The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Down

Author Topic: Gun Shows  (Read 231246 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Gun Shows
« Reply #180 on: December 05, 2012, 07:16:04 am »

I understand why so many weapons have the "Full table cable" on them.........

Yeah, I "understand" it, but I won't even try to handle guns all tangled in metal spaghetti that way.  I won't buy from a dealer in any case, so the lack of private sale guns and stuff seriously limits my interest in the whole shebang.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

StillaGhost

« Reply #181 on: December 05, 2012, 11:09:20 am »

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:11:21 pm by StillaGhost »

Mountain Prepper

• Observation, logic, communication, and acceptance is the only rational path.
  • Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #182 on: December 05, 2012, 12:16:21 pm »

Is it just here or are "gun shows" getting more and more like common flea markets? The last one I went to in Gillette was a farce. Almost no guns at all, just a bunch of junk and various things like honey, jewelry and "art" stuff. One whole section was given to cosmetics and junk like Tupperware, for pity sake. Even so, the room was half empty and there were very few people there. I didn't see much going out the door either. Not sure I'll bother driving the 80 miles - one way - to get there next time. sigh

The disintegration of the gun shows is nation wide, and simply a reflection of the changes in the market.

Several things have changed:

GunBroker (looking for "just the right gun" nationwide you can find it from rare to "stocking stuffer")

General Internet Sales - this is changing the local dealers also

The sad encroachment of "political correctness" at the gun shows, this has removed some of the "entertainment value" for many

Changes in the laws, making face to face difficult or not even worth the admission price

Squeezing the dealers, many shows have become restrictive on content (political correctness) and excessively expensive for table space, shows like the Houston GCC show (very big), for example, have consolidated the vendors and customers, why spend that money at a small show when a big show with many customers cost the same...

The slow change in the firearms market, and the last one, gun owners themselves and the lack of proportional growth in interest in firearms in the general public...
The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained apes owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever “fixed” because “normal” is both mediocre and cowardly.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #183 on: December 05, 2012, 01:05:50 pm »

I'd agree with all but the last one, MP... seems to me the interest is growing nicely. At least it is here out west.

The fact is that fewer and fewer of us are willing to SELL guns privately, which necessarily drys up the supply. I've had more offers than I can count for the .45, but will hang onto it as long as I can. Almost everyone I know feels the same way. We BUY guns... not sell them, and most of us won't buy from a dealer anywhere, at any price.

Mountain Prepper

• Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #184 on: December 05, 2012, 04:27:05 pm »

I'd agree with all but the last one, MP... seems to me the interest is growing nicely. At least it is here out west.

The fact is that fewer and fewer of us are willing to SELL guns privately, which necessarily drys up the supply. I've had more offers than I can count for the .45, but will hang onto it as long as I can. Almost everyone I know feels the same way. We BUY guns... not sell them, and most of us won't buy from a dealer anywhere, at any price.

If you live in the south or the west the last one may not apply, as you well noted.

In the more statist areas there is a change brewing from the younger (and likely more indoctrinated) it seems to be polarizing with a "Ron Paul" youth (only using that RP label to denote a faction) and the "cowboy" culture vs. "hipsters" and man-ginas.
The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained apes owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever “fixed” because “normal” is both mediocre and cowardly.

knobster

• Moderator Group
  • Come and take!
« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2012, 08:14:31 am »

There is one near me this coming weekend that I'm going to check out.  If the recent crowds at the local gun shops are any indication, I imagine it will be packed.  Will be on the lookout for reloading supplies (brass in particular).
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Mountain Prepper

• Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2012, 01:22:55 pm »

There is one near me this coming weekend that I'm going to check out.  If the recent crowds at the local gun shops are any indication, I imagine it will be packed.  Will be on the lookout for reloading supplies (brass in particular).

Currently in Colorado the Governor has deliberately blocked off the instant check and it is now not working and two weeks behind... gun control mangina asshole.

Gun shows are, at least in Colorado shut down for firearms.

knobster

• Moderator Group
  • Come and take!
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »

Currently in Colorado the Governor has deliberately blocked off the instant check and it is now not working and two weeks behind... gun control mangina asshole.

:angry4: :angry4:

Mountain Prepper

• Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2012, 07:34:58 pm »

:angry4: :angry4:

I agree, John Hickenlooper, a Democrat is a perfect example of why we hate the pussy manginas from that rotten piss-hole the "People's Republic of Denver" John Hickenlooper has in effect created a state-wide gun ban by deliberately locking-up the background check.

Several gun shops are now making a weekly run into neighboring states to friendly gun dealers to make the transfers out of state - just to not have sales lock up so bad.

My local shop had over 20 customers go all the way into Texas to buy rifles!

And it is in the middle of hunting season!

Fuck John Hickenlooper!

MeyerLemon

« Reply #189 on: January 27, 2013, 12:52:05 am »

We did the morning rounds at the "Crossroads of the West" show in Costa Mesa this morning. What a line!! But we got in pretty quickly, did a quick tour of the floor (we were on a mission....a mission to find a complete AR in 5.56!)

We found two, in fact, both at around $2000. Nice, Smith & Wesson M&P, 5.56, gas, telescoping stock, rails, everything I wanted. I fully knew this was really like an $800 rifle, but when you want it, you want it...so we took another lap to make sure there wasn't anything else, and there were some kits that people had put together, and lots of uppers and lowers, but that, for me, will be a project for another day.

So we filled out our papers and my new SW MP 15 5.56 will be mine in 10 days! I know I way overpaid, but better to have it and not need it and need it and not have it.....and not be able to get it!

Next on my list is the Sig 239. Lots of shops are sold out but will be getting more, so I'll be playing chase the sig for a while.

It was crowded, but I noticed everyone was really polite even in close quarters. Even better? None of the "girl=ignore" reactions I usually get when I walk into a gun shop. They were happy to help me! And acted like I'm not dumb!

I decided to stop at one of the local shops to pick up the sig 239 today, and they had it in the case, and I stood staring at it for a good 5 minutes before I tapped an employee politely and said "after you finish with that customer, could you please help me with the pistols?" He said 'sure' but I never saw him again so out I went. Someone else will have a 239 for me tomorrow, I'm sure. That is a very frustrating experience.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #190 on: January 27, 2013, 05:50:28 am »

Just curious... did you find any ammo? Hope you have some. :) That's going to be the real bottleneck for new shooters.

knobster

• Moderator Group
  • Come and take!
« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2013, 08:34:26 am »

It was crowded, but I noticed everyone was really polite even in close quarters. Even better? None of the "girl=ignore" reactions I usually get when I walk into a gun shop. They were happy to help me! And acted like I'm not dumb!

I decided to stop at one of the local shops to pick up the sig 239 today, and they had it in the case, and I stood staring at it for a good 5 minutes before I tapped an employee politely and said "after you finish with that customer, could you please help me with the pistols?" He said 'sure' but I never saw him again so out I went. Someone else will have a 239 for me tomorrow, I'm sure. That is a very frustrating experience.

Pssh... morons.  Personally, I think there is nothing sexier than a woman handling weaponry.  I was showing my wife the Mosin-Nagant I purchased last year and had her heft the weight.  I then mentioned how sexy she looked holding it.  She rolled her eyes and handed it back.   :rolleyes:

MeyerLemon

« Reply #192 on: January 29, 2013, 01:25:38 am »

Just curious... did you find any ammo? Hope you have some. :) That's going to be the real bottleneck for new shooters.

We didn't get any there, but went over to our local gun shop that just got a bunch of the 5.56 in and bought a few boxes. I have a connection at a factory somewhere and apparently we're going on a field trip to buy in bulk soon!

MeyerLemon

« Reply #193 on: January 29, 2013, 01:31:25 am »

Pssh... morons.  Personally, I think there is nothing sexier than a woman handling weaponry.  I was showing my wife the Mosin-Nagant I purchased last year and had her heft the weight.  I then mentioned how sexy she looked holding it.  She rolled her eyes and handed it back.   :rolleyes:

It's frustrating, for sure. I have two shops that I use that are really great, and the range I shoot at has great employees, but at most shops I'm invisible. Too bad for them, especially when I have gun $$ to burn. Hello? Newbie wants an arsenal? She's been training on rentals for months now and wants her own, thanks!

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #194 on: January 29, 2013, 08:47:50 pm »

We didn't get any there, but went over to our local gun shop that just got a bunch of the 5.56 in and bought a few boxes. I have a connection at a factory somewhere and apparently we're going on a field trip to buy in bulk soon!

I don't know who the "other" is in the "we" but ask if it Might be possible to do a group buy?
I don't really want or need 5.56 or .223 but future trading stock, coin of the realm, et cetera, et cetera.
IF it looks possible maybe you could start a new thread for those interested?

stay safe,

g
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25   Go Up