The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FIJA at The International Libertarian  (Read 3826 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
FIJA at The International Libertarian
« on: October 06, 2010, 07:49:29 am »

Jury Nullification May Be The Only Salvation For The Antiwar Activists
http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2010/10/jury-nullification-may-be-only.html

The Supreme Court's decision in Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project to uphold the "material support" of terrorism statute (18 U. S. C. §2339B(a)(1)) has truly turned the law into the tyrant’s weapon. In their June 21, 2010 decision they wrote, "Congress and the Executive are uniquely positioned to make principled distinctions between activities that will further terrorist conduct and undermine United States foreign policy, and those that will not." With these words the Supreme Court made a criminal of anyone that has had any contact with an organization on the State Department’s list of foreign terrorist organizations. This author is astounded at the court’s naiveté in proclaiming that the government is able to make such "principled distinctions". They’ve abdicated their role as guardians of our liberties by rubber stamping this repressive law.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

darrenlobo

• Provisional
Re: FIJA at The International Libertarian
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 05:42:40 am »

If you liked this article perhaps you'd like some of my more recent posts like:

Why They Torture (video)

Last Saturday the weekly demonstrations for and against the wars in West Chester, PA were joined by some special visitors. One was an activist I only know as Barbara advocating the closure of the Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp in Cuba. This is a US military facility that has been the subject of much controversy. Terror suspects are kept there and many are tortured.

The other visitor was local conservative talk show host, and advocate of torture, Dom Giordano. He spent most of his time with the pro war demonstrators though he did come across the street to talk to us peaceful people a couple of times. The video below records two of his interviews. He engages Barbara in a lively debate on the subject of torture and Guantanamo. She handles Giordano's arguments extremely well

http://theinternationallibertarian.blogspot.com/2011/01/why-they-torture-video.html

jamie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:08:53 pm »

The two reasons that you give for torture, to break the will and intimidate aren't the real reasons.  And the official reason, to extract intelligence, is also bogus because people will say whatever they think the torturer wants to hear.

The real reason is because they can.   The usg has evolved into a nascent torture/terror state.  The psychopaths are in charge.

There will always be someone to step in for a dead or broken by torture leader.  And they are always useful as martyrs.  People don't really need a leader anyway.  The grievances are enough.
Intimidation won't work against committed enemies, it will only harden resistance.

Which takes me back to why they torture.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:23:25 pm by jamie »

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:44:17 pm »

Why they torture is simple, it is to inflict terror on those who won't submit.

As for The original post, I agree completely.
However, I believe we have a rouge government.
The crooked judges will throughout any jury verdict that they don't like.
Ballot box.....Soap box.....Jury box....What's the last alternative again?(I forget.)
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

iloilo

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 05:53:15 pm »

Why they torture is simple, it is to inflict terror on those who won't submit.

As for The original post, I agree completely.
However, I believe we have a rouge government.
The crooked judges will throughout throw out any jury verdict that they don't like.
Ballot box.....Soap box.....Jury box....What's the last alternative again?(I forget.)

fixed that for you, and the last box is  :ph34r:
a box of chocolates.   
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ff

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:11:39 pm »

Personally, I like the idea of a rouge government. If we can convince the tyrants in DC to spend their time applying red makeup, maybe they'll leave us alone. :)
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

darrenlobo

• Provisional
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 10:11:11 pm »

Personally, I like the idea of a rouge government. If we can convince the tyrants in DC to spend their time applying red makeup, maybe they'll leave us alone. :)

Not if it's the Khmer Rouge.  :shakehead:
Pages: [1]   Go Up