The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fireworks: A Gunsite Anthology  (Read 1507 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Fireworks: A Gunsite Anthology
« on: October 19, 2013, 07:33:30 pm »

Don't let the Gunsite name fool you. This is about Jeff Cooper's experiences mainly with guns, combat and hunting. If you're a fan of the man, you'll probably like to get this book. You won't miss anything if you don't get the book but it does have some pretty good stories to tell.

http://www.amazon.com/Fireworks-Gunsite-Anthology-Jeff-Cooper/dp/0873649966/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382229009&sr=1-1&keywords=Jeff+Cooper%27s+Fireworks

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

heyoka

• flunked out of Freedom University
Re: Fireworks: A Gunsite Anthology
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 08:58:40 am »

I'm a 2x Gunsite graduate. I was, and am a student of the Col.
We lost a preeminent philosopher of our time when he passed.
Some recent stuff here made me think of something I heard him say (firsthand):
"We can't afford to let anyone fall off the sleigh."

another quote, just for the heck of it:
"Probably it does not matter, but 'terror' is an unsatisfactory adversary, since it is a mental condition rather than a tangible foe. You cannot fight against "terror," since you cannot shoot it or sink it in the sea. In addition, terror is an undignified emotion. Young men should be conditioned to rise above fear at the earliest possible age, and to the extent that this happens, they cannot be terrorized. Nobody likes to look right into the cannon's mouth, but he need not squeal about it. George Patton had some very good things to say on this subject. Nobody is immune from fear, but nobody should let fear affect his conduct."
   Jeff Cooper
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. - Groucho Marx
Pages: [1]   Go Up