The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Group gathering signatures in an attempt to ban gold & silver  (Read 2798 times)

gunslinger598

Group gathering signatures in an attempt to ban gold & silver
« on: September 18, 2013, 03:31:26 pm »

Yesterday, I ran across a story about  a group of nuts gathering signatures  to  ban private ownership of  gold & silver. I had intended to  post it  but  can't recall  where I ran across it.

Has anyone else heard of them they were based out of San Diego.

Not that I have much of either, it's about like my lead, I do not  plan to give it up except  at high velocity.

Mr. Bill

Re: Group gathering signatures in an attempt to ban gold & silver
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »

Yup, but it was a prank to see if people would sign a petition for something so outrageous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NCitCRi7DA

gunslinger598

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »

^_^

Watched the video,

Wonder how many would have handed their gold over on the spot?

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 05:48:57 pm »

Penn and Teller once got a bunch of tourists in DC to sign a petition to ban hydrogen dioxide.  Everything the people gathering the signatures told them was true.  It's in the rain, the oceans, rivers...  Thousands of people die every year from inhaling it, etc.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 06:27:58 pm »

Penn and Teller once got a bunch of tourists in DC to sign a petition to ban hydrogen dioxide.  Everything the people gathering the signatures told them was true.  It's in the rain, the oceans, rivers...  Thousands of people die every year from inhaling it, etc.

Highly unsurprising.  I scared the shit out of some folks once when we discussed "fat free wheat cereal, if it says fat free in the corner it must be artificial!"  And the usual "sodium chloride?"... "potassium chloride??"... "cyanocobalamin (b vitamin)" ??  chloride's are chlorine, they're trying to poison people!!!   Cyano... cyanide, egads!!!!

Its funny to be better read than most.  There's always benzene (which is actually a hydrocarbon... carcinogen and all.)
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 03:19:13 pm »

Yup, but it was a prank to see if people would sign a petition for something so outrageous.

Here's his other videos of banning BoR and other basic rights. It was a hoot at first until I finally got sick of the idiocy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDice?feature=watch
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

• Given up.
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2016, 07:21:31 pm »

Here's his other videos of banning BoR and other basic rights. It was a hoot at first until I finally got sick of the idiocy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MarkDice?feature=watch

Yeah, it is utterly TERRIBLE to realize your fellow humans are largely gullible, emotional thinking.... idiots (for lack of a better word.)  Welcome to our exclusive "not idiot" club.  Gets bigger every day, but we'll never grow at the rate of the idiots, who make up "at least" the 0-50 percentile and plenty of the over 50 are fairly stupid too.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2016, 11:42:57 pm »

I thought it could be possible to create a libertarian society in my lifetime. Then I figured out that humans are primarily herd animals and most actually WANT to be haltered and led.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2016, 06:54:54 am »

Yeah, it is utterly TERRIBLE to realize your fellow humans are largely gullible, emotional thinking.... idiots (for lack of a better word.)  Welcome to our exclusive "not idiot" club.  Gets bigger every day, but we'll never grow at the rate of the idiots, who make up "at least" the 0-50 percentile and plenty of the over 50 are fairly stupid too.

We are living in Idiocracy.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2016, 03:23:09 pm »

We are living in Idiocracy.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2016, 03:29:04 pm »

Welcome to our exclusive "not idiot" club.

For what it's worth, Hangman passed away a couple of years ago...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

• Given up.
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 12:42:18 am »

I thought it could be possible to create a libertarian society in my lifetime. Then I figured out that humans are primarily herd animals and most actually WANT to be haltered and led.

Well, humans WERE PACK HUNTERS you know, before God invented the world and before evolution didn't exist (which still all was made by God after the sumerians invented glue.)

And so, the pack hunting humans were smart, dangerous, and easily the physical equals of our strongest and mental equals of our smartest.  It happens when you have to stay alive and the dominant trope in your world is "Everything Trying To Kill You."  Another dominant set of tropes would be Had To Be Sharp and Had To Be Strong which our hunter-killer ancestors did.  Our agrarian ancestors had to master two things, hard work and obedience so the semi hunter-killer bandit kings of old didn't murder them outright.  Obedience and hard work do NOT require intelligence of any serious degree, in fact, they discourage it, since truly intelligent people will either try to become the rulers or object severely (and often violently) to oppression.  The even more intelligent (of which I'm no longer convinced I'm a member) will realize that they should be in charge and find ways to weasel their way into power, and usurp the bandit kings.  As we can all observe, this has already happened, since the modern bandit kings are not kings anymore, but merely cops and tax collectors of various sorts.

What we have today is an agrarian abomination.  It allowed us to spread like the plague, but it also reduced us to complete weaklings, incapable, for the most part, to even observe what is going on around us.  We are so well bred for obedience that the near total majority barely observes the hypocrisy of the various political systems they're taught.  Granted, the gilded cage is comfortable, but it looks as though the bandit kings will steal even the paint on the cage... which, as we all can realize, and they should too, is stupid, since the captives will then realize what's been going on when they realize it isn't a fancy victorian palace but a cage... interesting times indeed, I wager.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 05:27:52 am »

Now that was funny DL!

^_^ :laugh: :sign10:
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up