economic perspectives which were brought to focus on three primary objectives. These objectives would be studied, explored and discussed. Working committees would be formed to pursue the goals of the three objectives. Afterward the consensus would be distributed back outwardly across the State as the leaders returned from the conference to their respective homes to communicate our work to their constituents, clients, groups, organizations, local officials, and communities.

The three objectives: 

*Sound money – based on silver and gold as an alternative monetary system to be used by individuals and businesses in private and public transactions, as well as payment of taxes, for each County in Montana;

*Preparedness – to educate our citizens on the ground in Montana in methods by which they may help each other ride out the coming economic failure; 

*The Constitutional Militia – How to revive the lawful militia in every municipality and County in Montana, using existing governmental infrastructure already in place to re-establish the Constitutionally-mandated Well Organized Militia of Montana.

Additionally the conference prepared support activity for bills such as Montana Shooting Sports Association’s “Sheriff First” bill and MSSA’s “Homeguard” bill, among a dozen others by MSSA.  Another  example:  Attorney Roger Roots of the Fully Informed Jury Association has written a “Fully Informed Jury” bill which is awaiting a sponsor.

These bills will be introduced into the coming legislative session, and support for the bills will be enhanced by Oath Keepers’ statewide network of patriot activists. Oath Keepers functions as a non-partisan, non-denominational, and non-discriminatory organization devoted to the Oath and the document which requires that Oath.

Please note that the Oath Keepers umbrella carries the support of a wide array of various liberty-minded groups, organizations, and legislators, many of whom do not customarily work shoulder to shoulder with such a diverse collection of groups. To illustrate:  A sample listing of participants from groups and organizations which were represented at our liberty leadership forum/conference in Helena included the 10th Amendment Center,  the Montana Policy Institute, Celebrating Conservatism, the John Birch Society, Campaign For Liberty, numerous Tea Party groups, End The Fed, Citizens for 9/11 Truth, the 9/12 Project,  Montana Conservative Alliance, Education To Freedom,  We The People Foundation For Constitutional Education, the Fully Informed Jury Association, Committee of Economic Reform, Sweet Grass County Patriots, Lincoln County Watch, Project Liberty Tree, various Montana legislators, County and City commissioners, peace officers, and many others.  The conference has shown that the people of Montana are willing to work together to restore Montana sovereignty, starting at the grassroots level and working upward from there in each rural sector, Town, City, and County to achieve cohesive unity at the State level. The conference represents a profound moment in Montana history.

The forum/conference was divided into a morning session which was by invitation only,  and an afternoon session, which was open to the public. Speakers at the public session included:  Stewart Rhodes, founder/President of Oath Keepers; David R. Gillie, Montana-America Institute;  Representative Joel Boniek; Representative Bob Wagner; former Representative Roger Koopman, Montana Conservative Alliance;  Madison County Commissioner Dan Happel; Don Doig, Founder, Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA); Roger Roots, Attorney, FIJA; Gary Marbut, Montana Shooting Sports Association (MSSA);  Timothy Baldwin, Baldwin Land Law; Henry Kriegel, Bozeman Tea Party; Paul Stramer, Lincoln County Watch; Robert Brown, Regional John Birch Society; and featured speaker Dr. Chuck Baldwin, 2008 Constitution Party national candidate for the White House, Journalist, Lecturer, radio-show host, and owner/operator of Chuck Baldwin Live dot com.

Montana Oath Keepers wishes to thank all participants and attendees. Volunteers wishing to serve on the various committees which are being established in the first week of January, 2011, to implement citizen/community action in assisting new legislation for the 2011 Montana legislature should contact Elias Alias at: publisher@theoathkeepernews.com

Notes:
Each attendee of this conference was asked to study Dr. Edwin Vieira’s documentary film,   “The Purse And The Sword”.  Oath Keepers also recommended that all attendees purchase and study Dr. Vieira’s book, Constitutional “Homeland Security”: Part One: The Nation In Arms. The works of Dr. Vieira* undergird much of the process by which the liberty leadership forum/conference will proceed through the coming 2011 legislative session in Helena, Montana.

< http://www.heritageresearchinstitute.org/PurseSwordPage.htm >
To order Dr. Vieira’s Constitutional Homeland Security Order your copy directly from Dr. Vieira: $19.95 postpaid, by check or money order to
Edwin Vieira * 52 Stonegate Court * Front Royal, Virginia 22630

Constitutional “Homeland Security”: Volume 1: The Nation In Arms
by Dr. Edwin Vieira, Jr.; copyright 2007 by Edwin Vieira, Jr.; Bookmasters, Inc., 30 Amberwood Parkway, Ashland, Ohio 44805; International Standard Book Number (10): 0-9671759-2-5; International Standard Book Number (13): 978-0-9671759-2-8.

Additional reading:
How To Dethrone The Imperial Judiciary
by Dr. Edwin Vieira; copyright 2004-2005 Vision Forum Ministries; Content copyright 2004-2005 The Conservative Caucus Research, Analysis, And Education Foundation and Dr. Edwin Vieira; Vision Forum Ministries, 4719 Blanco Rd., San Antonio, Texas 78212, www.visionforum.org; ISBN – 10 0-9755264-1-3; ISBN – 13 078-0-9755264-1-5.

The Conservative Revolution: Why We Must Form a Third Political Party to Win It
by Nelson Hultberg; copyright 2009 by Nelson Hultberg; published by Americans for a Free Republic, P.O. Box 801213, Dallas, Texas 75380-1213; ISBN: 1-891191-45-4.  http://www.afr.org/

Unalienable Rights And The Denial Of The U.S. Constitution
 by Michael E. LeMieux; copyright 2007 by Michael E. LeMieux; published by PUBLISHAMERICA,LLLP; www.publishamerica.com; Baltimore; ISBN: 1-60441-785-4;
Michael LeMieux is the Nebraska chapter President for Oath Keepers.

The Constitution In Exile: How the Federal Government has Seized Power by Rewriting the Supreme Law Of The Land.
by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano; copyright 2006 by Andrew P. Napolitano; published by Nelson Current, a division of a wholly owned subsidiary (Nelson Communications, Inc.) of Thomas Nelson, Inc., in Nashville, Tennessee; email: SpecialMarkets@ThomasNelson.com.

Lies The Government Told You: Myth, Power, and Deception in American History
by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano; foreword by Ron Paul; copyright 2010 by Andrew P. Napolitano; published in Nashville, Tennessee by Thomas Nelson, a trademark of Thomas Nelson, Inc.; ISBN: 978-1-59555-266-2.

The County Sheriff: America's Last Hope
by Sheriff Richard Mack; copyright by Richard Mack 2009; www.sheriffmack.com; published by Sheriff Mack, P.O. Box 971, Pima, Arizona 85543.

Nullification: How To Resist Federal Tyranny In The 21st Century
by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.; copyright 2010 by Thomas E. Woods, Jr.; published by Regenery Publishing, Inc., One Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001, www.regnery.com; ISBN: 978-1-59698-149-2.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 01:11:00 pm »

I'm going to start a new thread about this. Stewart has settled on the acronym "ALL" to name this project. That stands for "Alliance of Liberty Leaders". Maybe I'll even start a child board to develop the project here.

Somebody in Massachusetts likes the project -

http://masslpa.org/content/montana-oath-keepers-holds-statewide-liberty-leadership-forumconference

Salute!
Elias

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »

Did anyone record any of the speeches?  I'd LOVE to see them!
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:21:41 pm »

Did anyone record any of the speeches?  I'd LOVE to see them!

It's difficult to even try to answer that question just at this time. I'll certainly post you if a recording surfaces.  I think somebody shot Chuck Baldwin's presentation, which was very powerfully delivered. He showed up in sports coat and blue jeans. Very personable guy, very much a strict constitutionist, and very hip as to where the problems are coming from.

Thanks, Bro!
Salute!
Elias
Pages: [1]   Go Up