The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re: Today's blog entry  (Read 3253 times)

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
Re: Today's blog entry
« on: November 26, 2003, 06:34:04 pm »

That Kevin Tuma, Scott Bieser, Mark Fiore and Baloo do such great cartoons
I'm HURT! :D  
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

Delos

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2003, 07:28:53 am »

Jac's pain notwithstanding, I find it refreshing that Claire can remain so upbeat after the laundry list of downers she managed so well to assemble in one place.

Happy Thanksgiving!  

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2003, 08:34:04 am »

That Kevin Tuma, Scott Bieser, Mark Fiore and Baloo do such great cartoons
I'm HURT! :D
Arrrrrrgh!!!! After beating self about the head and shoulders with a turkey leg, I have added AND RUSSMO to my list of cartoonists for whom to be very, very thankful.

http://www.clairewolfe.com/wolfesblog/00000429.html

In that blog entry, I was worried about all the people I was having to leave out of my list of fantastic individuals in the freedom movement. I was pretty pleased to think there were four cartoonists to be grateful for. Even now that I'm feeling abashed and slightly gooey with turkey-leg grease, I'm thrilled to think we have five.

And Russmo's latest -- with the teeth -- is an exceptionally good one. http://www.russmo.com  
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2003, 08:47:27 am »

Jac's pain notwithstanding, I find it refreshing that Claire can remain so upbeat after the laundry list of downers she managed so well to assemble in one place.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you, Delos.

It is refreshing to be even a little upbeat. After spending the last couple of years working on projects (State vs the People and "Innocents Betrayed") that were like clouds of doom overhead, it's almost amazing to perceive anything good in the world. The last few months have been like seeing the sun after a storm.

The people on these forums also help. (Whotta kick-ass bunch.)

Now, if only a few people in the Bush administration, the law-enforcement establishment, and the surveillance-lobbying industry would give us all some better cause for optimism ...

Anyhow, Happy Thanksgiving.  
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Ian

• aka Elf-Boy
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2003, 10:33:47 am »

Now, if only a few people in the Bush administration, the law-enforcement establishment, and the surveillance-lobbying industry would give us all some better cause for optimism ...
To quote Colonel Ludlow (Legends of the Fall), "mrrrraahhh.....fckm!"  :D

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!  
And Tomlinson took up the tale and spoke of his good in life.
"O this I have read in a book," he said, "and that was told to me,
"And this I have thought that another man thought of a Prince in Muscovy."
The good souls flocked like homing doves and bade him clear the path,
And Peter twirled the jangling Keys in weariness and wrath.
"Ye have read, ye have heard, ye have thought," he said, "and the tale is yet to run:
"By the worth of the body that once ye had, give answer—what ha' ye done?"

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2003, 11:53:23 pm »

Arrrrrrgh!!!! After beating self about the head and shoulders with a turkey leg, I have added AND RUSSMO to my list of cartoonists for whom to be very, very thankful.
Thanks. It wasn't that big a deal... I was jes' teasin'! (my ultimate goal actually was to get you to beat yourself over the head with a drumstick) :P I'm surprised you were able to list what you did... I woulda blanked out right after writing "Things to be thankful for" <_<

Even now that I'm feeling abashed and slightly gooey with turkey-leg grease, I'm thrilled to think we have five.
Yeah, that really is more than one would expect...

And Russmo's latest -- with the teeth -- is an exceptionally good one. http://www.russmo.com
Thanks, I'll tell him you said so!
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

Sunni

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2003, 10:40:03 am »

From a post to the LRT Discuss list, because it's applicable to many here:

I am thankful that I had the pleasure of getting to know Dan Weiner -- both in email and in person at a conclave -- before he died.

I am thankful for all the terrific people who have supported Doing Freedom! throughout its existence. I'm especially thankful for the writers, whose contributions are invaluable; Carl Bussjaeger, whose editorial hand was sure and steady; and William Theron, our new editor who gallantly stepped up to the helm of this uncompromising, Thought-Police-headache-causing publication.

I am thankful for my job at Free-Market.Net, which enables me to get paid for doing freedom. I am thankful for the ongoing assistance of volunteers who help FMN in many ways without acknowledgement or reward other than that of helping the cause.

I am thankful for the Rational Review News Digest, whose friendly competition makes both our publications better.

I am thankful for all of your efforts on behalf of liberty throughout this year, and into the future, whether I agree with or support them or not.

I am thankful for all the terrific friends, Knights, and Defenders of LRT, whose remarkable abilities to disagree amicably (mostly) and to be cat-herded for an annual conclave every year of the group's existence is surely the greatest sign of hope for the freedom movement yet.

I am thankful for the support and inspiration of friends, through triumphs and challenges, through long work hours and benign neglect, through all the uncertainty, and just plain ol' through it all.

I am most thankful for Wolf pounces, Moose squeezes, Snolf kisses, and the many, myriad, tiny joys of everyday life that add up to a happy and fulfilling life, which I don't acknowledge or enjoy as often as I ought.
Pages: [1]   Go Up