The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hot, brainy SF babes  (Read 3870 times)

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
Re: Hot, brainy SF babes
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »

Oh, getting shot down isn't the problem.  Handling a "No" is easy.  I know what to do with that.  It's the "Yes" I'm afraid of.
And why is that?  :huh:

Because if she says "Yes", I have to figure out where to take her on a first date.  Has to be a place quiet enough to talk so we can get to know each other, but fun enough that as long as I don't say or do anything monumentally stupid, she'll want to go on a second date.  And that depends on being good enough at reading her when I ask her out to have an idea of what such a date would constitute. 

I do OK at reading people well enough to not get slapped, punched, or shot, but when I find myself interested in a girl, I tend to get nervous and stupid.  I start to question whether what I'm reading is accurate or whether I'm reading too much into it, and then I start to really overthink it.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

DiabloLoco

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 05:52:57 pm »

Because if she says "Yes", I have to figure out where to take her on a first date.  Has to be a place quiet enough to talk so we can get to know each other, but fun enough that as long as I don't say or do anything monumentally stupid, she'll want to go on a second date.  And that depends on being good enough at reading her when I ask her out to have an idea of what such a date would constitute. 
You can't lose with mini-golf! Quiet, fun, and you can grab an ice cream afterwards. Always a great first date.

Second date- some type of event, concert, or festival.
Third date- dinner and a movie......then if you are lucky.... :love4: :sex: :love4:

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 10:42:11 pm »

Aw, you guys are kinda cute! Contrary to what DL says, humor is a big turn-on - for me and just about every gal I've known. Girls "digging" confidence well, that depends on the girl. My DH is really shy and "nerdy" which intrigues me.
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 11:35:20 pm »

security six, here's my thing, I've put on some weight over the years, what with my insane metabolism getting buggered by a medication malfunction.  (other people killed themselves while on it, so I guess I got lucky, for me it just made it much easier to get fat if I don't exercise religiously.)

So anyways, I get shot down a lot.  I don't know why, I mean I was damn hawt stuff when I was thinner and more muscular, but that's just the trick.  I didn't handle no's nearly as well as I do now, figure that out.  As for the yes part, just remember the most important part.  Let her DRAG your secrets out of you.  Think Witwicky and Foxxy.  Don't gush over her, let her earn you.  If you're a carpet and she has options, she'll go for the options, I've dated few in my younger years (when I looked like hawt stuff and I sold myself short.  I noted that all the women I gushed on quickly, lost interest quickly.  So frankly, even if you built an orbital wrench dropping satellite with back yard reload delivery systems, you still shouldn't tell her.  Let her discover it later.  The more of a mystery you are, the longer you last, I don't mean lie to her, but let her find out about you slowly, and learn about her as much as you can, without being creepy (second point on satellites, if you have your kill sat on standby as a spy sat watching her, you REALLY shouldn't tell her, its good intel, but its also shitstorm creepy +1.)  Also, never, EVER tell her you ran a back ground check on her, unless at some point you dated a real axe murderer and wanted to make sure you didn't date another.  Even so, that's stuff she probably either shouldn't find out about, or should find out about after you start living together IF you're the type that goes for that.  Me, I like separate living quarters, but the lab/workshop is a party attendance thing, with swipe cards and automated turrets to keep unwanted snoops out the permanent way.

Other than that, like I said, I wants me a geek girl, think girlgeniusonline.com (pretty cool webcomic) style.  I could go for that chick.

I'm actually not hurt by a chick that comes up with good ideas, even if hers improve upon mine.  (Haven't met any, but I believe I'd fall deeply and madly in love if she was pretty to boot, but not drop dead gorgeous though, those chicks are always nuts the wrong way and I have yet to meet a "gorgeous" one that was techy smart, hence the approval of using Fox as the mech chick, hawt mech chicks are rare IRL, and the only one I ever knew had major daddy issues was a devout liar and her uterus didn't work so its not like we could've made crazy clones of ourselves together.  Well not the old fashioned way anyways.)

+1 to your Optimus Prime remarks.  Also +1 to the possibility of Megatron now coming back as Galvatron.  And since they killed off Starscream now we'll get to see him come back as a ghost like in the cartoons?

Funny, I hope I can go through my old toys and find my old optimus prime.  I actually had one, figure that out. :P

I did have on question (besides the serious freaky scary nature of the decepticon hottie in Transformers 2 with the chain whip tongue and tail.)  Why does the allspark ALWAYS create decepticons in the movies?  Everything it brings to life is psychotic and decepticon by far (all red eyes too, for the color aware.)
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:45 am »

+1 to khyeron. Great post.

Back on topic- Has anyone ever seen Fringe? Agent Dunham= Pure Hotness!!!!!!!!!!!

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2012, 07:00:33 am »

Because if she says "Yes", I have to figure out where to take her on a first date. 

Ask her what kinds of things she likes to do, where she likes to go... her answer will give you lots of clues. Or you can ask her straight out where she'd like to go. A woman who is her own person, and and therefore worth knowing, will probably tell you without much prompting.

The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2012, 07:47:48 am »

Back on topic- Has anyone ever seen Fringe? Agent Dunham= Pure Hotness!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch it every weekend, on Hulu, while folding laundry. Definitely hot, but not in the same class as Summer Glau, or Thirteen (Olivia Wilde), or Keira Knightley. They turn me into a quivering wreck.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 10:55:14 am »

+1 to khyeron. Great post.

Yes, and I agree.  I prefer the "alternate universe" redhead version of Olivia Dunham.  Of course, I'm also deeply in lust with Alyson Hannigan and Felicia Day, so...
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

DiabloLoco

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 11:06:02 am »

Yes, and I agree.  I prefer the "alternate universe" redhead version of Olivia Dunham. 

I prefer the alternate Olivia too. I'm a sucker for redheads.  :laugh: Astrid is pretty hot too. And on the latest episode....Etta (Peter and Olivia's daughter)......SMOKIN'!
The "alternate universe" seems cooler than ours. I especially like that "over there" they have kept up maintenance on the Statue of Liberty and it still has the copper sheen that it had when it was built. It looks cool.  :mellow:
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up