The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Down

Author Topic: Firearms and ammo update  (Read 82633 times)

tex703

Firearms and ammo update
« on: February 09, 2013, 04:54:22 pm »

Hey all, this came from my dad who is big into reloading and he has a buddy in the firearms business.

Status of gun industry. Thought you guys might like to see this

Interesting status report from Valley Guns in West Virginia :

Status of gun industry

Attention F.B. fans: to follow will be several IMPORTANT Info updates
about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an
INVENTORY UPDATE: We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings
concerning the shortages, here's what we were told.

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly
M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the
shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1.
Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get
enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running
30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now Allocated! We are looking at a nation wide
shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are
producing as much ammo as possible w/ of 1 BILLION rounds produced
weekly. Most is military followed by L.E. and civilians are third in
line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of
magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester , CCI & Federal primers are
going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it
could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak
news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned,
we'll keep you posted...

Related commentary from Bob Owens :
They didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from
magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore,
but couldn’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn’t
just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that
were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era
M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every
last shell. Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants—of which every gun store always
seems to have 10-20—were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust free
space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years
was gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because
they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war.

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done
more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. Well done,
Democrats!

Docliberty

Re: Firearms and ammo update
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 05:42:32 pm »

My understanding is that .22s will be scarce for the rest of the year. 

One of my local stores told me that they expect to start getting re-supplied by the end of March.
Doc

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  Marion Morrison

"I do not fear my government.  I fear what my government will cause me to become."   Docliberty

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 09:05:32 am »

Would it be a good idea to find a site that allows back-orders and get your ammo purchases into the queue?

S.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:10:12 am by S. Jester »
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 09:26:47 am »

Would it be a good idea to find a site that allows back-orders and get your ammo purchases into the queue?

S.

Unless you really don't have ANY, I'd think it would be far better to sit back and wait.

Two of the other things might happen:

1. All hell breaks loose and no "backorders" will ever be filled. On the bright side, probably lots of ammo could be found by the side of the road... "liberated," so to speak.

2. The feds blink and back down... freeing up the manufacturer's capacity.

Other than that... who knows what might happen.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 10:26:12 am »

I do have some for the bolt action so I'm not completely empty and I do have quite a bit of .22LR. The thing is, I could get more. But I think things will still be safe enough to wait a few months for the gun/ammo stuffs to sort itself out.

I'll wait.

S.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

Docliberty

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 10:57:40 am »

If I had to guess (and I think that most of us are thinking the same thing) the Fed Gov is using it's resources to make massive military and LE orders to tie up manufacturing capacity and thus keep the ammo out of civilian hands.  If this is the case there will come a stop point either due to lack of funds of lack of storage capacity.

One possible outcome of this could be that BHO's successer would be more reasonable and put the massive surplus on the market.  (I'm not holding my breath)
Doc

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  Marion Morrison

"I do not fear my government.  I fear what my government will cause me to become."   Docliberty

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

casca-503

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:28:01 am »

what makes you think  the emperor would let  there be a mere mortal  secede  him ????  //   

LdMorgan

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 11:41:02 am »

If I had to guess (and I think that most of us are thinking the same thing) the Fed Gov is using it's resources to make massive military and LE orders to tie up manufacturing capacity and thus keep the ammo out of civilian hands.  If this is the case there will come a stop point either due to lack of funds of lack of storage capacity.

One possible outcome of this could be that BHO's successer would be more reasonable and put the massive surplus on the market.  (I'm not holding my breath)

I think the Fed is buying up arms and ammunition not only to keep them out of the hands of the populace, but to use them against the populace, if TSHTF that way.

No stop point will come from lack of money or from lack of storage space. The Feds can wish as much money into existence as they choose, and they are never reluctant to do so. The Feds have unlimited storage space. They could pave the State of Nebraska with underground bunkers if they wanted to. And if storage somehow became a problem they are quite capable of dumping whole shiploads of arms and ammunition directly into the ocean. (And if the little fishies don't like it, they couldn't care less.)

Do not assume so lightly that Barry Soetoro will have a successor. He is even now setting the stage for his third term, by way of a Constitutional Amendment. And, if that little gag doesn't fly, he already has the legal fictions in place to allow him to extend his "term" by six months in perpetuity--free from Congressional intervention.

He intends to become America's first President for Life.

In the absolute very worst case, he'll just tag-team the Oval Office with his wife and they'll take turns every four years until Hell finishes freezing over.

It's 1939 again, and only very few people are on the rooftops shouting out the warning. Exactly as was the case in Germany.

This time, too, the sheeple will do what the sheeple always do: they will bleed when they are butchered.

LdMorgan

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 12:05:51 pm »

For those that want to get some gun goodies, I strongly advise against waiting.

In the first place, it's MUCH better to be six months early than even one day late.

In the second place, at the rate the dollar is being intentionally devalued, prices are only going to go up--and however many dollars you spend then will merely buy that much less than now.

I purchased a firearm a few months ago. Since then the market price has doubled. I wouldn't be able to afford it now.

Hit the gun shows: Buy F2F, pay cash, and get what you need while you still can. Right now there are still people out there who have what they consider an excess of guns/ammunition and an insufficiency of cash.

That could change overnight--so we should help them with both of their problems while we still can.

It will not matter if you are hunting for subsistence or fighting for your freedom: when the shooting starts you don't want to be in a logistical bottleneck.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »

Sure, if you're that far behind the curve. I bought mine long ago. :)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 12:29:38 pm »

I think that will end up a Catch 22 situation. Yeah, you could try to buy all you can at these high prices now and have something but you risk the time later being not much ado about anything and you'll be stuck being broke. Or you can wait to buy stuff risking not having anything at all to fight with or put food on the table.

As for putting food on the table, you'd probably be better off going other routes to procure food. Such as putting up extra seeds, cans of food, getting more traps in, etc.

As for fighting? Well, I myself do have something if I had to fight. If that's the case, I can risk letting the enemies become my suppliers. So there's that.

Really need to consider your options and what you can do now and in the future when you can.

S.

Docliberty

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 01:01:02 pm »

He intends to become America's first President for Life.

From "License to Kill"
Remember, you are only president for life.

There is another perspective on that statement.

NotthatIwouldadvocatedoinganythingilleagel.
Doc

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 01:29:55 pm »

Sure, if you're that far behind the curve. I bought mine long ago. :)

Yep ditto.

HOWEVER ... I do still have space that could be filled with more ammo. I could use another 1000 of each. [IF frn's were plentiful .... sigh]
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 01:38:38 pm »

I saw a single news item of the Consumer Protection Agency doing research into retirement fund fraud.........  If they are thinking of a new point of revenue and start confiscating "Fraudulent" IRA's and 401K's............  The thing is I only found the one item, and my search skills haven't found anything but the usual crime articles that the take over govt goons are possibly using as "Cause for concern".

Now if the IRA and 401k I have built up over my working years is indeed at risk, ammo and gun caches start looking mighty attractive and I will have suddenly found a new retirement occupation..........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:14 pm »

HOWEVER ... I do still have space that could be filled with more ammo. I could use another 1000 of each. [IF frn's were plentiful ....

Of course... there's no such thing as "too much" ammo. You can reach "adequate" eventually with a great deal of effort... but definitely never "too much."

And some people would simply die of fright if they knew what I consider "adequate."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 39   Go Up