The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DOJ Attorney  (Read 853 times)

mutti

• Mutti
DOJ Attorney
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:49:34 am »

Attorney tells reporter to leave :  http://www.iberianet.com/news/attorney-tells-reporter-to-leave/article_81ac1784-b570-11e1-9ef5-001a4bcf887a.html
When a reporter from The Daily Iberian asserted he was, she said, “OK, well you can stay, but you can’t quote me or record the meeting. You can quote those who speak, but you can’t quote me.”

She said the Department of Justice has very special rules about how their attorneys can be quoted. The reporter said it was a public meeting and asked how she could force him not to quote her or anyone else.

“I’ve been all over the state holding these meetings and haven’t had a problem with any other reporters,” Hranitzky said.

Not special rules - very special rules.

Hranitzky grew belligerent and threatening and said if the reporter didn’t follow her directive he would be asked to leave.
“Then (the Department of Justice) can call your editors and publisher at the paper, and trust you don’t want to get on the Department of Justice’s bad side,” Hranitzky said.

At that point she demanded the reporter leave. Even when he said he would not quote her she still demanded he leave, but eventually she relented and conducted the meeting.

Oh those kind of special rules for special peoples.
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up