The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Legos  (Read 13918 times)

DiabloLoco

Looking for Legos
« on: November 02, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »

Being a chip off the ol' block, my minion loves to build. So.....I am looking for more Legos for my minion. We spend quite a lot of time building together. As you might know, they are pretty expensive to buy new. I just thought I'd throw out a line and see if anyone here might have some to sell/trade. I am willing to pay in bullion, frn's, or other trade items.

Let me know. Thx!

DiabloLoco :threvil:

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Looking for Legos
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 02:33:39 pm »

Being a chip off the ol' block, my minion loves to build. So.....I am looking for more Legos for my minion. We spend quite a lot of time building together. As you might know, they are pretty expensive to buy new. I just thought I'd throw out a line and see if anyone here might have some to sell/trade. I am willing to pay in bullion, frn's, or other trade items.

Don't know about "legos," but we used to make our kids "lincoln logs" ourselves. They got to do the sanding and painting... and it was a great family project. They'd gotten the originals as a Christmas gift from grandparents, but we couldn't afford to buy more of them.

Of course, the next year they were given "erector sets," which presented a whole new problem. LOL Not to scale with the logs, but we had some very interesting "buildings" between the sets. Never had any legos. :)
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:37:55 pm »

Don't know about "legos," but we used to make our kids "lincoln logs" ourselves. They got to do the sanding and painting... and it was a great family project. They'd gotten the originals as a Christmas gift from grandparents, but we couldn't afford to buy more of them.

Of course, the next year they were given "erector sets," which presented a whole new problem. LOL Not to scale with the logs, but we had some very interesting "buildings" between the sets. Never had any legos. :)
Had those too. Lincoln Logs, erector sets, construx, legos....etc...etc.... Legos are my favorite though. With legos, your only limit is your imagination. There are SO MANY different pieces! We need more parts. Our imaginations are grand and it takes me a while to convince my minion to tear apart what we have built so we can start on something else. :laugh:

stainzblue

• What's that beeping sound?
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 03:50:11 pm »

Dude I gave away hundreds of pounds of Legos about a year-and-a-half ago. I wanted to keep them for myself, but my wife started making fun of me.
"The most important part of survival is the mind. It is your mind that tells you to prepare for hard times. [...] It is also your mind that tells you how to handle hard times you didn't think to prepare for."  
securitysix

DiabloLoco

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:29 pm »

Dude I gave away hundreds of pounds of Legos about a year-and-a-half ago. I wanted to keep them for myself, but my wife started making fun of me.
You're kidding me! Crap! I would've taken then in a heartbeat! I actually just had some given to us from a friend of the family. A couple thousand pieces. My minion has about 15k or so now. Still wants more! :laugh:

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 07:19:40 am »

Heh.  The extra bedroom upstairs in our house is the Lego Room.  Most days the entire floor is covered with the little bricks.  My son and (ahem) me will spend hours in there on any given Saturday and happily build whatever strikes our fancy.  He is 9 and I don't see his love for those bricks stopping any time soon.  In this day and age of cheap, crappy plastic toys it is nice to have something as well built as Legos.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 10:15:22 am »

Drove my parents nuts picking up my room.  I would stop and build something that would take ALL of my legos as my method of cleaning them up.  That usually lasted well into lunchtime if it was Saturday morning, moonset if a Friday night.......

H had built a "star Destroyer complete with "Decelleration Baffles" and pivoting guns that was over 2 feet long.  a reasonable likeness of the Enterprise was also one of my efforts (Both).
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

stainzblue

• What's that beeping sound?
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 10:59:35 am »

We didn't have Legos when I was a kid. They were a relatively new toy and my parents could not afford them at that time. Decades later, playing with Legos with the kids are some of my fondest memories. I should have kept them.
"The most important part of survival is the mind. It is your mind that tells you to prepare for hard times. [...] It is also your mind that tells you how to handle hard times you didn't think to prepare for."  
securitysix

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • Moderator Group
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2014, 08:17:12 am »

Have you tried looking on eBay? We have attained several huge sets/piles that way. There might be some good deals at the moment seeing how some might be getting rid of older sets to make way for the newer ones they got at Christmas... Also, if you're really inclined check out a kid's consignment sale.
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

Who...me?

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »

Sorry don't have any for sale as the Grand-minion (hehe) LOVES them to death and it seems like I may need another job to finance his addiction.  My wife is always on the lookout for them and she loves them as well.

It is funny tho...they are the ones who love them and yet I seem to be the one in the construction business while they watch and throw the odd "helpful" suggestion.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

DiabloLoco

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2014, 04:26:02 pm »

Have you tried looking on eBay? We have attained several huge sets/piles that way. There might be some good deals at the moment seeing how some might be getting rid of older sets to make way for the newer ones they got at Christmas... Also, if you're really inclined check out a kid's consignment sale.
Yeah...I've looked. Not lately though. It's hard to find items below market value on Ebay. I'll look again later. Thx!

DiabloLoco

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2014, 04:30:58 pm »

Sorry don't have any for sale as the Grand-minion (hehe) LOVES them to death and it seems like I may need another job to finance his addiction.  My wife is always on the lookout for them and she loves them as well.

It is funny tho...they are the ones who love them and yet I seem to be the one in the construction business while they watch and throw the odd "helpful" suggestion.
I know the feeling. I'll build something pretty neat, then the minion will "modify" it. :laugh: When the minion gets new lego sets, I make him build it. Don't get me wrong, I help, but as little as possible. I consider it training. I'm hoping that the minion will take over my construction business when he gets older. If he wants to. If not, he'll always have a trade to fall back on. :mellow:

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2014, 09:18:47 am »

I have a niece that is into the "Barbie" line that they are making.  When I was Helping her over Xmas I had to be careful I wasn't building it myself.  She seems to be mostly content with building the dollhouse, boat or whatever and playing with it rather than making something else......
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Tipitaka

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2014, 11:40:12 pm »

You need Caltrops you say?

DiabloLoco

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2014, 02:26:43 pm »

You need Caltrops you say?

Ummmmmm.....What? What does that have to do with this thread? Kinda random, eh?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up