The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A look back- DiabloLoco  (Read 1407 times)

DiabloLoco

A look back- DiabloLoco
« on: August 03, 2012, 01:01:44 pm »

As this post will be the big #1000 for me, I figured that I would take this opportunity to look back at how my attitudes, political position, ideals....etc...etc.... have changed since I first found TMM.

My first post-

My handle is DiabloLoco (crazy devil), and no I don't speak Spanish. Just thought it sounded cool. I am in my lower 30's and have to work VERY hard to make ends meet and still have enough left for beans and bullets. (no gov't help for me.....EVER!) I have a very balanced view on politics, although I tend to be leaning Libertarian lately. Very open minded on religion, and have a fair amount of knowlege on many, although I don't affiiliate with any religion. I'm an avid coin collector and have been "prepping" for a few years now. Right now I live in (dare I say it ) Schumer's home state . I live in rural upstate though. I'm hoping to move SOON!!!! Northwesternish US hopefully. I hope to finally have some wolves to chat with. It always seems that I am surrounded by sheep!!! Glad to be here and hope to be able to contribute and learn as well. THX!

So what has changed since then (June 4th 2011)? Well....I still don't speak Spanish!  :laugh:  Many things have stayed the same, but there has been BIG changes as well. For example, I no longer have a balanced view on politics. Over the course of my time here on TMM, I have sailed way past Libertarianism, and now consider myself an Anarcho-Capitalist. I have also fully adapted to living with ZAP. I didn't even know of the concept until I came here! It was here on TMM that I was introduced to agorism as well. I'm definitely a much different person now. A better person.

Now, as for my 1000 posts, most of which were witticisms, (well, I thought that they were witty!  :laugh: ) a few argumental posts (I had a few flame wars :rolleyes: ), and a batch of posts which I considered noteworthy. I have learned a great deal, but I'd like to think that I have contributed as well. At least a little. :dontknow:

I'd like to send a special thanks to ML. MamaLiberty- I respect you immensely. Thank you for being so adamant about spreading the voice of liberty, individualism, and self ownership. I owe you a great deal of gratitude. Thanks for being my "Online Mama".  :wub:

I'd also like to send a special thanks to the Moderators, Administrators, and Technical Advisers. Thanks for keeping things running smoothly.

To all those that I regularly chat with through Private Messages- Thanks for "lending an ear".

Well......I guess that's it! I wonder what will change after my next 1000 posts? Only one way to find out.  :headbang:

:threvil: DiabloLoco

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: A look back- DiabloLoco
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 01:22:25 pm »

It's great to have you let us know about this - though I suspect many of us have seen the wheels turning anyway. :) And you are most welcome for any bits I've contributed to that journey. Bless you, and I hope to be your online "mama" for a long time. :)
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 01:25:27 pm »

Thanks for the look back DL.
My story is much the same.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 02:26:55 pm »

Cool! When you had to take a break for technical difficulties, I would have bet dollars to donuts that you weren't going to return. Glad you did. You might have been in some "wars" however, I never found you mean or nasty. And you've had several posts that made me smile. Keep learning and growing! Blessings!
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

DiabloLoco

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2012, 02:48:53 pm »

It's great to have you let us know about this - though I suspect many of us have seen the wheels turning anyway. :) And you are most welcome for any bits I've contributed to that journey. Bless you, and I hope to be your online "mama" for a long time. :)
Me too....Me too...

DiabloLoco

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2012, 02:52:49 pm »

Cool! When you had to take a break for technical difficulties, I would have bet dollars to donuts that you weren't going to return. Glad you did. You might have been in some "wars" however, I never found you mean or nasty. And you've had several posts that made me smile. Keep learning and growing! Blessings!
I knew that I would be back. I was getting behind on some bills and had to "trim the fat". Cable and internet were the lowest priority, and were cut first. I also had to get a new computer. My old one was a dinosaur. Once I got my shhtuff together, TMM was the first site I went to.

Thanks for the kind words. You continually make me smile as well. :thrbiggrin:

stainzblue

• What's that beeping sound?
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 09:51:04 pm »

Hey Bro
I have some parts that you can have to build a screaming linux box.  Case powersupply mobo amd processors video cards ram and an old flatscreen monitor.  You will just need a hard disk.  Get an ssd!  You know how to reach me.  Ill be at the BOL not this weekend but nextweekend.  It would be nice to meet before the big move!
SB
"The most important part of survival is the mind. It is your mind that tells you to prepare for hard times. [...] It is also your mind that tells you how to handle hard times you didn't think to prepare for."  
securitysix

DiabloLoco

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 05:40:44 am »

Hey Bro
I have some parts that you can have to build a screaming linux box.  Case powersupply mobo amd processors video cards ram and an old flatscreen monitor.  You will just need a hard disk.  Get an ssd!  You know how to reach me.  Ill be at the BOL not this weekend but nextweekend.  It would be nice to meet before the big move!
SB
Sweet! I'll contact you soon!

stainzblue

• What's that beeping sound?
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 12:28:27 pm »

This post got me to thinking how much I have changed since 9-11-01 (living that day ~ 13 miles from ground zero, first plane practically buzzed my apartment building near the Hudson River.)  I was a cool-aid drinking, reactionary, conservative, repugnican.  Since Patriot Act, I remained ex-political until obamao was selected in November 08.  I began collecting thundersticks the following Saturday.  Started reading Claire's works, joined JPFO (and I'm a gentile), found TMM, built a BOL in the mountains upstate.  The past week I've been packing getting ready to relocate to what should have been my home since birth, Wyoming.

I have tried to show friends and family data, history, intelligence to demonstrate why they must get out the Northeast (or really any city / urban cesspool) sooner rather than later.  This is what I get, "Oh you are so paranoid."  If I show them info from alternative new sources, blogs (i.e., info that does not come from one of the "mainstream" media outlets owned by the -sssshhhh put on tin foil hat now- red shield.)  I'm also leaving behind some people that do "get it" but have lost so much money in the boom/bust real estate fiasco that they don't have the guts to cut their losses.  Shame on them regardless.  How dare they put their family at risk for a few bucks that won't matter in a month or year anyway.  I'm done casting my pearls before swine.

Stainzblue, Out!

-edited typo-
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:36:25 pm by stainzblue »
"The most important part of survival is the mind. It is your mind that tells you to prepare for hard times. [...] It is also your mind that tells you how to handle hard times you didn't think to prepare for."  
securitysix

Mountain Prepper

• Observation, logic, communication, and acceptance is the only rational path.
  • Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 02:10:36 pm »

As this post will be the big #1000 for me, I figured that I would take this opportunity to look back at how my attitudes, political position, ideals....etc...etc.... have changed since I first found TMM.

This account is at a bit over 1k (never pay much attention to that stuff - but...

I have used three accounts and changed them due to security problems over the years. Posted from around the Y2K mark with the first account then changed over to #2 about 2004 (I think) and now this account name.

Like you, I have changed a lot, evolved from "something" to a more reflective person, gone from angry, abused, and in poverty to where I am now. Politically moved from the statist center to Jeffersonian Agrarian, after all the years I remain completely unconvinced of anarchism and while I understand NAP/ZAP and live it myself (we could call that a reflective, humanist, who follows the "golden rule" what is basically repackaged as ZAP). Aspects of anarchism really, really bother me deeply and the entire shunning concept as presented is not only unworkable but repugnant to me personally. I do hold sympathies with anarchism to some extent but understand that it is totally unworkable with the fellow humans we have with us now...

Politically I was "awake" long before I started on the boards long ago, but my views and reactions to the same set of facts has changed somewhat. It is interesting to see how others start to become "awake" fully or partly, even here on the boards. The saddest thing about even partial "awakening" is that you can NEVER return - once you become aware of the system that supports the oligarchy, you cannot un-do that knowledge, spooky as it is...

Moved from the repressive bible-belt to the inland west trying to escape the religious fascists and ignorance-worship, I can say without reservation that the mountains and the massive amount of nature to experience here is a life-saver.
The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained apes owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever “fixed” because “normal” is both mediocre and cowardly.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 03:35:21 pm »

It is interesting to see how others start to become "awake" fully or partly, even here on the boards. The saddest thing about even partial "awakening" is that you can NEVER return - once you become aware of the system that supports the oligarchy, you cannot un-do that knowledge, spooky as it is...
So true. There is no turning back. I sometimes "pretend" to be asleep. Sometimes OPSEC requires it. It's kinda hard to bite my tongue in those situations though. Gotta judge your audience. Sometimes you just KNOW that the person is not even close to being ready for the information that you could give them.

I'm really glad that this thread gave you and StainzBlue an opportunity for reflection. You can't know where you're goin' til you know where you been! :thumbsup:

Mountain Prepper

• Observation, logic, communication, and acceptance is the only rational path.
  • Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 03:56:20 pm »

It is interesting to see how others start to become "awake" fully or partly, even here on the boards. The saddest thing about even partial "awakening" is that you can NEVER return - once you become aware of the system that supports the oligarchy, you cannot un-do that knowledge, spooky as it is...
So true. There is no turning back. I sometimes "pretend" to be asleep. Sometimes OPSEC requires it. It's kinda hard to bite my tongue in those situations though. Gotta judge your audience. Sometimes you just KNOW that the person is not even close to being ready for the information that you could give them.

I'm really glad that this thread gave you and StainzBlue an opportunity for reflection. You can't know where you're goin' til you know where you been! :thumbsup:

All humans can change... that change can be good, bad, or neutral and that is just part of gathering experiences, knowledge, and simple raw data.

I often wonder if the WAY you process that experience, knowledge, and raw data changes, I THINK I am the same person with the same abilities with just more time and data input that made the difference.

I am not sure, I don't perceive a change in the way I can process that information - but personal experiences can be tricky... full of bias, flaws, and lack of information...   :dontknow:
The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained apes owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever “fixed” because “normal” is both mediocre and cowardly.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 03:59:18 pm »

I often wonder if the WAY you process that experience, knowledge, and raw data changes, I THINK I am the same person with the same abilities with just more time and data input that made the difference.

That's deep, man. Deep. Thought provoking.  :idea1:
Pages: [1]   Go Up