The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Emergency  (Read 1342 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Emergency
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:12:29 pm »

Emergency by Neil Strauss of "The Game" fame

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0060898771?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00

Ok, let's get one thing out of the way first. As one commentator mentioned, Neil Strauss is a "liberal bitch" worrying about the violations by Bush as this book went to press. A biiiiggg Obama cheerleader as when the book went to press, just after Obama became President.

Now, about the book itself. Despite the front cover and all the blurbs on the back, WARNING!, this is not a how to survive this or that kind of book. While you may gleam some ideas from the book, for the most part you will be better off looking at other books that clearly offer such advices if that's what you want.

What this book is, well, let me put it this way. If you remember Rawles' book Patriots which is supposedly a survival manual disguised as a novel, this book is not one. It is more of an author's journal about his "adventures" he undertakes when he realizes that bad times are coming and he wants to survive. Like his other book The Game, he sought out experts for their expertises.

Originally intended at first to get a second passport in case his American passport can land him into trouble. He runs afoul of the American government laws against banking and such. Running into difficulties in his attempts to deal with getting a dual citizenship. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Here's my recommendation regarding this book. Don't buy it expecting to be "educated", many here have already went through the "education". I brought my copy used when I thought the price was cheap enough for me, I'm glad I did. I have found the book very entertaining, I think you will too enjoy Strauss' journey to become a survivalist. But your journey may not be as "rich" as he did. If you want to know what I mean, read the comments at Amazon page about the book.

Recommendation: Get the book, very entertaining, but you may want to get a used copy like I did.

I do wonder who the girl was at the end.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up