The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: First Deer  (Read 3155 times)

Lonewolf72

First Deer
« on: November 08, 2012, 10:50:18 pm »

My son bagged his first deer this year. Insisted on doing everything himself, except for the field dressing. I'm one proud papa. He did real good for a fourteen year old on his own hunting for the first time. He's been out with me before, but I have a deer hunting curse. If I'm there, the deer aren't, so he wanted to go solo. :thrbiggrin:

knobster

• Come and take!
Re: First Deer
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 05:40:26 am »

Awesome!  Congrats to your son.

I will miss the season this year due to my move West in a couple weeks.  I think my wife would change the locks if I told her I was heading to the woods for a couple days while she sits surrounded by children and boxes...
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2012, 05:42:41 am »

I will miss the season this year due to my move West in a couple weeks.  I think my wife would change the locks if I told her I was heading to the woods for a couple days while she sits surrounded by children and boxes...

I very much doubt she'll be doing much sitting... Unpacking is not my favorite chore... though it beats the heck out of packing.

You'd be lucky if changing the locks was her worst response. :)
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 11:26:42 am »

I very much doubt she'll be doing much sitting... Unpacking is not my favorite chore... though it beats the heck out of packing.

You'd be lucky if changing the locks was her worst response. :)
:laugh:
Indeed.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

cowardly lion

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2012, 05:39:46 pm »

Congrats to your son!

I've been out five times and seen nothing.  Nada.  Unless you count the twenty or so turkeys that flew over head at one point.

Then, coming home from work last evening, I spooked three does as I turned into my driveway.  Drat!

cl
Sic semper tyrannis, baby!    - Joel Simon

As much as we may not want to consider it, we must have a mindset that enables us to do instant and devastating violence in defense of self and/or loved ones.   -Dave Champion

It's not unusual to run into folks in the internet that are dense enough to have event horizons.

Remember, remember, the fifth of November . . . .

Don't mistake my silence for weakness - no one plans a murder out loud.

wasabi

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 10:36:26 am »

congrats on developing the extra help in keeping your freezer stocked!!!!!

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 12:40:22 am »

i've been taking G/F's eldest son(14 years old) for 2 years now..........and he can't sit still yet........but he's getting better as he gets older.
Although I still don't know whether he's really into hunting yet..........or just being with a bunch of nasty old men, doing what nasty old men do.*LoL*

Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up