The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dragon's Fury  (Read 3720 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Dragon's Fury
« on: October 09, 2011, 02:30:16 pm »

A couple of years ago I've read the book Dragon's Fury by Jeff Head.

This is a Big Techno-Thriller Epic of a book. It covers a future-history of a WWIII in which the Chinese teams up with the Islams to fight America. It become a big fight that it known as a World War. I don't think I'm giving away too much when I say the next high ground will be space. The Chinese have developed higher tech weapons than we have, but we're no pushover.

In the middle of the book is a demonstration of why we have the Second Amendment.

The book seems to be Republican in some places but its not too in your face. This is a very good book to read.

http://www.amazon.com/Dragons-Fury-World-against-America/dp/0971577900/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1318187795&sr=8-1

This make for a much more believable scenario to happen than the upcoming Red Dawn movie.

S.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 01:48:58 am by S. Jester »
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

knobster

• Come and take!
Re: Dragon's Fury
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 05:54:35 am »

Very cool.  I'll see if I can add this to my Kindle.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 08:01:08 am »

Okay. Added to Second Hand Book list.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

fred.greek

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:14:53 pm »

It appears Jeff is still offering a no-cost pdf download:

http://www.jeffhead.com/ebookdownload/

Retired, but still working in the garden...

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 12:21:30 pm »

Holy Cow!

It seems that the Chinese have developed tech that is reminisced of the tech explained in the Dragon's Fury book by Jeff Head. It still remains to be seen if its pie in the sky or not.

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/supersonic-submarine-will-travel-shanghai-san-francisco-1626454845/+barrett

The comments are full of all the things why it's not a good idea. But there's no reasons why it couldn't be done for weapons. Such as underwater torpedoes and underwater missles. Most of these weapons would be fired for short ranges anyway.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2014, 06:24:28 am »

Very cool.  I'll see if I can add this to my Kindle.

My gosh time flies...  I still haven't added this to my Kindle!  I need to take better mental notes so I don't forget 95% of everything that crosses my path.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Who...me?

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 09:20:30 am »

LOL that's why I have a white board on the side or the fridge right inside the door from the mudroom, for little stuff I need to pick up or out of sight projects my wife wants me to do.  And a small note book to give me a heads up on more private stuff that needs done.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken
Pages: [1]   Go Up