The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Great Loss: Rex McTyeire Passed Away June 6th  (Read 1476 times)

Bernie

• 3rd Herd
A Great Loss: Rex McTyeire Passed Away June 6th
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:00:53 am »

Oath Keepers,

It with great sadness that I tell you we have lost Rex.

I just got the sad news that Rex passed away last night. I just got off the phone with his wife, Karen. I don't know what to say. This is a terrible shock. I just saw him a week ago at Rolling Thunder and he was spry as ever.

It was apparently a sudden heart attack last night, June 6. Karen is devastated, and needs all the support we can possibly give her.

We have lost a brother in arms and a good friend. America has lost a great patriot and warrior in the cause of freedom. His shoes cannot be filled. I don't know what else to say right now.

We will set up a memorial fund on our main site, to help Karen with the funeral costs and all else she is dealing with. When Karen is able to, she will write up Rex's life story so we can post it. Meanwhile, I will write something for the main site and post it today. Most important thing right now is to help Karen in any way we can, emotionally, spiritually, physically, and financially. When I know where to send cards and flowers, I will post that too.

We do not yet know when or where, exactly, the memorial service will be. Most likely it will be this next weekend, June 15-17, but not sure. As soon as I know, I will post it.

I told Karen to just let me know when and where, and I will be there. There will be a public memorial service, with all Oath Keepers invited, and if any of you can possibly make it, please do come and let's give Rex a send off he would be proud of. He deserves the highest honors and the presence of as many of us as can make it.

We have lost a damn good man. Karen has lost her husband, and right on the heels of losing her Mom last week. She really, really needs our fullest support and help right now. SC Chapter President Richard Grumbin will be helping to coordinate. He should be your first stop with any questions on logistics and details, besides what I post here.

At the moment I really don't know what else to say, except that the good die far too young, and life is far too short. Rex, brother, we will miss you terribly and we were MOST honored to have had you among us.

Rex was one of the very first men to step up from across the country when we started Oath Keepers. He grasped immediately its importance, and he was there at our conference in Vegas in October of 2009 and jumped in with both feet. He was a tireless leader and spent countless hours online, on this forum, on the phone, and in person getting things done. Having such a fine Special Forces officer in this org helped us in immeasurable ways, and besides that, just the way Rex was, as a stubborn Scotsman, made all the difference on many fights. I was proud and honored to have his serve as my VP, and all of us on the national board were honored to have him among us. He was our brother.

I remember his speech at our first convention in 2009 in Vegas, when he spoke of his participation in the Free Scotland movement, and he choked up a bit when he spoke of his Scottish heritage, and he spoke of the long history of the struggle for freedom in Scotland, and tied it to our current struggle. He read this quote from the Declaration of Arbroath, of 1320:

Quote:
for, as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.

Amen. Rex understood that the struggle for freedom is eternal, timeless, and endless, and that every generation, and every man who dares call himself a man, must take up the standard and stand in the breach. He knew it, and lived it. For him, the SF motto of "De Oppresso Liber" (to Liberate the Oppressed), was not just a motto, but a way of life, and a solemn promise, part of his oath, and part of him. He lived it every day of his life, to the very end, and he did not give up, or give the cause of freedom up, but with his life itself.

Please join me in remembering and honoring this great warrior and leader.

Stewart

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: A Great Loss: Rex McTyeire Passed Away June 6th
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 09:16:06 am »

Quoting myself from the OK Homepage ....

captgooch Says:
June 8th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Sad sad news.

Rest in Peace Rex my brother.

We shall continue the struggle for Liberty.
But we will miss you.

Capt Gooch
OK BoD Retired
Texas SCP Retired
Capt USMM Retired
Navy Veteran

Rex and I shared a room at one of the LV Conventions and got to know each other a little better than just acquaintances.

I didn't agree with him on every thing but I Will miss him, We will miss him.

Rest in Peace Rex.

edit to add notation about quoting myself
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 09:18:49 am by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: [1]   Go Up