The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jugendamt???  (Read 2299 times)

Clip Johnson

Jugendamt???
« on: October 04, 2011, 12:43:15 pm »

Has anyone seen or heard of this German child welfare agency - Jugendamt? These people have been taking children from their families in Gestapo type raids for what crime - home schooling????

I must say that I was shocked when I first saw this, well, actually still am.

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/world/2010/March/Child-Welfare-Agency-Echoes-Nazi-Germany/

Other info here and here and here .

LaughingBear

Re: Jugendamt???
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 01:09:35 pm »

Documents shown to CBN News indicate little Dan brought in about $8,000 a month for the state home where he was kept. While CBN News was there, Heidi got a bill in the mail from the Jugendamt for what was done to her family. 

As usual, follow the money...

Hey, the USSA is having money problems... maybe...
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are."

H. L. Menken

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 01:11:46 pm »

Yep. HSLDA has been attempting to help on the International Level. You can find a little more here: http://www.hslda.org/hs/international/

Today there was an update on one case. There are several in the works:

http://www.hslda.org/hs/international/Germany/default.asp

A horrible situation
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

Clip Johnson

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 01:25:22 pm »

Thank you for the links mutti!

It is an unbelievable situation, and as LaughingBear alluded to, I also wonder what is the possibility for this happening here as well. I really don't know much about the situation, but it appears to me that many Germans are, for the lack of a better way to put it, conformists and are more prone to following the directives of .gov without question or comment? I think this lent itself to the rise of Nazi Germany - folks just more or less conformed to the philosophies and mandates of the "authorities," and such still exists to some extent today.

All I can say is: WOW! this is horrible!!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 01:28:42 pm by Clip Johnson »

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 01:33:33 pm »

I also wonder what is the possibility for this happening here as well.

It's less likely if you never enroll your child. Looking through HSLDA's law files, there are little pushes here and there. When we moved several years ago we could have purchased 2x the land with a an equal home for the amount of money budgeted. However right over the river (other state) we would have been subjected to monitoring, etc.

Loss of FRNs (thankfully we could see the writing on the wall in a Global sense for financial instability coming) vs Loss of Parental/Educational/Choice Rights? Freedom wins every time.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 05:52:26 am »

The judges presiding over the case actually scolded the defendant more than once, for example, for questioning the quality of education being provided<snip>

So a judge decided which educational program is best for the children?  Yikes.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2011, 07:54:17 am »

The judges presiding over the case actually scolded the defendant more than once, for example, for questioning the quality of education being provided<snip>
So a judge decided which educational program is best for the children?  Yikes.

Yes. It has happened in a few states here. If someone chooses to HS follow the simple rules of life:

1. Never talk to the Police/Social Services/etc.
2. Keep records. If you can keep electronic records on a USB that can be handed over in case you must provide information. Computers, etc. could possibly be confiscated in an "investigation".
3. Try not to ruffle feathers, but don't be a pushover either (that one is hard).
4. Don't ask for "help". I've seen a few families ask for "help" with speech, Driving Instruction, etc. It almost never turns out well.
5, Never talk to the Police/Social Services/etc.

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2011, 02:52:54 pm »

+1 to what Mutti said, with this addition of this:  Keep multiple copies of your records, and hide those copies so that not all of them end up "lost" in the hands of the authorities.
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken
Pages: [1]   Go Up