The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Book Review: Brightsuit MacBear  (Read 1783 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Book Review: Brightsuit MacBear
« on: May 03, 2015, 01:18:02 pm »

Book Review: Brightsuit MacBear  http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/?p=7120
Posted on May 3, 2015 by MamaLiberty   

By MamaLiberty

L. Neil Smith is unique, far as I’ve discovered, in believing that almost any living creature in the universe can be, or modified to be, a sentient, sapient being. This makes all of his stories exceptionally interesting, almost always hilarious, and occasionally philosophically very challenging. In a universe like that – with an infinity of alternate universes – finding something to eat might become very difficult unless one eats rocks or plasma from the sun. The carrots and peas might just begin arguing semantics or pull a gun…

But, as Neil says so often, I digress.

Brightsuit MacBear is a story of a young man, from a less than helpful family situation, who nonetheless has the integrity and intelligence to “smell a rat” and decide to do whatever it takes to make things right, even though he is singularly unprepared physically to actually carry that out. Continue reading → http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/?p=7120
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
Re: Book Review: Brightsuit MacBear
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 02:14:05 pm »

Nice Review MamaLiberty. Thank you!

I loved the summary at the end of the article.
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty
Pages: [1]   Go Up