The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Subversive Santa  (Read 13437 times)

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
Subversive Santa
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2003, 06:29:58 pm »

I was just about to say... give a Gadsen flag! Also, the Luna flag idea is cool... I wonder if there's any place online that does flags cheap.

Definitely, a brass cannon would be a cool gift. Or a sword. :D

On the more attainable side... maybe buy up an older computer and install Linux on it for your -- ahem, "technologically challenged" -- friends and family; they can do their emails and such just as easily as they can on Windoze if someone sets it up for them.

That's about all I can come up with right now... this frickin crappy weather makes my brain slow. :angry:  
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

Docliberty

Subversive Santa
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2003, 06:58:49 pm »

Dangerous stuff you're asking for here, Docliberty! wink.gif

Dangerous?!?!

Little ole' me?

Why thank you Claire.  You just made my night.  First time anone's called me that.
Doc

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  Marion Morrison

"I do not fear my government.  I fear what my government will cause me to become."   Docliberty

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
Subversive Santa
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2003, 06:58:15 am »

A subscription and/or anthology from Back Woods Home.  

============================
There is no distinctly native American criminal class save Congress.
-Mark Twain
There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2003, 08:51:31 am »

A subscription and/or anthology from Back Woods Home.  

:D  You must be workin' for Dave Duffy. He already put in his request for exactly that. And since he's publishing the column (and since I agree) ... I obey.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2003, 09:03:49 am »

I was just about to say... give a Gadsen flag! Also, the Luna flag idea is cool... I wonder if there's any place online that does flags cheap.

On the more attainable side... maybe buy up an older computer and install Linux on it for your -- ahem, "technologically challenged" -- friends and family; they can do their emails and such just as easily as they can on Windoze if someone sets it up for them.

Big yes to the used computer idea (or one of those cheap Wal-Mart jobs that comes with some flavor of Linux already installed).

You guys have now got me looking for a Luna flag.

I found someone who's drawn one: http://www.flags-by-swi.com/fotw/flags/fla...agbook.html#mon & even though the representation is a little crude, just seeing it is inspiring. (I had forgotten the bar sinister in the design; I like that. Yeah, we can be a bunch of b******s to tyrants.)

And here's another (perhaps better) drawing: http://www.geocities.com/trevorgudsell/lun...a/freeflag.html. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this guy got the bar sinister right.

Bar sinister slashes downward from the left, not downward to the left, right? Er ... left.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

suijurisfreeman

Subversive Santa
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2003, 09:06:06 am »

All the wishing in the world won't get you a Liberty Trike this Christmas, but this Subversive Santa has one setting in the garage as I type.  So what's a Liberty Trike?  About 3 months ago I built my own recumbent tricycle out of 3 junk bicycles, $50 and 40 hours work.  I'm currently working on my 'real' trike, but this one will have a totally enclosed body (they're called velomobiles in Europe) probably made out of Zotefoam.  I'm going to the Zotefoam factory in Walton, Kentucky on Monday to pick up sheets of Zotefoam.  My 'real' trike will have a wheelbase of 43", a track of 34", will have a overall length of 100", width of 36" and weigh about 60 lbs.  I'll be using the bright yellow Zotefoam for the body and of course the coiled rattlesnake with the moto "Don't Tread on Me" on both sides.
So what is this Subversive Suijurisfreeman Santa gonna do with a Liberty Trike?  Earlier this year I posted an enlarged copy of Kentucky's Bill of Rights in the Monroe County Courthouse in Tompkinsville, Kentucky.  Once I get my Liberty Trike completed I intend to ride around Indiana (for starters) to the various county seat courthouses and post enlarged copies of Indiana's Bill of Rights/Constitution in an effort to educate the masses that IF we're going to have civil government, the Bill of Rights/Constitution is the foundation of that social compact.  Will this make any difference?  Don't know, but I'm sure gonna have fun trying!
Maybe next year you can put a Liberty Trike on your wish list, I'm working on having the first production Liberty Trike available March 1, 2004!  Don't Tread On Me!
I could offer different models, 'Don't Tread On Me', 'Liberty Tree', 'Live Free or Die', 'Liberty or Death', .......
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 09:23:29 am by suijurisfreeman »

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
Subversive Santa
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2003, 09:06:53 am »

You must be workin' for Dave Duffy.

No, but I've been a subscriber for a few years now.  I started my subscription to get your columns, but found that I liked the rest of it, too.

============================
Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.
There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2003, 09:34:07 am »

No, but I've been a subscriber for a few years now.  I started my subscription to get your columns, but found that I liked the rest of it, too.

Wow. I'm flattered you'd subscribe to a 'zine just for my articles. But I'm glad you like the rest of it, especially since Dave Duffy has never known quite what to do with me in the print edition and isn't using me much, lately, except on the Web ed.

I like BHM very much, too, completely aside from the fact that it sometimes publishes me. Packed with useful, usable info.

enemyofthestate

• Banned
Subversive Santa
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2003, 11:13:18 am »

Mystical man values human life.  Rational man values the ability to value human life.
--Stephen Carville

Atheist   n.   A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others
-- Chaz Bufe, The American Heretics Dictionary

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2003, 11:39:21 am »

Here are some ideas:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig3/conger7.html
Yeah, I saw that! Have to admit, I totally agree with his last recommendation ... other than the part about duct-taping gun-banners into their chairs.  :lol:  

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
Subversive Santa
« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2003, 09:07:46 pm »

Here is a Christmas gift from me to everyone here at The Claire Files Board. A free copy of my program Top Secret Crypto Gold. To receive your free copy download the program from the web site, and then send me an e-mail requesting the registration codes and make sure you include the phrase Claire sent me in the body of the e-mail. This offer is open to anyone that reads or participates in these boards and is valid until 31 Dec. 2003.

An older version of the program was reviewed in the Oct. and Nov. 2002 issues of Doing Freedom. Since then the program has been greatly improved to included encrypted peer-to-peer chat, an encrypted journal or diary, spell checker, 60 smileys (the same ones used here with permission of the designer), greater compatability with PGP version 4 RSA keys, and an improved Virtual Keyboard. Sorry, only works with Windows. :(

So, have a very happy subversive holiday on me, and Claire, thanks for providing all of us subservise types :ph34r:  a place to meet and talk. I do not know about anyone else, but over here in the Philippines where I live, logging in is one of the high points of my day. :D

When you request a registration code please include your name and e-mail address so I know where to send it. I should have stated this with the original post. Sorry for the inconvienience. :(
« Last Edit: December 01, 2003, 07:08:36 pm by Mac the Knife »

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable."~H.L. Mencken

First Freedom Outlaw Brigade Merchandise Store

Bear

• Curious Bear
Subversive Santa
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2003, 11:30:13 pm »

How about a bullet mold for casting your own?

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

Augustwest

Subversive Santa
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2003, 08:19:24 am »

Who but this crowd would be completely tickled to receive a bucket of old wheel weights for Christmas?  :D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 08:46:11 am by Augustwest »
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2003, 12:19:44 pm »

Here is a Christmas gift from me to everyone here at The Claire Files Board. A free copy of my program Top Secret Crypto Gold. To receive your free copy download the program from the web site, and then send me an e-mail requesting the registration codes and make sure you include the phrase Claire sent me
Hey, Mac the Knife -- thank you!

That's tremendous. I'll mention it in the Santa column, but will make sure anybody who's interested has to come here to find the secret password. I wasn't aware of Top Secret Crypto Gold until you posted. So (aside from the fact that it's only for W******s), I'm glad to know about it, just on general principles.

Philippines?

I'm curious. We've got the Philippines, Germany, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, and Australia represented here, if I'm counting right. Anybody else want to speak up from the non-Bushevik corners of the world?

(And thanks for that word, Bushevik, Hunter. Very useful.)

BTW, all thanks for these forums goes to Elias Alias, who hosts them and who thought of them; Bark, Ladylearning, and Elias, for making them happen; and Debra for being "Mom" and for kicking trolls out from under our peaceful little bridge. Me, I just get to have fun hanging out here. And I owe *you* guys all the thanks for the many times you've let me pick your brains and for the subversive ideas you've contributed.

Claire
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 12:20:25 pm by Claire »

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Subversive Santa
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2003, 04:00:21 pm »

I just finished the article, guys, and am turning it in this afternoon!

Everybody who suggested an item is listed (by board handle) at the bottom of the piece. Backwoods Home should post it on Monday or Tuesday.

No more suggestions needed, but thank you very much. (And go right on suggesting, if you want. Santa may be done making his list, but there are still XX more shopping days 'til the holiday of your choice.

Claire

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up