The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Silver Thoughts For The Beginner  (Read 9847 times)

DiabloLoco

Silver Thoughts For The Beginner
« on: May 01, 2013, 09:03:10 pm »

A nice article on SB right now. Good info for newbs to coin collecting. If you think that you can get past the Bible quotes, it's well worth the read.

Silver Thoughts For The Beginner

http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/05/silver-thoughts-for-the-beginner-by-jay-in-missouri.html

The first resource I check is one called Coinflation. It is an easy-to-read site which strictly talks coin values.

The next web site falls in the category of 'read up, student'. It is Zero Hedge. The comments section can be quite coarse and rough in language, but the owner (Tyler Durden, an obvious nom de plume) will publish stories and guest posts with a bent to telling the truth. They speak heavily of the markets. Go, read, and educate yourself.

The third recommendation I make is for you to find the web site of your local coin shop – The ones who do a lot of business will also have an up-to-date price list. This comes handy to see what they are charging over spot, if they have a lag to the current market, and what their inventory is; saving you gas money before you drive over there.

My next web site recommendation is to point you to a forum for numismatists (in simple terms, numismatists are folks who collect coins.) If you get into the collectible aspect of things (called numismatics), you will want to know more about grades, dates, mint marks, fakes, if one cleans a coin versus not cleaning it, coins in holders (called 'slabbed') or coins loose (called 'raw').

The final recommendation I will make is for you to buy yourself a Red Book. This spiral bound yearly publication talks about history, rarity, collectibility, and mintages of coins. Start with a section you are interested in (say Morgan dollars) and read it. Mark the interesting bits. Refer back to it. If you are truly abstemious in spending any money on printed materials (my father comes to mind here), or simply want to start this on the cheap, Whitman has a web site with an electronic edition.

Modified to scale back the quoted material due to copyright issues....I guess :laugh: I only quoted about 1/3 of the article. I thought that it was cool......Apparently not. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 03:34:15 pm by DiabloLoco »

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Re: Silver Thoughts For The Beginner
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 10:24:18 pm »

I put some diverse puzzle pieces together regarding the manipulated low in silver and much more in my article at my new website: most recent false flag.  I tied together a number of diverse, well-documented events and actions that serve those who would rule all of us.

Bottom line: if you can buy silver for $10 over spot, DO IT.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

DiabloLoco

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 06:25:10 pm »

I put some diverse puzzle pieces together regarding the manipulated low in silver and much more in my article at my new website: most recent false flag.  I tied together a number of diverse, well-documented events and actions that serve those who would rule all of us.

I read it. All that I can say is..... :thumbsup:

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 06:54:26 am »

That just doesn't make any sense to me at all. What's the $10. for? What in the world is the use of the "spot" if that's not the price? This whole PM thing seems just plain nuts to me.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2013, 07:23:32 am »

Do you expect to pay the same price per pound for a single pound of rice as you would for a ton? The spot price is the ton price. There's a premium for manufacturing one ounce rounds and selling them in small quantities.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2013, 12:00:59 pm »

Do you expect to pay the same price per pound for a single pound of rice as you would for a ton? The spot price is the ton price. There's a premium for manufacturing one ounce rounds and selling them in small quantities.

Ok, but the one and five/ten pound bags of rice are not priced that way either.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 03:47:48 pm »

Ok, but the one and five/ten pound bags of rice are not priced that way either.
ML, I think that Silver (TMM member, not the metal :laugh:) is the best equipped to field your questions about PM's and the PM markets. Quite a few of us here have a firm grasp on the whole thing, but Silver has an uncanny ability to explain things in a way that is easy to understand. I'm getting better at it, but I'm no Silver. :dontknow:

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2013, 05:21:23 pm »

Thanks, DL... and I have discussed this with "Silver" a few time. It's a bit like trying to talk about guns with someone who will ONLY consider a GLOCK as a "real gun."  Sort of limiting...

Anyway, I do understand that the "spot" price is like the international commodity market "stock exchange" price. Yes, that is a starting point for the price of a lot of things.  And it might be a very good place to start in deciding what a good price is for a lot of things as well.

The point is that I don't need to keep track of the daily commodity/stock market price of beans or rice (which change constantly too)... The price I see on the shelf for the one or ten pound package is the "PRICE," and I can take it or leave it. Obviously, that shelf price reflects a lot of other things besides the stock market price.. like shipping, taxes, profit, overhead, location, scarcity from drought or flood... a million other things.

The point is that I can't hope to understand or remember ALL of those variables. I can remember what I paid last time I bought it, and I can reflect on what my sister paid for a similar item in another state, but I'd go nuts trying to figure it out from scratch for everything I purchased in a week.  What is the "spot" price of coffee or potatoes, and how do you figure what the retail price should be absent the tag on the shelf? We can bitch about the price... but the price is pretty much the price, no matter what.

Why is silver different? How do you know/determine what the "over spot" cost is/should be? How do you know it reflects real market values? What makes "$10. over spot" such a terrific deal? How can you tell?

DiabloLoco

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2013, 06:06:20 pm »

Why is silver different? How do you know/determine what the "over spot" cost is/should be? How do you know it reflects real market values? What makes "$10. over spot" such a terrific deal? How can you tell?
Silver is different because it is a PM. SILVER/GOLD IS MONEY, no matter what Bernanke has to say on the subject. Coffee, rice, beans...etc...etc...are NOT money. That is the difference. PM markets are vastly manipulated by TPTB. They do this to retain their grip on currency. So.....When SMS stated that even at $10 over the spot price is still a bargain, he was actually commenting on the widening gap between what people are willing to pay for actual physical silver compared to what TPTB says that the price should be. Really, it all comes down to TPTB's control over the monetary system.

I'll conclude with a few quotes. The first one is from guess who? The Red Shield, of course!

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws." -Amschel Rothchilds

"All the perplexities, confusions, and distresses in America arise, not from defects in the Constitution or confederation, not from want of honor or virtue, as much as from downright ignorance of the nature of coin, credit, and circulation." - John Quincy Adams

"Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin. Bankers own the Earth. Take it away from them but leave them the power to create money, and, with the flick of a pen, they will create enough money to buy it back again. Take this great power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear and they ought to disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. But, if you want to continue to be the slave of the bankers and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let the bankers continue to create money and control credit." - Sir Josiah Stamp, President, Bank of England (2nd richest man in England)

"Every circulating Federal Reserve Note represents in actuality a one dollar debt to the Federal Reserve system." - Money Facts, House Banking and Currency Committee

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison

"I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world… no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." - Woodrow Wilson

"If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched." - George H.W. Bush to White House reporter Sarah McClendon, 1992

"The drive of the Rockefellers and their allies is to create a one-world government, all under their control. Do I mean conspiracy? Yes I do. I am convinced there is such a plot, international in scope, generations old in planning, and incredibly evil in intent." - Congressman Larry P. McDonald, 1976

"The entire banking movement, at all crucial stages, was centralized in the hands of a few men who for years were linked, ideologically and personally, with one another." - Gabriel Kolko

I have many more quotes if you are interested. :threvil:

scorpio

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2013, 08:43:47 pm »

The way I see it there are two silver markets now. You have the spot price which is paper lease trading, and physical price. I believe TPTB have been using the paper lease price to control the physical price even though they are different. It will be interesting to see what they do to regain the physical price again (it may not happen).

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2013, 06:43:11 am »

The way I see it there are two silver markets now. You have the spot price which is paper lease trading, and physical price. I believe TPTB have been using the paper lease price to control the physical price even though they are different. It will be interesting to see what they do to regain the physical price again (it may not happen).

Ok, that may answer the question as well as anything.

DL, I understand and agree with all you quoted... but it is NOT the answer to the question. sigh

The problem there is pretty much the same as for all the other political insanity. It is the MONOPOLY of power to create "money" that has been granted to the controllers, just as with all the other "authority" ordinary people have given them over their lives.

The cure for all of it is the recognition of self ownership, self government. When people withdraw consent, when they finally realize that all true "authority" over their lives and property rests in themselves alone... then a monopoly on printing "money" will vanish.

The elimination of all the bankers in the world wouldn't help a bit. More would rise from the ashes to take their places because people have the foolish idea that they are right and necessary, just like politicians.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2013, 07:53:24 am »

Ok, that may answer the question as well as anything.

DL, I understand and agree with all you quoted... but it is NOT the answer to the question. sigh

The problem there is pretty much the same as for all the other political insanity. It is the MONOPOLY of power to create "money" that has been granted to the controllers, just as with all the other "authority" ordinary people have given them over their lives.

The cure for all of it is the recognition of self ownership, self government. When people withdraw consent, when they finally realize that all true "authority" over their lives and property rests in themselves alone... then a monopoly on printing "money" will vanish.

The elimination of all the bankers in the world wouldn't help a bit. More would rise from the ashes to take their places because people have the foolish idea that they are right and necessary, just like politicians.
I agree with your "cure". Where we differ is what we see as the root of the problem. You see government as the root, and I see the people that control the government as the root. Make no mistake, the international banking cartels ARE the puppeteers. They control the money, they control (own) the media, and they control the politicians.

scorpio

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2013, 08:18:40 am »

I also think TPTB are trying to push the price of physical silver down and the fact that the price split was not in their plan. Lets face it, people who bought paper silver are going to want the higher price of physical. Hopefully the Bankers who put this scheme together have reached the end. It's got to scare the hell out of people in gold also.
   The cure is to punish those who cause direct pain and suffering to others, especially if they use government to help. Lets face it, you can't be a billionaire without government regulations holding back your competition.
   All this to drive investors into the equities market. Envy and Greed drives these people.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2013, 08:50:08 am »

You see government as the root, and I see the people that control the government as the root.

I'm really curious how in the world you could come to this conclusion with what I clearly wrote above. The ONLY cure is for the people to accept personal ownership and responsibility for their lives. I've been saying that for about 40 years now... 

The "root" of the problem is that people have given the natural and rightful sovereign individual AUTHORITY over themselves to others... be it churches, kings or any other controller type. Some of those controllers are called "government" in one form or another. They are the RESULT of the abdication of individual sovereignty and authority.  As happens, however, the controllers see that quite clearly and do everything in their power to maintain the scam... to keep those individuals from recognizing or taking back that sovereign authority.

So we have a chicken and egg problem. There is much to blame on "government," of whatever form, but the abdication of individual authority and responsibility is the basic problem. Without that, no non-voluntary government or "puppeteer bankers" could exist.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 10:37:25 am »

The "root" of the problem is that people have given the natural and rightful sovereign individual AUTHORITY over themselves to others... be it churches, kings or any other controller type. Some of those controllers are called "government" in one form or another. They are the RESULT of the abdication of individual sovereignty and authority.  As happens, however, the controllers see that quite clearly and do everything in their power to maintain the scam... to keep those individuals from recognizing or taking back that sovereign authority.

So we have a chicken and egg problem. There is much to blame on "government," of whatever form, but the abdication of individual authority and responsibility is the basic problem. Without that, no non-voluntary government or "puppeteer bankers" could exist.
All of us that have a strong enough personality to actually live our lives that way are but a single drop in a vast ocean. We really make no damn bit of difference. Something needs to happen. Some MAJOR event. Something so undeniably obvious that a massive amount of people realize that they have no control over their own lives, and that they would like to get it back. I have no idea what that event may be, but until such an event occurs, there is nothing that we can do that would make any kind of impact. And that's the hard truth.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up