The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Silver prices could break the support of $15.50 per ounce  (Read 2463 times)

Alchemist

Silver prices could break the support of $15.50 per ounce
« on: March 11, 2015, 07:46:23 am »

q
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:07:12 am by Alchemist »

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group
Re: Silver prices could break the support of $15.50 per ounce
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:42:40 pm »

They are using what is called "technical analysis" to try and predict that the price of silver will go down.

Technical analysts like to speak of "support," a price that the stock or commodity does not often go below.  They also speak of "resistance" to describe prices that are rarely that high.

Technical analysts use all sorts of voodoo to predict support and resistance levels.  I don't think much of it, but there are plenty of people who do. 

Basically this article is predicting that silver's price is as low as it has been since last November (not really very long ago) and likely to go lower.

Maybe, maybe not.  Having bought silver when it was under $7, I'm less concerned about short-term price movements.

Peace,

Silver

Alchemist

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 03:26:08 pm »

q
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 11:07:00 am by Alchemist »

DiabloLoco

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 05:34:37 pm »

They are using what is called "technical analysis" to try and predict that the price of silver will go down.

Technical analysts like to speak of "support," a price that the stock or commodity does not often go below.  They also speak of "resistance" to describe prices that are rarely that high.

Technical analysts use all sorts of voodoo to predict support and resistance levels.  I don't think much of it, but there are plenty of people who do. 

Basically this article is predicting that silver's price is as low as it has been since last November (not really very long ago) and likely to go lower.

Maybe, maybe not.  Having bought silver when it was under $7, I'm less concerned about short-term price movements.

Peace,

Silver
Yup. I try to buy a little bit very often. Cost averaging and all. :threvil:

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 05:09:12 pm »

What they're saying is that if you're thinking of buying silver right now, when its falling down against the dollar, it hasn't fallen down enough, so hold out until it peaks bottom and seems about to go back up.  Reason for that isn't "investment" or "dollar voodoo" or anything of that sort but merely that if you have 1000 paper bucks you want put somewhere safer than your bank account, going down by 2 to 7 percent a year in buying power, you can buy silver now, at the current price as it goes down, or wait until its gone down some more... difference is simple... buy 75 ounces now, with your 1000 paper bucks, or buy 100 later, IF it hits 10 an ounce.  About how it translates into plain english.  If it levels out at 12 or 14 for the next "support"(bottom it is unlikely to plunge through for awhile or bottom it repeatedly approaches but rarely breaks during a certain evaluation period), you've still bought an extra couple ounces.  If you're as rich as Silver, who single handedly cured Ebola in Africa, you'd be buying Gold instead, once that hits 1000 or lower.

Playing silver margins would have worked great if you'd had some in your pocket, and sold it when it hit 40 an ounce a few years back, then nailed some more when it came back down and wait for the next rush.  It slowly edges up, as Silver pointed out, the 7 an ounce bottoms probably won't ever come back except in a crash before rocketing back up and staying further and further up.  If you watch the averages, you notice that the average lows and highs keep going higher.  Same with Gold... same with everything... even eggs.

For those who follow the market voodoo and try to cash in on the trading differences (for example, buying 100 ounces of gold when it was 600 an ounce, selling them when the market peaked at 1600 not that long ago, and buying again once it drops to 1000... that'd make you some nice spending money, and it would probably outstrip what you should have made in the stock market, and what you didn't manage to save while having kids and paying a mortgage, and working on a heart attack eating shitty and sleeping little at a job you hate... which is what the average human being does and has done since before jobs were invented and turned into a religion.  Just have to avoid the official channels if you're into trading, holding and trading PM's, or you only succeed at making what the government will steal from you, especially if you ride the margin for less than a year, they really rape your finances then... capital gains or whatever they call it... which sucks.  I don't have suggestions for how to go about using the underground market in PM's since buying a huge bit of bulk would require buying from an exchange, as no small dealer outside the mafia would be able to carry any significant amount beyond a few pounds of small ingots, and where to find that kind of private buyers and sellers, willing to buy high and sell low... I can't tell you since I don't know of any outside the exchanges and panicky survivalists buying some snake oil.... I'm guessing Silver would know, given his vastly overarching intellect and his body of knowledge and wealth that vastly outpaces any of us mere mortals..
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:11:35 pm by Destin Faruda »
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2015, 08:00:17 am »

Peace,

Silver
Yup. I try to buy a little bit very often. Cost averaging and all. :threvil:

Yes sir.  I just purchased two more ounces myself.  Paid $17 an ounce which is pretty close to spot price.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.
Pages: [1]   Go Up