The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: challenging open minds & treasured mythologies  (Read 3024 times)

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
challenging open minds & treasured mythologies
« on: September 11, 2013, 09:52:51 am »

I know 12 years of this discussion has made it old and firmly entrenched opinions on both sides.

I challenge each of you to read one essay and watch one of the numerous videos it links to.

http://www.bitterrootbugle.com/2013/09/11/happy-anniversary/

excerpt from the essay:

"...
Does it really matter any more?

What point is there to knowing what happened a dozen years ago today?

Well, it was the event used to justify every bit of the USA’s war on Iraq, Afghanistan, Lybia, Pakistan, Cyria and who knows where else. Hundreds of thousands of people have died because of 9/11.
Trillions of dollars are spent EVERY YEAR …
for a dozen years…
with no end in sight…
and escalation at our doorstep.

It was the reason we had to give up the right to free speech, the right to assembly, the right to be secure in our persons and property, the right to travel and so much of what we thought was our free country twelve years ago.

Do we even remember what this country looked like before TSA and Homeland Security? Before the police had and used military equipment? Heck, before our domestic police used words like “deploy” and “civilians”?

Whodda thunk we’d ever allow, let alone sponsor unmanned military bombers flown by kids in Nevada bunkers using joysticks and video screens to kill men, women and children in Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq, Yemen, Pakistan and other places? … and as we speak, overfly our own FREE COUNTRY?

But The War On Terror inspired these killings
and continues to do so every day
with no end in sight.

What inspired The War On Terror?

There is an incredibly diverse number of organizations that are dedicated to uncovering the truth of that fateful day. Each specialty recognizing glaring holes in the official story from their expert perspective.
...."
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: challenging open minds & treasured mythologies
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2013, 10:32:28 am »

The thing few mention, I think... is that EVEN IF the "official story" was accurate down to the last dust particle... none of it could in any way legitimately justify what has been done since. None of it.

So no, the truth about what happened is far less important than the truth about the illegitimate and vastly destructive tyranny going on right this minute.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

mouse

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:03:20 pm »

Again from an outsider's point of view I see it as an unspeakable evil every time I hear the loss of freedom or the oppression of people "justified" by someone saying "after 9.11 .... "  The fact that "9.11" was so obviously a major lie and fooled so many people and the entire "official story" is so incredibly absurd, makes it so insulting that people all over the world have to accept this rubbish.  It is like being forced to pay into a fund to stop the "man in the moon" invading Earth, and then watching the bunch of people who made up the story about the "man in the moon" living a lavish lifestyle on the money and laughing about it and muttering how stupid people are, to buy into it.

It is vital now to teach our children how preposterous the "official story of 9.11" really is or there will be an entire generation of people who really think "America was attacked by Iraq (was Saddam Hussein flying one of the planes?) on 9.11", and the knowledge that even those FALSELY accused of "flying planes into the twin towers on 9.11" were Saudis and two thirds of them were found "alive and well" years after the incident, will be lost.

I don't want to read of another silly documentary about "planes being flown into the twin towers on 9.11" again and I don't want to hear some silly journalist say "the war on terror was started after 9.11", again.

When people generally realise that they were badly tricked and the PATRIOT Act was "on the table" well before "9.11" as were plans for the "war on terror", the "TSA" and all sorts of other horrible measures that are totally unnecessary, we just might see a backlash against all that, removal and accountability.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 11:41:12 pm »

The thing few mention, I think... is that EVEN IF the "official story" was accurate down to the last dust particle... none of it could in any way legitimately justify what has been done since. None of it.

So no, the truth about what happened is far less important than the truth about the illegitimate and vastly destructive tyranny going on right this minute.

:nailonhead:
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:39:12 am »

:deadhorse: I have always had the opinion that the event was the tool, regardless of the source, that was used to get ^here^ and very much agree with Socal, and his dog spot......
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 01:04:45 pm »

YEP.
Seconded and well said ML.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2013, 09:44:58 pm »

All well and good for you, me and those who already understand that evil forces have commandeered the government of the USofA.

But what of the sheep grazing on the grass of ignorance?

Is not the fact that Building 7 had NO REASON TO FALL that day other than planned demolition a significant IN to inspire them to question their ruling elite?

Can't you visualize the deaf-dumb-blind fantasy-land dweller if they actually discover irrefutable evidence of high-level complicity in the WTC downfall?
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

mouse

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2013, 11:07:13 pm »

All well and good for you, me and those who already understand that evil forces have commandeered the government of the USofA.

But what of the sheep grazing on the grass of ignorance?

Is not the fact that Building 7 had NO REASON TO FALL that day other than planned demolition a significant IN to inspire them to question their ruling elite?

Can't you visualize the deaf-dumb-blind fantasy-land dweller if they actually discover irrefutable evidence of high-level complicity in the WTC downfall?

It's amazing how many sheeple will swear "black is white" that Building 7 DID NOT FALL!  I have even heard "there was never any such thing as building 7, it and the alleged collapse were made up by conspiracy theorists".

As for the "fantasy land dweller discovering irrefutable evidence ...".  There is already AMPLE IRREFUTABLE EVIDENCE out there, they just need to look.  (Surely there cannot be many people who can genuinely claim that they haven't heard of the "thermite found in the dust").  So I think it is a case of sheeple "blocking their ears and singing" - or like one American said to me recently - "there is a lot that government knows about this still that they cannot let the public know, it would endanger the safety of the people to do so".

Still, just like my sister said to me the day after "9.11":  "You know how we were taught at school that the Reichstag fire was set by the Nazis, and the teacher always giggled about it?  Well, I think in 30 years kids at school will be taught the truth about '9.11'".

I still think it is vital that we teach our children the truth, it cannot be justified in any way, or overlooked by history.  At work we were discussing the bombing of the Greenpeace ship the Rainbow Warrior in 1985 in one of our harbours, by agents of the French government.  I said that the bombing of a ship in our harbour and killing someone, by a foreign power was an ACT OF WAR.  A workmate tried to trivialise this by saying "but it was only an act of war on Greenpeace and they are annoying, they solicit money in shopping malls and ram boats and are aggressive".  I can't believe that she thought that that justified everything.  I realised that I was up against a closed mind and dropped the subject like I do with '9.11' these days when I come across the same sort of attitude.

Edited to add punctuation.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:10:44 pm by mouse »

Speaker

• The United States House of Repeals
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »

I hold with Mouse in her latest post, above.

I am also reminded of the useful education to be had on the "True Believer" mentality in Eric Hoffer's book of the same name, George Orwell's 1984 and the entries on NewSpeak at Wikipedia.

Those "sheeple" are not sheep. They are fanatical wolves, and should be treated as such.

Please see < http://www.amazon.com/True-Believer-Movements-Perennial-ebook/dp/B003TO5838/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379793516&sr=1-1&keywords=true+believer+hoffer> and < http://www.amazon.com/Nineteen-eighty-four-ebook/dp/B004EEP7JW/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1379794254&sr=1-1&keywords=1984 >.

Speaker
"As much as 'sunshine soldiers' or 'summer patriots', beware an ally 'more common than you know' whose fear of the uncertainties of success moves him to surrender at the very moment of victory."

"Go straight to the heart of the enemy's greatest strength. Break that and you break him. You can always mop up the flanks and stragglers later, and they may even surrender, saving you a lot of effort."

L. Neil Smith
http://ncc-1776.org/tle2011/tle605-20110130-03.html

5GW
Pages: [1]   Go Up