The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Subversive Santa  (Read 13440 times)

Augustwest

Subversive Santa
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2003, 12:47:07 pm »

Well, I dunno how many Simon Jesters would pay $250 for such a thing.

Precisley why you give it to them as a gift - they really want one, but are too broke or stingy to buy one for themselves.

Be a really cool thing to have...

sorry, my lower-case Z just quit working

I smell John Ashcrofts hand in this somehow. Smells like fancy lotion on top of decay. Ugh.
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2003, 12:47:37 pm »

Did I mention Ammo?

And a copy of the Mini Series Amerika

Hey, Hasher ... How about specialty ammo? Would anything particular be on your Santa list? I'd ask for Glasers, since that's a pricey item that would look lovely in a Christmas stocking. But how about tracers or snakeshot or ...?

Hi-cap mags is a good one.

But damn, I'm TV challenged. Amerika? Got to go Google that one.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Augustwest

Subversive Santa
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2003, 12:50:34 pm »

Oh, and if you're looking for something unique, how 'bout 8 lbs of Unique?
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
Subversive Santa
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2003, 12:52:14 pm »

Lemme think and I'll get back to you... I'm at school right now. :(  
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2003, 01:09:10 pm »

Oh, and if you're looking for something unique, how 'bout 8 lbs of Unique?
:lol: A uniquely useful gift.

Ah like your style, Augustwest (even if I don't particularly like your brains  :D )*

* Deer brains, that is. (Anybody squeamish should probably not read the innocent-sounding thread about knitting, spinning, and dyeing in the Hardyville forum. Augustwest has made it ... somewhat more colorful.)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 01:28:43 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

debra

Subversive Santa
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2003, 01:19:42 pm »

1. Gift certificate to Front Site / Gun Site
2. A reloading press
3. USB mini hard drive (for storing your subversive data)
4. A copy of Innocents Betrayed, Waco: Rules of Engagement, and similar
5. Full version license of PGP 8.0 for Windows (if they gotta have Windows at all)

I'll try to think of some more.

Augustwest

Subversive Santa
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2003, 01:24:09 pm »

(even if I don't particularly like your brains  )*

And I ain't even got enough left to tan me with  :blink:

Augustwest has made it ... somewhat more colorful.

I'm not the one who asked what brain tanning is...  ;)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2003, 02:29:20 pm »

I'm not the one who asked what brain tanning is...  ;)
Harumph. You could have declined to answer the brain question on the grounds that there were ladies present.

Augustwest

Subversive Santa
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2003, 03:19:41 pm »

phmurah. Point taken  :)

I realize I'm sorta stuck on a theme here, but I wonder if Starline does gift certificates...

Carl

Subversive Santa
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2003, 03:42:41 pm »

The Doing Freedom! Anthology and Spooner's Be Creative might be nice virtual stocking stuffers.

http://www.doingfreedom.com/bookstore/index.html

Docliberty

Subversive Santa
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2003, 03:50:02 pm »

Complete autographed set of El Neil's books.

Complete autographed set of Claire's books.

12 Ga. Flechette or Jungle mix rounds.

A brass cannon.
Doc

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  Marion Morrison

"I do not fear my government.  I fear what my government will cause me to become."   Docliberty

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

Hasher

Subversive Santa
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2003, 03:59:59 pm »

Claire,

Teh specialty stuff is ok but I would rather have ball ammo for pratice or Cor Bon or Gold Dots for Carry Next month is the yearly ammo rotation for all teh carry and defense guns. I would ask for buck shot but I recently did an inventory and I hav eover 1000 rounds so thatys probably out.

So I would say baal is good cause those pricey rounds are no good without the ability to hit with them.

Or a cupon for Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, LFI ect.

How about a Gift Certificate for Allesi or Milt Sparks Holsters? That would be nice.

Hasher

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2003, 04:17:08 pm »

phmurah. Point taken  :)

I realize I'm sorta stuck on a theme here, but I wonder if Starline does gift certificates...
Well, I sorta guessed what was coming when I asked the details of a process called "brain tanning." And something tells me that all the "ladies" present can handle the info just fine.

Don't worry about it, Augustwest. We may need hearty, hardy pioneer brain tanners like you once the politicians are done "doing their thing" with our country. And then even us queasy ones will be glad you mentioned it.

Starline. Theme is okay -- How about an entire reloader's *package* -- Dillon press, powder, Speer bullets, Starline brass -- whoohoo!

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2003, 04:20:01 pm »

Complete autographed set of El Neil's books.

Complete autographed set of Claire's books.

12 Ga. Flechette or Jungle mix rounds.

A brass cannon.
Dangerous stuff you're asking for here, Docliberty!  ;)

And speaking of brass cannons ... Has anybody ever actually made up a flag of Luna, as described in Moon is a Harsh Mistress? That would be great to hang next to the Gadsden flag on July 4.  

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2003, 04:26:20 pm »

So I would say baal is good cause those pricey rounds are no good without the ability to hit with them.

Quite right, Hasher. Unless of course you consider the "good" that comes from having great bragging rights: "Well, of course, I always carry Supercalifragilistic hollow points with the special Teflon coated, laser-guided expanding titanium-lead alloy. I might not be able to hit the side of a criminal. But damn, the coroner's crew is going to be impressed with my ammo when they pry my gun from my cold, dead fingers."  :lol:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2003, 04:27:31 pm by Claire »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up