The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Westboro Baptist stymied in Brandon, MS  (Read 12610 times)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Westboro Baptist stymied in Brandon, MS
« on: April 27, 2011, 12:12:38 am »

Apparently the veterans and currently serving in Brandon, Mississippi don't much appreciate out of town rabble rousers.

Read more HERE

Some of the responses were interesting as well.

I think this is a viable response to these sort of rabble rousers who twist the "Law" to shield their misinterpretation of the Law.
They are protesting as a political act against the US Government but they are protesting at a private funeral NOT at their local US Government Office.
So why exactly is it classed as an expression of free speech and not as "inciting to riot" ?

[Personal Opinion Follows]
I hope we see much more of this sort of coincidental, accidental and entirely violence free response from our communities when a fallen soldier, seaman, marine or airman comes home to rest in hallowed ground with his ancestors. I do Not condone the assault upon one of the Protesters as reported in the article.
[end of personal opinion]

Thoughts anyone ?
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
Re: Westboro Baptist stymied in Brandon, MS
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 03:34:19 am »

Done about right.  No real initiation of force, but exactly the type of coercion they are trying to use- turned back on them.  Excellent.  Monkey war...........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

rasmith442

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:21:12 am »

I'm glad somebody finally found a way to handle these hate-mongers. Free speech does not equate with emotionally assaulting grieving families.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Texas." Davy Crockett

MommaHen

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 10:58:02 am »

I was cheering as I read this.

Way to go People of Brandon MS!

Clip Johnson

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 11:38:22 am »

First, this is appalling for ANYONE to act in the manner these people do. Why do they do it and with what justification (Biblical or otherwise)? Such crap never ceases to amaze me.

And as already expressed here, I am glad to see someone effectively deal with these "dangerous and spiteful" people.

The one striking thing to me (other than these folks "appear" to be just a TINY bit touched in the head) is these members of Westboro Baptist Church apparently either didn't read their Bibles, or they are obviously perfect, flawless human beings who are without sin. The Bible clearly states in Matthew 7: 1-6:

“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

“Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces. 

It seems pretty clear to me that this passage of Scripture expressively prohibits such hypocritical judgment of others. Further, the hypocrisy of "so called Christians" are emotional roadblocks to just about everyone. In fact, hypocrisy in the church probably repels more people than any other factor (and for good reason). Someone once said the biggest problem with Christianity is Christians! And I can't doubt it! I just thank God that not all are as similarly situated as these nut-jobs.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:52:41 am by Clip Johnson »

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2011, 04:59:20 pm »

Free speech does not equate with emotionally assaulting grieving families.

hhhmmm............emotional assault eh?............very porcine sounding........yes indeed
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Rarick

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 07:12:20 am »

Emotional assault- no.   Disrespectful/ unethical treatment yes.  If they disrespect other human beings like this, what does that mean if there is no action to futher marginalize them?  These people have done nothing but lost a loved one to the defnse of a greater community.  To disrespect them for the actions of an independant adult member of their family is wrong.  The adult if he acted wrongly, paid his price.  The family is paying a price for losing a member, right or wrong.   

Quite frankly if one of these people showed up asking for "christian charity" they would get none since they plainly show they have none themselves.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 05:37:34 pm »

The defense of a greater community............well that's a very interesting way to describe being paid to kill people in the absense of any other gainful employment.

Now don't get me wrong..........I wouldn't protest at someones grave, but that's just blind respect on my behalf...........but to give "words" the power of "actions" is a VERY grave error indeed..............and will most assuredly come back to bite you in the butt at some point in the future.

And would you give your brave guardians of this purported "greater community" carte blanche authorization to stifle, by force of arms if neccessary, any groupings of words that you, or even worse, "they" find offensive?

And no, I wouldn't grant them christian charity either............but by the same token, I wouldn't send thugs to thump them in the head because "I" don't like what they're saying either, because if "I" can do such a thing, so can anyone else........and inevitably it might be "my", or "your" head getting thumped...........maybe because "I" posted a picture of a dead snake on some social site?
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Junker

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 05:46:27 pm »

:ph34r:

Ya notice? It seems Rarick has just had enough of Liberty... It too often gets
in the way of great plans... and those great planners.

:ph34r:

Rarick

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 05:34:12 am »

lol

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2011, 11:31:57 pm »

So far as I can tell no one has offered to "send thugs to thump them in the head".

The one person who got thumped got thumped by a single person and that was after [apparently] a "heated argument'" at a gas station in Brandon.

While there probably was some degree of animosity towards the WB protester prior to the thumping it was not an "organized" effort to "beat some sense into the dirtbags" and it was only one person doing the thumping.

I have no love for a "Standing Army" but I do respect the burden that the volunteer assumes when they enlist to "support and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign or domestic."
I have done so myself.
I took that oath freely and knowing that it Might mean surrendering my life in the defense of "my country". MUCH has changed in both myself and in "my country" since 1966.

Let the person who was born Knowing that the lies spouted by Fed Gov were exactly that be the one who first criticizes someone who in their political ignorance attempts to "do the right thing".

I grow weary of people who claim that "national borders" mean nothing and yet promise to defend their "private property" with violence.

Hypocrisy it sounds like to me.

{ Please remember that this "section" of TMM is the Oath Keepers section and NOT anarchy central. It is intended as a place for Persons who have taken the Oath to the Constitution to converse without interruption by those who do not value that oath or the Constitution. Thank You.}
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 11:37:37 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

CorbinKale

• Oath Keepers
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2011, 08:04:54 am »

If parking their butts at funerals to protest is free speech, then surely parking behind their cars in counter-protest is free speech, too. The Patriot Guard Riders have another very effective method of countering the WB nuts with their own free speech. The answer is always MORE freedom. If you ever find yourself calling for restrictions on freedom, you have been duped into putting chains on your own ankle.

http://www.patriotguard.org/

I don't condone the thumping of the individual, but human nature is a fact of life, regardless of purist ethical philosophies. People will only tolerate so much before they respond in kind, or worse. Sometimes groups of people gather together and KILL those, who have bedevilled them. I'm not saying that is ethical, or morally pure, but it happens pretty predictably. Mike's grandpa summed it up very well with his wolverine metaphor.
A free man doesn't beg permission to exercise his Rights.

Lenny

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2011, 11:11:33 am »

If parking their butts at funerals to protest is free speech, then surely parking behind their cars in counter-protest is free speech, too.

The problem is that neither of those things is "free speech." Parking your butt at a funeral is by permission of the cemetery owner, or the sidewalk owner, or the road owner, depending where exactly you park your butt. Parking your truck is by permission of the parking lot owner.

So in a free society, the WBC people would be trespassing and could be evicted, unless they managed to get permission from a property owner near the funeral, in which case the relevant property owner can be boycotted or shunned by his neighbors.

But also in a free society, if the WBC had permission from the hotels to lodge there and park in the parking lot, they would be contractually obligated not to imprison them in their hotel rooms, confiscate their cars, etc. The ones who parked them in would be trespassing if they didn't have the hotel's permission, and if they did, the hotel would be in violation of its contract and liable for damages.

On the whole I'd say close, but no cigar on this one.

CorbinKale

• Oath Keepers
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2011, 04:13:41 pm »

The problem is that neither of those things is "free speech." Parking your butt at a funeral is by permission of the cemetery owner, or the sidewalk owner, or the road owner, depending where exactly you park your butt. Parking your truck is by permission of the parking lot owner.

So in a free society, the WBC people would be trespassing and could be evicted, unless they managed to get permission from a property owner near the funeral, in which case the relevant property owner can be boycotted or shunned by his neighbors.

But also in a free society, if the WBC had permission from the hotels to lodge there and park in the parking lot, they would be contractually obligated not to imprison them in their hotel rooms, confiscate their cars, etc. The ones who parked them in would be trespassing if they didn't have the hotel's permission, and if they did, the hotel would be in violation of its contract and liable for damages.

On the whole I'd say close, but no cigar on this one.

Well reasoned. I concur.
A free man doesn't beg permission to exercise his Rights.

Rarick

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 01:56:24 pm »

Someone who travels hundreds or thousands of miles only to spew and provoke...for a political cause or otherwise.  Is in the process of starting something using "fighting words"  some places have "inciting" laws and other places do not.   These people are actors- being out of their neighborhood, yes like we are in Afpakia, and are taking a certain risk............
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up