The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Matrix, finally!  (Read 2874 times)

motomom

The Matrix, finally!
« on: March 26, 2010, 09:39:36 pm »

Ok, this grandma has finally seen The Matrix, and understands "the blue pill" and "the red pill."

Finally. 

Amazing how many tv ads were spawned by that movie.  If the advertisers only knew how badly all those expensive ads were lost on me up until now.

Yay for me.
Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It merely wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

gaurdduck

Re: The Matrix, finally!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 12:00:10 am »

You took the red pill right?

motomom

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 02:21:02 am »

You took the red pill right?

Yep, and I can never go back.... :ph34r:
Never try to teach a pig to sing.  It merely wastes your time, and annoys the pig.

Junker

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 09:20:20 pm »

Hooray, Motomom!

Good movie.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 02:05:07 pm »

Yay! Do you plan in seeing the other two? Not that you have to, to appreciate the awesomeness of the first movie...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

motomom

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 01:54:41 am »

Yay! Do you plan in seeing the other two? Not that you have to, to appreciate the awesomeness of the first movie...

a couple of folks told me not to bother, so I haven't watched them yet.  What do you think?  Were they worth the time?

gaurdduck

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 02:44:10 am »

a couple of folks told me not to bother, so I haven't watched them yet.  What do you think?  Were they worth the time?

If you skip the sex scenes, then yeah, it is worth the time.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 03:02:31 pm »

DH and I watched all three again a few weekends ago. This was the first time watching the movies since my "awakening." Interesting to watch the movies (really, the first one is the best IMO) from a truly freedom-loving perspective...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

gaurdduck

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2011, 07:24:26 pm »

If enough people drop out and quit supporting the system, it will collapse. Without the Power of many, they have none. Literally.
Pages: [1]   Go Up