The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: We the Living trailer  (Read 1547 times)

mi6a2lm

• http://emtaz.com
We the Living trailer
« on: April 22, 2011, 11:32:54 am »

This is more how I view what an Ayn Rand movie should be like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFUu2GbkbSc

For you 56K'ers:

“This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end - which you can never afford to lose - with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” - ADM James Stockdale

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: We the Living trailer
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2011, 11:05:30 am »

It's a fabulous movie. When I first heard that Italians had long-ago made a movie (without Rand's consent, the Objactivists always claimed, though I believe the real story was more nuanced than that) of We the Living, I expected it to be florid and awful. Coulda knocked me over with a feather when it was so good.

Even the altered ending seems right. See it if you haven't. See it again if it's been a while.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 05:37:48 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

micker1

Re: We the Living trailer
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 04:28:44 pm »

thanks very much for sharing that, had no idea it existed..

thought the book excellent; and to make it even more remarkable it was written in English, which of course was not her native language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up