The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Survivors  (Read 2501 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Survivors
« on: October 19, 2013, 08:20:10 pm »

The "sequel" to Patriots. Involves various characters dealing with the collapse of the America economy. One of the main Character, Andrew Laine, a U.S. Army Officer stationed in Afghanistan at the start of the collapse. As well as some based in Arizona and in Tennessee dealing with their various situations.

http://www.amazon.com/Survivors-Collapse-James-Wesley-Rawles/dp/1439172811/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382231472&sr=1-1&keywords=Survivors+rawles

Laine makes his way home to his brother and fiance in Arizona by way of southern Mexico. How? I won't say for fear of giving too much away, nor how he gets home from there. But I don't think I'm giving away too much by saying that I felt really bad for the horse when he didn't want to leave the cool water. Poor horsie, having to lug that two dimensional character.

The book is pretty flat to me, but one of the reasons I kept reading was for the tactics and gadjets that may be introduced in the book, such as the wireless unit Laine uses.

My recommendation is that if you buy the book, BUY USED and BUY AS CHEAPLY AS YOU CAN!
This way you won't feel too cheated when you finish. Otherwise you are better off being entertained by other novels of the genre.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

sharp_shepherd

• Guardian Of The Constitution
  • Join us on the road to a new "old" America.
Re: Survivors
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:28:24 am »

I really enjoyed the "sequel" to Patriots especially the storyline of Anders and Robby Laine maybe because the four corners area is in my neck of the woods.  I also liked the gang leader character.  In my opinion I thought it was the best of the four books he's written....though I do love Patriots as well.  I recommend having a copy.
Guardian Of The Constitution
Three Percenter
LDS Member
I love my wife, kids and family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up