The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A man Getting "It"  (Read 1567 times)

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
A man Getting "It"
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:54:16 pm »

That's terrific in your face shaming. The look on some of those pigs was priceless. Do you think they'll "get it".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLxERJz0g7k&feature=player_embedded
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

jamie

Re: A man Getting "It"
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 05:57:31 pm »

I don't know, hard to say how much was grandstanding and how much was real. The rhetoric itself was pretty standard, I fought for this country. I would rather he acknowledged that he didn't in fact fight for this country.  Not that it matters and I don't even really care, but did anyone catch what the badge was above his ribbons ? Or am I seeing something that wasn't  there?  How about the ribbons themselves? 

hangman

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2011, 09:15:45 am »

Oh, and it ran only Russian TV. I wonder why.

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 09:56:00 am »

This video has been around for a while.  RT was not the original source.  The subdued badge above the ribbons appears to be his former rank.  The ribbon rack looks real to me (they were the correct service, in the correct order), though they are not normally worn on battle uniforms.  In other words, the guy really is a Marine vet, and those really are his ribbons.

This was not any kind of setup.  It was his own idea to go down there after seeing some of the NYPD brutality on YouTube.  In another OWS thread here, Mutti and I were discussing the fact that cops are used to people being afraid of them, and that soldiers are not so easily intimidated.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:12:33 am »

Klapton - I am curious as to your opinion on the latest information here:

Semper Fi: Occupy Marines Bringing Reinforcements To Occupy The Nation

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/10/22/semper-fi-occupy-marines-bringing-reinforcements-to-occupy-the-nation/
What began as the gathering of just a few US Marines has now become a major organized movement to get Marines and military personnell of all branches to Occupy America nationwide. You can thank Marine Sgt. Shamar Thomas for that. His actions last week have inspired service men and women across the country to take a stand for the American people and join the Occupy protests.

Sgt. Thomas, as you’ll recall, stood up to the NYPD during the protests in Times Square and told the officers that hurting peacefully protesting American citizens is wrong. His message seemed to work on the officers present since they backed down. Now more members of the military are joining the movement in a strong organizing effort to help the protests get through the winter and beyond.

Mr. Foster has also authored such articles as:

The Enemies Within: The 20 Most Dangerous Conservatives And Their
Organizations

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/08/04/the-enemies-within-the-20-most-dangerous-conservatives-and-their-organizations/

The Founding Liberals July 4, 2011 By Stephen D. Foster Jr.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/the-founding-liberals-july-4-2011-by-stephen-d-foster-jr/question-1946587/#comments

My concern of course is the co-option of individuals into what appears to be a very hate filled agenda with this person (Foster).

--------
OccupyMarines is an organization - although of course - no information is available for the "leaderless" organization. http://occupymarines.org/

Domain is owned by this person: http://www.pp-international.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25802 - although it appears the last "big" news of his history is losing the election of the Pirate Party. Of course we are encouraged to donate through the Velvet Revolution website which is self-described (http://www.velvetrevolution.us/newVR/index.php?q=about):

Velvet Revolution is a term coined to describe the peaceful road to change in countries where governments ignored the inalienable rights of the people.  A few inspiring Velvet Revolutions occurred in the former Soviet Union, East Germany, Czechoslovakia, South Africa, Ukraine, Egypt, Tunisia and other countries.The citizens of those countries, tired of corruption and arrogant power, joined together by the millions in a sustained campaign of opposition – they demonstrated, boycotted, petitioned, and engaged in strikes until the pillars of power were replaced by the halls of the people.

VelvetRevolution.us ("VR") is a network of more than 100 progressive organizations reaching millions of people demanding progressive change through our various campaigns.

The Need for VR

VR's issues are not a matter of Right and Left. They are a matter of Right and Wrong! The tactics and the power of the Democrats and progressives in this country have not been sufficient to check the actions of a corrupt Republican agenda. The left has not been able to develop the necessary tactics to win this battle for the heart of America, despite the fact that there are many fine progressive organizations with many members. The leadership of the Democratic Party has generally engaged in a pattern of appeasement, and few organizations have had the clout or backbone to go toe to toe with the extreme right. In many major battles recently, the Democrats have rolled over, and the result is a frightening world of perpetual war and civil strife, both literally and figuratively, led by politicians who are out of touch with regular Americans.

Which of course makes me wonder as I consider both parties as part of the problem.
-----------------------
Discussions abound of course and as former Military they are certainly not violating any Orders.

(Liberty News Forum)

--------

So - is OWS being co-opted or is OWS coming together like mercury drops on a slanted table?

Just curious.............

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 11:54:19 am »

So - is OWS being co-opted or is OWS coming together like mercury drops on a slanted table?

I know that lots of people WANT to co-opt this thing.  I think winter will do more to hinder this movement than anything else.  I think it will drag on while various people claim to speak for them or to have captured what their "true message" is...  Just like the Tea Party thing.  By next spring, a media simplification will have emerged, and OWS will be just like the Tea Party - a punching bag for the other "side," and a figurative flag for lefties to gather around.  Just like Bachman and Cain or Santorum try to say they are the Tea-Partiest candidate, there will be Democrats doing the same thing - claiming that THEY are the Occupiest.

Of course WE know they are all full of shit and don't really want to change anything except to enlarge THEIR share of the loot stolen from the rest of us.

What could possibly change everything, however, is if the whole thing was to turn truly ugly.  If, for example, someone gets killed by the police or something like that...  there is no saying what could happen.  THEN the whole military veteran aspect of this could spin rapidly out of control.  Military people, for the most part, are rule-followers.  While guys like this Marine might speak out and shame the cops, he's not looking for a fight.  He's not trying to break any laws or get himself arrested, etc.  He made his point - he's gtg.

If some atrocity happens, it could very well be game-on.  All this business of the 99% whining about the 1% will be eclipsed by the "III%" who will skip right past the protest and go right to whoop-ass mode.  God help us all if that happens.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 05:05:52 pm »

Thanks. gtg  :thumbsup:
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

hangman

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 05:27:42 pm »

I know that lots of people WANT to co-opt this thing.  I think winter will do more to hinder this movement than anything else.  I think it will drag on while various people claim to speak for them or to have captured what their "true message" is...  Just like the Tea Party thing.  By next spring, a media simplification will have emerged, and OWS will be just like the Tea Party - a punching bag for the other "side," and a figurative flag for lefties to gather around.  Just like Bachman and Cain or Santorum try to say they are the Tea-Partiest candidate, there will be Democrats doing the same thing - claiming that THEY are the Occupiest.

Of course WE know they are all full of shit and don't really want to change anything except to enlarge THEIR share of the loot stolen from the rest of us.

What could possibly change everything, however, is if the whole thing was to turn truly ugly.  If, for example, someone gets killed by the police or something like that...  there is no saying what could happen.  THEN the whole military veteran aspect of this could spin rapidly out of control.  Military people, for the most part, are rule-followers.  While guys like this Marine might speak out and shame the cops, he's not looking for a fight.  He's not trying to break any laws or get himself arrested, etc.  He made his point - he's gtg.

If some atrocity happens, it could very well be game-on.  All this business of the 99% whining about the 1% will be eclipsed by the "III%" who will skip right past the protest and go right to whoop-ass mode.  God help us all if that happens.

Agreed Klapton. It's just a matter of time. Wait for the global depression. Wonder what that will inspire.

mouse

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 06:34:36 am »

Saw that on Bill's blog and I thought it was brilliant.  The look on some of these cops' faces is priceless.

I will admit I was expecting the guy to be tasered and/or beaten up, any minute.  What could their excuse be "arousing public disorder"?

tozierpatriot

• The Journey That Is Faith
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 10:10:47 pm »

That is the right message to send to the authorities and to wall street. But wouldn't the clearest message be for everyone to sell their stocks, etc? Talk about long term effect on the market! Money talks the loudest. Then there is the issue of continuing to vote for politicians and their promises...
live and let live

“Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to authority is not using his intelligence; he is just using his memory.” Leonardo Da Vinci

hangman

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 11:13:55 am »

That is the right message to send to the authorities and to wall street. But wouldn't the clearest message be for everyone to sell their stocks, etc? Talk about long term effect on the market! Money talks the loudest. Then there is the issue of continuing to vote for politicians and their promises...

That's an interesting idea. However, from the CAFRs in so many agencies, the Feds have about 20 trillion dollars invested in the stock market, so they can manipulate at will. But, it would send a message. TPTB may worry, but I'd bet they'd get a laugh out of it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up