The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Prepare for Anything  (Read 3063 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Prepare for Anything
« on: October 05, 2014, 05:01:18 pm »

About this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Prepare-Anything-Outdoor-Life-Essential/dp/1616286733/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1412545882&sr=1-1&keywords=prepare+for+anything+survival+manual

Save your money or wait for it to go into the deep (very deep) discount bin.

I've learned that if something talks (seriously) about "Solar Stills" with regards to acquiring water, put the book back on the shelf. Think about it. You need at least a gallon of water a day, right? Turns out that solar still don't produce nearly enough for the effort put into them, even if you put a number of them around. I wouldn't do it unless I really had to. Like a marooned deserted island with no immediate expectations of rescue.

If the information about that is that faulty, how good would you know if the rest of the book is good?

However it is a good standard to know if books are good. If a book advocates solar still, stay away, while if a book dismiss solar stills, then chances are that it's a good one.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up