The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: What will the Oath-Keepers do?  (Read 5083 times)

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
Re: What will the Oath-Keepers do?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 02:12:32 pm »

P.S. I saw that performance by Judge Napolitano.  His speech and his response to questions after impressed me a lot more than his Fox TV show.  An interesting lesson/reminder of how the medium distorts the message.

Also, don't forget that the medium isn't just the thing that distorts a message.  Sometimes, when uttering things on a censored medium, we have to alter our message slightly to get it past the censors.

Example.  We all agree that "the man" is one evil, tyrannical bastard.  But saying "f**k the man!" on here will post.  Saying that on Fox or somewhere censored, is hamstringing your efforts to use that medium successfully... it'll be terribly hard to get on again if you do that, even if you produce astounding ratings with your article for that one time.  You either get black bagged, or black mailed or half your message gets black holed or cut by the censors.  Pretty standard MO for "the man."  (Lots of black * in that sentence, eh?  Typical of the black hats, though.)

Well either way, you're right though, figured I'd add a tidbit.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: What will the Oath-Keepers do?
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2013, 03:03:36 pm »

Keep on passing the word around like they have always done.  It is up to individuals to use the information in ways they see fit.........

So many posts for such a simple concept.

Yep. True enough Rarick.
Still ... with each iteration another little piece of the truth [being shared] falls loose to be scooped up by those who can hear and understand.

One of the things I marveled at when I was teaching sailing was that IF I repeated the same information using different words and images a different portion of the class would "light up" and finally "get it".

I didn't know I was even doing it until one of my students [a psychiatrist in fact] pointed it out to me. His statement to me was that he thought I was a "gifted" teacher because I could rephrase the information into several images/concepts/word diagrams and therefore reach a wider audience rather than attempt to force the students to only have One Image to attempt to learn.

[One of my few moments of personal accomplishment/gratification btw
I really loved teaching sailing ... sigh]

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up