The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "Trolls on the Internet"  (Read 4506 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: "Trolls on the Internet"
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2015, 07:33:49 am »

Despite my using a smiley, I mean it about ML "rules". Mama Liberty, you just boot anyone you wish any time you wish for any reason you wish, and if you get any flak over it just send the bums to me, okay?

Oooh, thanks Elias. Permission to kick ass... I'm loving it. :)

Can't wait to see what you have in store for TMM, Elias. Been wondering what was happening after we talked about a large influx of new people. I'm talking now with a few of the admin folks and we'll see what sort of moderator crew we can come up with. I've got some definite ideas, but want to discuss it with you and the others before I go hog wild.  :laugh:

Thanks so much for your continued support and friendship. It means a lot to me. So do every one of the Mental Militia regulars, especially the curmudgeons. And if you lurkers want to join the cadre of regulars, all you have to do is start posting. Join in the discussion. Contribute something.

ML
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2015, 10:30:18 pm »

Elias -
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! You have indeed been incredibly busy! As I read your post the excitement I was feeling kept building up - I am just amazed with some of the projects and plans you laid out. Always at the back of my head is the tingling desire that I would like to do something... But sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the evil and ugliness of the world or I am so bogged down being a SAHM, homeschooling two-thirds of my Little Turkeys that I just take on the "oh what can little ol' me do anyway?" notion. An infusion of bright ideas, sass, creativity, and encouragement is just what this site needs. It warmed my heart to read what this particular forum, this journey really, means to you. Thank you!
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2015, 10:33:32 pm »

...So do every one of the Mental Militia regulars, especially the curmudgeons...

My first thought was, "No! Not the curmudgeons!" On second thought, perhaps it's the curmudgeons that makes me enjoy the quirky personalities and good humored folks all the more... :)
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2015, 12:00:35 am »

Despite my using a smiley, I mean it about ML "rules". Mama Liberty, you just boot anyone you wish any time you wish for any reason you wish, and if you get any flak over it just send the bums to me, okay?

Oooh, thanks Elias. Permission to kick ass... I'm loving it. :)
[....]

ML

Glad to see your happy smile, ML. Yes'm, a bit of kickin' ass is good for the soul, especially when some crude-assed troll tries to sabotage something which  nice folks are building. 
As I think about it, I'm feeling pretty sure that all Trolls need to get together and build their own damn NetCity where they can troll every other troll and leave us freedom-lovin' folks to be in peace. But since the trolls prolly are not thusly inclined, just show them a TMM Boot and be done with them. I'm canceling any previous policy about how you do that, what hoops used to be required for an Admin to jump through before banning someone. If it is a troll, it needs to be gone and it does not deserve our consideration or sympathy.

It's so much fun to ban the troll;
It helps to let the good times roll.

;)

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2015, 06:40:12 am »

Elias -
Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow, oh wow! You have indeed been incredibly busy! As I read your post the excitement I was feeling kept building up - I am just amazed with some of the projects and plans you laid out. Always at the back of my head is the tingling desire that I would like to do something... But sometimes I get overwhelmed with all the evil and ugliness of the world or I am so bogged down being a SAHM, homeschooling two-thirds of my Little Turkeys that I just take on the "oh what can little ol' me do anyway?" notion. An infusion of bright ideas, sass, creativity, and encouragement is just what this site needs. It warmed my heart to read what this particular forum, this journey really, means to you. Thank you!

Moonbeam, you're a pleasure. Thank you for the warm reception of my musings. I have much work to do before I can even be prepared enough to call in helpers. But by Christmas time we should be up and running and I do think you'll find it exciting. We will be doing original podcasts, echoing radio shows by members such as Jim White of Northwest Liberty News and Dave Hodges of the Common Sense Show. I think I'll get Agenda 21 Radio on board too, as soon as I can contact him. He has already sent word he wants to join. We will also be coordinating Intel for all private militia around the nation, as well as offering them guidelines for expanding their memberships and influence in their respective areas by establishing a public relations officer and a political Intel officer. We will be selling advertising and products as well as memberships.  The scope of the mission is huge, and I confess that I'm not even halfway through organizing the mission, ack! But ultimately I plan on adding color, humor, music, and lots of Women, such as the Politichicks and As A Mom etc etc. I intend to blow the lid off of the mass-media propaganda blimp in ways that the public will enjoy. Just need about twenty more hours in a day, yes? ;)

http://politichicks.com/

http://krisannehall.com/

http://www.asamom.org/

Many others.

Send me an email please -- eliasalias@gmail.com

Thank you. Keep up your enthusiasm,
Salute!
Elias

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2015, 07:05:50 am »

But since the trolls prolly are not thusly inclined, just show them a TMM Boot and be done with them. I'm canceling any previous policy about how you do that, what hoops used to be required for an Admin to jump through before banning someone. If it is a troll, it needs to be gone and it does not deserve our consideration or sympathy.

Whoa nellie! Good thing I'm a non-aggressor. :) Thanks for the vote of confidence, Elias. I'll do my best. The trick is to identify actual trolls, leaving the door open for the folks who are just starting to bloom and don't have a good understanding of things yet. With more participation from the experienced folks here at TMM, I think we can get that job done too. I'm going to work closely with other mods, and as many of the admin folks I can snag into helping. Bring on the new folks, Elias... we're going to do our best to be ready for them - to welcome those who want to participate, and to boot the trolls ruthlessly.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2015, 08:43:49 am »

But since the trolls prolly are not thusly inclined, just show them a TMM Boot and be done with them. I'm canceling any previous policy about how you do that, what hoops used to be required for an Admin to jump through before banning someone. If it is a troll, it needs to be gone and it does not deserve our consideration or sympathy.

Whoa nellie! Good thing I'm a non-aggressor. :) Thanks for the vote of confidence, Elias. I'll do my best. The trick is to identify actual trolls, leaving the door open for the folks who are just starting to bloom and don't have a good understanding of things yet. With more participation from the experienced folks here at TMM, I think we can get that job done too. I'm going to work closely with other mods, and as many of the admin folks I can snag into helping. Bring on the new folks, Elias... we're going to do our best to be ready for them - to welcome those who want to participate, and to boot the trolls ruthlessly.

Well, ML, you're hittin' on all cylinders I reckon. But we've got time to get accustomed to the idea of an influx, as I doubt I can have everything ready until late in December, before Christmas being my hoped-for goal. When we unveil the new site, with a spattering of organizations which have already joined, eachwith their landing page, I then can invite a long list of organizations and liberty-fighters, but do so with something in hand to show them. I'm grateful for those who have already joined, for they've done so without seeing what the over-all vision is, were able to grasp the potential in the idea well enough to join "in the blind" so to say. I think that if I can produce the website properly, with a clearly described mission stated directly and simply, and pack the site with entertaining insights into why and how Resistance begins in the Mind, and that the very Minds being targeted by nameable powers that be can easily be reclaimed by their rightful owners (every citizen in the danged country), the site will sell itself to the public. If that happens I know some ways we can really kick some government ass. TMM is going to become, in addition to what it already is, a PSYOP with a serious punch. Might be fun!  ;)

Regarding trolls, they come in many forms, shapes, kinds, and types. A remarkable number of them are being paid with taxpayer dollars to do their dirty work. I aill post something next, below this text box, to Tahn, to get his thread back on track -- the "troll" thingy --- and paste in something from an old article I wrote back in 2011, which is just what Tahn would like to read again. 

Salute!
Elias

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2015, 09:27:47 am »

I occasionally listen to a program on the radio called Ground Zero while falling asleep. Last night was an interesting program concerning false flags and disinformation. I have no idea if this is true or not but heard a part of it before drifting asleep. Among the things discussed was this:

"A previous secret unit called Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group and other groups that are in the employ of the alphabet agencies are allegedly attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself."

A bit more can be read here, although I could not find an audio link.

http://www.groundzeromedia.org/electronic-jackpot-speak-up-wake-up-and-shut-up/

So, is our forum being "warped" by trolls?

Tahn, to reply to your question, the answer is both yes and no. I've seen trolls at work here over the years. One I recall was a professional provocateur named Dgg9. He gave up, I guess. As far as any trolls having successfully "warped" TMM, no, they have not. But they have tried, and thus have been a nuisance.
Back in 2011 I wrote a five-part series on the nature of policy, and in part four of that series I included some stuff about Cass Sunstein. I'll just lift that out and place it here for your reading enjoyment. ;)

-
.... is to become a conspiracy theorist, at least it is so in the eyes of DHS. [To my view it is to become a conspiracy factologist.] And since DHS now over-rides all law enforcement as well as parallel military activity, the proclamations by ADL and SPLC establishes in the public mind that there could not possibly be such a thing as a “conspiracy factologist”. Nope. We’ve been branded as “theorists”, and cannot possibly believe in conspiracy fact.  The biggest fan, and best-paying supporter of those orgs could be the U.S. Federal government, which by its very nature enjoys employing mental manipulation among the masses.

Let’s note, while on the topic of conspiracy theories, what the Obama Cabinet thinks of conspiracy theorists.  But remember while reading this next bit, what SPLC and ADL said above –

“The ‘orders’ the Oath Keepers refuse reveal their extreme conspiratorial mindset, because the ‘orders’ are not instructions ever likely to be actually handed down by Obama or his officials; instead, they are reflective of the anti-government conspiracy theories embraced by the extreme right.”

So a brief look at Cass Sunstein, who is a major player in policy studies and represents the Obama Administration, is in order:
To get a glimpse of one sample of how Govlish operates in psy-war zones of mentality, here is one of many famous ‘Cass Sunstein’ blurts – get it here: http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1084585
http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_323_30802.php

Government is faced with suppliers of conspiracy theories, and might aim at least in part to persuade, debias, or silence those suppliers. However, those two players are competing for the hearts and minds of third parties, especially the mass audience of the uncommitted. Expanding the cast further, one may see the game as involving four players: government officials, conspiracy theorists, mass audiences, and independent experts – such as mainstream scientists or the editors of Popular Mechanics – whom government attempts to enlist to give credibility to its rebuttal efforts.

(Without getting too far aside I would like to note that the Popular Mechanics article debunking 9/11 conspiracy theories was a major flop, a laughing stock full of holes and empirical nonsense and has been rejected by science. It is a classic example of dis-information, pure propaganda. One of Michael Chertov’s closest kin was brought in to oversee that report.)

Now note Sunstein’s   phraseology – “the mass audience of the uncommitted.” That is his Govlish way of naming the battle-field, the mass mind of the nation, the “group mind”, the collective consciousness. Remember – this guy is working at the White House level.

But Sunstein was being warmly poetic in that abstract screed. For a look at what’s behind the Govlish rhetoric hidden in his words one can read this passage by Sunstein – and please remember, this guy is Administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs -

[W]e suggest a distinctive tactic for breaking up the hard core of extremists who supply conspiracy theories: cognitive infiltration of extremist groups, whereby government agents or their allies (acting either virtually or in real space, and either openly or anonymously) will undermine the crippled epistemology of believers by planting doubts about the theories and stylized facts that circulate within such groups, thereby introducing beneficial cognitive diversity. (Page 219, “Conspiracy Theories: Causes and Cures.” (J. Political Philosophy, 7 [2009], 202-227.)

But Tahn, that was several years ago. Now our beloved government has gone much farther with their intrusive intent. If you can view videos, please do enjoy the journalistic presentation of "DJ" who runs Level 9 News -- it's about the "Neural Net" which Geo-spatial Intelligence is designing with a capacity to register, and map, our very brain-wave activity and process that data with quantum Artificial Intelligence-core, real-time, analysis -- to the point that now they have patents for development of remote neural monitoring using damned satellites. Check out her report, and see where Fedgov has taken the game to new heights, far above simply patrolling Internet forums and comment-sections. Yeah, they still do that, but their planners are looking ahead, and their science staggers my comprehension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TDAowceJgI

But of course there are other types of trolls as well, and that is why I recommend a quick "delete-button finger". It's my opinion, and that only, that we don't owe a troll any thing, including access to this forum to abuse as if it were his own private parade. We've been here a long time, and much has been learned, eh?

But say, Bro -- how can you be sure I ain't trollin'? ;)

Salute!
Elias

Mr. Bill

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2015, 05:47:12 pm »

...In countless thousands of threads exist the essence of the human voice, with all its flaws and triumphs. ...countless thousands of people have left their markings on our walls as they wandered down our halls. ...

http://thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?action=stats

You're welcome.

:thrbiggrin:

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2015, 11:15:17 am »

MamaLiberty,

Thanks for all the help in trying to keep the forum free of trollish behavior. I have noticed you are deleting more content that violates the rules. I wonder if drawing a line through it instead, would work to do that, so we late comers trying to follow the debates/arguments, will understand. When it just disappears, it is hard to follow. Just a thought, not a suggestion.
Peace and Love,
Tahn
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2015, 11:26:14 am »

MamaLiberty,

Thanks for all the help in trying to keep the forum free of trollish behavior. I have noticed you are deleting more content that violates the rules. I wonder if drawing a line through it instead, would work to do that, so we late comers trying to follow the debates/arguments, will understand. When it just disappears, it is hard to follow. Just a thought, not a suggestion.
Peace and Love,
Tahn

Say, there's an idea. Never thought of that. I'll try it next time. :)

Byte Me

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2015, 08:57:56 am »

Great thought...but anybody so marked can still edit their post.  That's one of the reasons that quoting text you are specifically addressing is a good idea.  Quoting also helps to alleviate some of the confusion that forum conversation sometimes creates.  And reading comprehension seems to be in decline this last decade or so.  More clarification can't hurt!
They'll vote themselves free at about the same time they spend themselves rich. - MamaLiberty

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2015, 11:12:58 am »

Sounds pretty sweet Elias!  Looking forward to the next level this forum takes.  I've only been poking around here since... 2009 I think... but I've enjoyed every millisecond of it.  More knowledge in these e-walls than any other place I've been.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2015, 03:53:44 am »

Sounds pretty sweet Elias!  Looking forward to the next level this forum takes.  I've only been poking around here since... 2009 I think... but I've enjoyed every millisecond of it.  More knowledge in these e-walls than any other place I've been.

Glad you approve, knobster. It's good to know that you've been enjoying these boards for six years -- I appreciate your support.
I do think that new voices could be added to the conversations here, and the learning curve for all of us could be enhanced thereby. With your continued help, we'll grow nicely. Thanks Bro,
Salute!
Elias

slidemansailor

• A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2016, 09:11:36 am »

I just read a great article

Disinformation Part 1: How Trolls Control an Internet Forum
from Who.What.Why .org

It describes the various steps they take and methods for reducing the value in our forums and online information sharing.  Knowing how and recognizing what is taking place can be useful to all of us here.
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up