The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Federal Judge Outlaws Free Speech in Response to FIJA Educational Efforts  (Read 6048 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Federal Judge Outlaws Free Speech in Response to FIJA Educational Efforts
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 05:14:52 pm »

Does Julian know about this? He'd be all over it. :)

Seriously, I hope there are some like Julian down there to challenge this nonsense.
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

The desire/compulsion to control the lives and property of others is the ROOT of all evil.

iloilo

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 06:36:03 pm »

ML, as stated in the post, FIJA is challenging this order.  We already have attorneys on it, and as mentioned, have a legal challenge fund going already.

We don't want any more people in jail.

One of FIJA's advisory board is in NYC right now working on Julian's case.

Yes, Julian would be all over it, trying to get arrested, but that is not the solution: a challenge is a solution, and the judge has played right into our hands this time, because there was no one to arrest (thanks to James' excellent restraint and his insistence on staying inside FIJA's guidelines for such instances), and power is not patient, so the judge has issued an unlawful administrative order, which we can challenge directly. 

I hope there is no one like Julian down there to mount his sort of "challenge" now, because that will not help the case.  We don't need people "all over it" when they do not have a long-term strategy for winning: we are about protecting human rights, not building personality stars.  We will win this one by using the law and our rights–and rational thinking—as humans.  Thank goodness James stuck to his plans and did not allow Julian or anyone else to be arrested, even when those people wanted to be arrested.  Now the judge has grown impatient with FIJA's standard tactics of peaceful non-confrontation, and issued an easily-challenged order.

We will win this one, and have every human rights group in this country behind us.  No flamboyance, no stars, just good, solid, sound, strategy that is paying off in protection of human rights for everyone.

We carry on.
ff

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 08:18:46 pm »

It would appear from a strict reading of the rule, the judge in instructing the jury to find solely on the basis of the given law for example, or anything not in the manner of a strictly factual presentation on the part of either the prosecuting or defense attorney, would likely be grounds for a contempt charge.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 06:40:47 am »

I do understand what you are saying, ff - but I think there is definitely room for all kinds of action, protest and responses.

I seem to remember that the original colonists did everything in their power to follow your program... and eventually had to do the "flamboyant" to get the job done.

I'm really glad for Julian's efforts, and don't see him as trying to be a rock star, by any means. He has suffered real harm bringing this to the attention of people across the country.

Filing lawsuits and legal challenges are fine, but they do not necessarily educate the people on Main Street. Both are certainly valid strategies, as far as I can see.
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

The desire/compulsion to control the lives and property of others is the ROOT of all evil.

iloilo

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 07:37:54 pm »

Our first flyer, in response to the order, is at the top of the FIJA web site.  www.fija.org
ff

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 07:56:18 pm »

Our first flyer, in response to the order, is at the top of the FIJA web site.  www.fija.org
ff

Posted here: https://billstclair.com/blog/we_of_fija_seek_to_obey_the_law.html
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

iloilo

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 08:10:49 pm »

Thank you Bill:
It is getting circulated nicely.
This letter was sent out just before Doug and I put the flyer together.  Some of you will recognize Doug's style in parts of the flyer.  Doug remains hospitalized, but we hope he will be home by Sunday. 

I think you will enjoy it the letter, especially the last part.  It is also up on the FIJA web site.    ^_^ :laugh:

On Rushing to the Barricades …
On the matter of the reactive judge in Florida, and his silly order…

Dear Impatient FIJA Friends,
Bless you for your courage, for your impatience, and for your decent sense of outrage.  Please think a moment about how much we might gain, and how easily we could lose that gain.
Let us visit for a moment:   Yes, an unfortunate  judge, lackey of his masters, has issued a silly bit of paper, with some order on it, which will turn this situation into a farce, at the expense of that judge.  Bear with me on this for a moment.
We don’t want any more people in jail.  You are each individual, thinking humans, so you make your own decisions.  We are asking everyone to stay home a few days, as we coordinate a national response, as well as mount a multi-faceted challenge to this barbaric, uninformed, unethical attack on human rights.  We don’t need any more arrests.  That is not how you get the reaction you want from power-damaged minds—you never do quite enough so that they can arrest you.
(Think bigger: what is your GOAL?)
Reaction is not a strategy—it is playing on their level.  We are above that, as thinking, peaceful humans who are less power-damaged (and many of us healing from power damage while learning more effective strategies).  Getting arrested is not the solution—a challenge is a solution, and the judge has played right into our hands this time, because, you see,  there was no one to arrest (thanks to James’ excellent restraint and his insistence on staying inside FIJA’s guidelines in all instances), and power is not patient with irritations, so the judge has issued an unlawful administrative order, which we can challenge directly.
We have been peaceful, we have wished to obey the laws.  Now, they are changing the rules on us. They are changing the rules and threatening the use of force against peaceful, law-abiding people.  So we ask: show us the law which allows this new rule.  Only we will be asking more questions than one, many of them critical,  and we will do all this as publicly as possible. They cannot stop the signal*. Watch what we do. Join us in the doing.
Cogito, ergo armo.      :-)
We are being peaceful in the fullest sense of the word.  There are no movies of us being anything but peaceful, lawful, rational, logical, and cooperative.  Even MSM cannot depict us other than kind, thoughtful, deliberate, peaceful and polite people.  Watch those films on Video Jug: watch other peaceful FIJA workers discussing these concepts of human rights and independent jurors.
We don’t need people “all over it” when they do not have a long-term strategy for winning: we are about protecting human rights, not counting coup by number of arrests.  We will win this one by using the Common Law and our rights—and our rational thinking—as humans.  Thank goodness James stuck to the strategy and did not allow Julian or anyone else to be arrested, even when those people wanted to be arrested.  Because of that strategy, this juvenile judge has grown impatient with FIJA’s standard tactics of peaceful non-confrontation, and has erroneously, subjectively, reactively, issued an easily challenged administrative order.
We will win this one, and every human rights group in this country will be with us, and some in other countries as well.  No flamboyance, no defiant demonstrators, no anger, no hate—just good, solid, sound, strategy that is paying off in protection of human rights for everyone.
This bad move, on the part of those who perceive us as their enemies, gives us an opportunity to raise many questions in the minds not only of the power-damaged ones, but in the minds of those who will remember one question, and learn new ways of thinking in the answering of that question.  Questions—once effectively articulated—build that box canyon of logic around those who wish to avoid such questions.  Remember: Cogito, ergo armo.
Because we know you are reading this, we openly offer those who consider themselves our enemy this opportunity to examine our strategy:
STRATEGY
We plan to publicize—not based on individual personalities, but rather on the necessity for peaceful protection of our fundamental Human Rights against—unlawful actions of foolish feudal judges who reactively write asinine administrative orders which will soon bring public ridicule to the author of that order and to those whom he serves.   We will offer to many more individual humans the knowledge that this necessary peaceful protection is available from every juror in the land.  More will hear and learn.  That is our strategy.  We thank you for this opportunity for educational publicity at your expense. End
We carry on. Peacefully.
Iloilo Marguerite Jones
Kýrie, eléison.
ilo²
FIJA.org
iloilojones.com
feralfae.com
* For all you Fireflies out there.

iloilo

« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2011, 09:46:13 am »

More today: a letter was sent yesterday to the florida  governor, attorney general and judge who issued the order
http://fija.org/2011/02/04/fija-questions-florida-judge-attorney-general-and-governor-over-unlawful-order/
The letter is probably a good one, and I think you will enjoy reading it.

ff

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2011, 11:58:30 am »

Methinks the judge has painted himself into a corner. But, even if this is reversed, he'll still be on the bench to violate others' rights. Or worse.
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

iloilo

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2011, 01:47:51 pm »

:laugh: :laugh:
Press release, please share.

4 February 2011
For Immediate Release
357 words

Confusion in the Courts, Justice from Jurors

Conflicting interpretations of law confuse people.  Uninformed, undereducated judges who do not understand the law should resign rather than issue unlawful orders.

During the past year, the Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA) has conducted a peaceful, orderly educational campaign across the State of Florida.  Thousands of educational brochures have been distributed peacefully to thousands of individuals.  Many people have learned of their traditional authority as a juror for the first time.

Recent unlawful orders issued by Florida State Judge Belvin Perry of Orlando show the ignorance of some judges on points of law, and on the legality of actions.  This ignorance makes it doubly necessary that informed jurors are present.  Informed jurors protect harmless, innocent, law-abiding people from the improper and often vicious prosecutions allowed by government judges—including judges who do not understand the law.

FIJA is questioning the order issued by Judge Perry.  FIJA is insisting that the Governor and Attorney General examine the order for its lawfulness, especially in light of an opinion issued less than a year earlier by another Florida State Judge.

If judges can issue unlawful orders with impunity, then what recourse is left open to innocent, peaceful people who seek the protection of the courts?  If government officials allow judges to issue unlawful orders, and law enforcers are allowed to initiate harm against people who are not in compliance with these unlawful orders, what protection is left for peaceful, harmless people?

The only protection left is from those very people FIJA is trying to educate: the jurors.  To protect people from bad laws, jurors must know of their authority to refuse to convict people who are charged under bad laws.  Neither the judges—nor government school teachers—will tell people of this authority.  Lawyers argue against it as well, because it diminishes their power and income.  Judges often lie about it, telling jurors that they must follow the instructions of the judge.  We need informed jurors who will protect our rights.
FIJA
PO Box 4335
Helena, MT 59604

iloilo

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »

There are a lot of today's news links up on the http://www.fija.org FIJA web site, about what is going on right now in Florida.
Please read and share.
Thank you.
ff

Junker

www.fija.org

You can view the response in the FIJA, et al. v. Ninth Circuit case here. Obviously, Belvin Perry’s office was unable to articulate a clear position for their specious attack on informing jurors of their inherent rights of conscience.

Meanwhile, FIJA Activists continue to spread the word all across the nation. Join us by ordering your FIJA educational material today, and share it with friends.

Watch this website for announcements of upcoming on line training sessions for Activists, as well as for announcements of new full court press educational campaigns where you can get involved. Our goal is to have high-visibility FIJA campaigns in twenty-five states by Jury Rights Day this year. We are well on our way to reaching this goal.

Let’s go!

www.fija.org

Trade only in commodities-- silver & gold.
Support FIJA.
Be a FIJ.

All good liberal ideas.

All good, liberal ideas.

fixed links
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:24:42 pm by Junker »

mutti

• Mutti

Just an FYI. More information can be found on the FIJA site

Activist gets 5 months for giving out pamphlets at Casey Anthony trial

An activist who handed out pamphlets outside the Orange County courthouse during the Casey Anthony trial was sentenced to five months in jail, his attorney said Wednesday.

Mark Schmidter, who belongs to a group known as the Fully Informed Jury Association, had been handing out the pamphlets at the Orange County, Florida, courthouse and other locations since September 2010, according to his defense attorney.

"He's got a project where he hands out leaflets, giving information about jury service," defense attorney Adam Sudbury told HLN's "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" on Tuesday after his client's sentencing. "Judge (Belvin) Perry passed a couple of administrative orders in the context of the Casey Anthony case that touched on my client's activities, and as a violation of those orders, he was found in contempt."

There appears to be an appeal process (which might need  monetary support from those of us who can - is that correct?).
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.

Just an FYI. More information can be found on the FIJA site

Activist gets 5 months for giving out pamphlets at Casey Anthony trial

An activist who handed out pamphlets outside the Orange County courthouse during the Casey Anthony trial was sentenced to five months in jail, his attorney said Wednesday.

Mark Schmidter, who belongs to a group known as the Fully Informed Jury Association, had been handing out the pamphlets at the Orange County, Florida, courthouse and other locations since September 2010, according to his defense attorney.

"He's got a project where he hands out leaflets, giving information about jury service," defense attorney Adam Sudbury told HLN's "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" on Tuesday after his client's sentencing. "Judge (Belvin) Perry passed a couple of administrative orders in the context of the Casey Anthony case that touched on my client's activities, and as a violation of those orders, he was found in contempt."

There appears to be an appeal process (which might need  monetary support from those of us who can - is that correct?).

And in the process the crooked judges and crooked lawyers get richer and pay their bills while we avoid paying a bill or three to help pay theirs by "mounting" challenges.  Isn't that disgusting to anyone else?
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up