The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lego movie  (Read 7082 times)

Saint Turkey

Re: Lego movie
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2014, 01:01:50 am »

Very well said! :thumbsup: I agree. It's worth the time to see it.

From one of my favorite scenes featuring one of the lego dudes that I had growing up. He was such a spazz! :laugh:

Mediocre  :rolleyes:

Saint Turkey

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2014, 01:05:53 am »

:) Love the Lego talk.  Keep it coming.  :wub: you could make a city full of hop with them.

mi6a2lm

• http://emtaz.com
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2014, 11:43:14 pm »

Worth a viewing.  During the whole movie I was thinking, 'The piece of resistance is so familiar, but I just can't place it!' 
“This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end - which you can never afford to lose - with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” - ADM James Stockdale

mi6a2lm

• http://emtaz.com
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 09:29:10 pm »

Was searching for Avengers characters (from the movie since it's now on cable) and came across this:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/BL-SEB-86321
----
At next month’s Toy Fair in New York, Lego will unveil the SHIELD Helicarrier set, and it’s a doozy.
Check out all 2,996 pieces of it:

In the 2012 film “The Avengers,” the Helicarrier is a gigantic aircraft carrier capable of flight that serves as a base for the defense and intelligence agency S.H.I.E.L.D. (The new Lego set isn’t tied to the upcoming sequel, “The Avengers: Age of Ultron.”)

The set will go on sale in March for $349.99.
-----
“This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end - which you can never afford to lose - with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” - ADM James Stockdale

Who...me?

« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2015, 09:50:02 am »

I have a real issue with Lego.  And not just that they are invisible when you step on them in your stocking feet.  The thing is you can not just go buy a tub-o-lego anymore.  Yes if you buy them online you can get them packaged that way but try and go to a toy store.  When I was a kid (granted that was a long time ago) we would get Legos in a box and you used this thingy that is now unheard of...imagination...to build what you wanted.  Now everything is in sets and kits that you use instructions to build. 

At xmas my wife and I went to toysrus I was shocked when I saw the place.  Fully half or more of the store was dedicated to Lego sets.  A small isle for games and a couple small isles for random stuff and everything else was lego.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

DiabloLoco

« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2015, 10:02:40 am »

I have a real issue with Lego.  And not just that they are invisible when you step on them in your stocking feet.  The thing is you can not just go buy a tub-o-lego anymore.  Yes if you buy them online you can get them packaged that way but try and go to a toy store.  When I was a kid (granted that was a long time ago) we would get Legos in a box and you used this thingy that is now unheard of...imagination...to build what you wanted.  Now everything is in sets and kits that you use instructions to build. 

At xmas my wife and I went to toysrus I was shocked when I saw the place.  Fully half or more of the store was dedicated to Lego sets.  A small isle for games and a couple small isles for random stuff and everything else was lego.
You can still build whatever you want. Just disregard the instructions. My minion will build a new set using the instructions, but it doesn't stay together very long. After that, all builds are from his imagination. I love Legos. The minion has probably over 100k pieces. I still sit and build with him all the time.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2015, 08:52:17 am »

I finally saw the Lego movie yesterday with my brother and his kids.  I see what everyone was talking about.  And it was just plain fun.

"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up