The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What else is needed for your preps? It "Depends".  (Read 970 times)

DiabloLoco

What else is needed for your preps? It "Depends".
« on: December 23, 2012, 08:22:39 am »

From survivalblog.com

Dealing with a Genuine Pain in the Rear, by P. S. in Virginia

http://www.survivalblog.com/2012/12/dealing-with-a-genuine-pain-in-the-rear-by-p-s-in-virginia.html

One of the best ways to learn something is by doing for yourself or if it's a painful learning experience then the best way to learn is from someone going through it so you hopefully won't have to. A couple of days before Thanksgiving (Tuesday) I managed to end up with the wonderful surprise of a hemorrhoid. I would like to think I have a high tolerance to pain but let me tell you, this puppy took me down for the count. When these first start there is just no comfortable position you can get into, sitting, standing or laying down. Fortunately I happen to keep in my supplies some Preparation H suppositories and ointment. Neither of these are fast acting but it was a start towards the healing process.

f anyone has had one of these happen to them you know how uncomfortable sitting can be. That evening my wife called me on her way home from work and when she finally was able to stop laughing she listened long enough to go into Wal-Mart on her way and pick me up an inflatable donut to sit on. I now have spares of these in my emergency supplies. I preceded with the suppositories and ointment and on the Friday after Thanksgiving I noticed bleeding. The best thing I can think of that may have caused it was using the combination of the suppositories and ointment at the same time. I'm sure any Dr. reading this is laughing and thinking "What an idiot" I immediately stopped using both items (it actually says that on the box). For the time being I padded up some toilet paper and placed it as a barrier to absorb the blood. My wife called me on her way home from work and when she finally was able to stop laughing she listened long enough to go into Wal-Mart on her way and pick me up a package of Depends [adult diapers] for men. These are now also part of my emergency stock.

Depends, huh.....Who'da  thunk? What other items are there that most people never think of in regards to prepping?

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
Re: What else is needed for your preps? It "Depends".
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:53:14 am »

He may want to look into some surgery if it's causing him that much pain and interference. Tampons and pads should be in everyone's supply cabinet - it's not just for female personal use. Never thought about a hemorrhoid pillow - good to know! :)
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: What else is needed for your preps? It "Depends".
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 10:15:34 am »

Great, but forget the "donut" pillow. It may provide a little relief for short periods in the beginning, but if you really think about it (and I don't wish to go into details), you will see that this only increases the pressure on the blood vessels - and that eventually increases the size and problems of the hemorrhoids.

I've had hemorrhoids since 1975 (after my last child was born), and I spent 14 years  (1990 - 2004) driving proximately 300+ miles a day. That was murder on the hemorrhoids at times, trust me. A good foam (and now some of the gel type) cushion for the entire seat is far, far preferable and more help. Getting up and walking around frequently in addition to that is even better.

Prep-H helps, as do warm compresses.  The most important thing to do is maintain a soft BM and clean religiously after.  You'll have to do all that in order for any surgical procedure to be of any use... so might as well start it now. You may avoid the surgery as I have.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up