The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McAllen Texas student files Federal Lawsuit  (Read 1244 times)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
McAllen Texas student files Federal Lawsuit
« on: March 08, 2013, 09:48:30 pm »

"American Student Punished for Refusing to Recite Mexican Pledge"

Link Here

By Todd Starnes

"A Texas high school student has filed a federal lawsuit against her school and her teachers after she was punished for refusing to salute and recite the Mexican pledge of allegiance.

The Thomas More Law Center filed the suit on behalf of Brenda Brinsdon alleging the McAllen Independent School District violated the 15-year-old girl’s constitutional rights when she was forced to recite the Mexican pledge and sing the Mexican national anthem.

Click here to read the lawsuit.

Brinsdon, who is the daughter of a Mexican immigrant and an American father, refused. She believed it was un-American to pledge a loyalty oath to another country."

I was flabbergasted when I read this.  Read the whole article. In it we learn that the teacher was making her students use the Nazi salute form and reciting the Mexican Pledge of Allegiance.
On top of that the school has a rule against reciting the US Pledge of Allegiance.

Why have any pledge at all?  Your tax dollars at work molding little fascist minds daily.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
Re: McAllen Texas student files Federal Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 01:15:47 pm »

She believed it was un-American to pledge a loyalty oath to another country."

I believe it is un-American to recite the one used in the US today.
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government — and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. — EDWARD ABBEY
Pages: [1]   Go Up