The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Free pdf of my novel  (Read 3807 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Free pdf of my novel
« on: March 22, 2015, 02:57:39 pm »

I'd like to give a copy of my novel to anyone who'd like to read it. Have not yet made up my mind if I'm going to publish it, one way or another, and would like input.

It's a story that takes place after an economic crash, mostly in NE Wyoming. It's called "Consequences."  Reflects long term thinking about how people would organize their communities and deal with problems in the absence of centralized government. It's not an easy story, and there are more questions than answers by the end...

Here is one review:
Consequences

"It" finally happened. The value of the US dollar was at last recognized by the entire world as a negative number and much of the world economic structure that had depended on it collapsed in flames. The container ships stopped arriving and very real threats were made by creditor countries. Very few people could continue to produce much of anything with no cash and no credit possible, so tax revenues vanished. The government could no longer pretend to "borrow" and the printing presses fell silent. And when the checks stopped coming to the millions of welfare recipients, pensioners, government employees at every level...

The manure actually hit the oscillating wind machine and all hell broke loose. The cities burned and the violence of millions of desperate and angry people became the norm. Since most had never learned to restrain themselves, soon there was none and chaos reigned.

Consequences is the story of a small group of people who had foreseen this possibility and prepared for it. They have to deal with this chaos, and they are prepared to use as much violence as necessary to defend themselves.  As always, there are unintended complications and our heroes must first go out into the holocaust of imploding civilization to rescue some of their own -  who had not quite prepared enough.

But the real story is how they carry on the vital necessities of living, working together and forming a whole new society built on voluntary association and cooperation instead of central planning and coercion. These are real people, with real fears, loves, hates, needs and the baggage of history to deal with. They make real mistakes, pick themselves up and go on to deal with other people and their environment the best they can.

Take a journey into this new and challenging world. Consider whether or not it is a place you'd like to live. If it is, start thinking about how you and your like minded neighbors might build a free and prosperous future. The possibilities are exciting and beautiful.

Every choice and action has consequences. Utopia is not an option.

Just send a PM with an email address, or email me directly. Put "Consequences" into the subject line so it will go into the appropriate filter and be answered promptly.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 03:04:21 pm by MamaLiberty »
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Who...me?

Re: Free pdf of my novel
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 02:14:24 am »

Hey ML just started reading and so far so good.  I have noticed a couple technical issues you would want to address before you would publish.  Do you what any editorial items addressed here or in private?

I will post or PM anything I notice as I see anything, so just let me know

"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 08:21:54 am »

Hey ML just started reading and so far so good.  I have noticed a couple technical issues you would want to address before you would publish.  Do you what any editorial items addressed here or in private?

I will post or PM anything I notice as I see anything, so just let me know

I'd be glad for any technical tips, but please limit it to a PM. Don't want to start any controversy here. :)

Fruitcake

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 05:46:37 pm »

Good to hear you have a book. Would like to see it but can only use a phone for web. How are your herbs doing? Been gone for a while but would love to catch up on things. Is Gaurd Duck still here? Hope it is okay to post this here.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 05:49:56 pm by Fruitcake »

DiabloLoco

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 07:35:26 pm »

Good to hear you have a book. Would like to see it but can only use a phone for web. How are your herbs doing? Been gone for a while but would love to catch up on things. Is Gaurd Duck still here? Hope it is okay to post this here.
Gaurd Duck now goes by Baked@420 as his moniker.

Cherokee

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 07:47:59 pm »

I'd like to read it, but I don't want to post my email here since PM is now gone.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 07:50:59 pm »

I'd like to read it, but I don't want to post my email here since PM is now gone.
Go to ML's profile and click on the little envelope icon. This will send an email direct, without showing it to everyone. Once you send your email, she will have your email address. Hope that helps ya! :mellow:

Cherokee

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:06:31 pm »

Go to ML's profile and click on the little envelope icon. This will send an email direct, without showing it to everyone. Once you send your email, she will have your email address. Hope that helps ya! :mellow:

Thanks!

Fruitcake

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 12:24:31 am »

Mama liberty I think you should sell copies of your book.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 05:16:30 am »

Mama liberty I think you should sell copies of your book.

Thanks, fruitcake.

Here's the deal... I have zero interest in ever becoming involved with the IRS again... :)

I write mostly for my own amusement, and am happy to share it with anyone else who wants to read it. I don't expect I'd sell enough of them to make much difference in my financial status (and terrified that I might), but I'd most likely once again be filing tax forms and keeping "records" for the vampires. And that's not happening if I can get out of it.  :laugh:

And I'm sure they, or someone in the cesspool, would not be happy with the "subversive" nature of my little fiction anyway.  Send me an email: mamaliberty at rtconnect dot net - replace the at and dot with appropriate symbols and eliminate the spaces. Put "consequences" in the subject line so I'll see it quickly.

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 07:20:02 pm »

Yo.
“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh

Fruitcake

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 08:06:11 pm »

I did as you asked.

Fruitcake

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 08:38:41 pm »

Hey baked at 420 how have you been?

Fruitcake

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2016, 12:44:35 pm »

Anyone have mad wet hens fruit cake recipe.

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 08:38:17 pm »

Hey baked at 420 how have you been?

Good.
“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up