The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why are the IMF, the UN, the BIS & Citibank all warning of an economic crisis?  (Read 2010 times)

mouse

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/why-are-the-imf-the-un-the-bis-and-citibank-all-warning-that-an-economic-crisis-could-be-imminent

The warnings are getting louder.  Is anybody listening?  For months, I have been documenting on my website how the global financial system is absolutely primed for a crisis, and now some of the most important financial institutions in the entire world are warning about the exact same thing.

snip

DiabloLoco

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/why-are-the-imf-the-un-the-bis-and-citibank-all-warning-that-an-economic-crisis-could-be-imminent

The warnings are getting louder.  Is anybody listening?  For months, I have been documenting on my website how the global financial system is absolutely primed for a crisis, and now some of the most important financial institutions in the entire world are warning about the exact same thing.

snip
And what are YOUR thoughts on the matter? Please include that when starting a topic. Thx.

Also, this should probably be in the money/commerce/taxation section.

RVM45

Let me cite this quote by Howard Ruff one more time:

"Anyone can tell me what will happen in the future. If you want to convince me that you're a Prophet Tell me WHEN."

…..RVM45
There are only Two Types of People in the World:

A.} Folks who are after my Guns;

And;

B.} Folks who Are Not after my Guns.

Nothing Else Matters.

DiabloLoco

Let me cite this quote by Howard Ruff one more time:

"Anyone can tell me what will happen in the future. If you want to convince me that you're a Prophet Tell me WHEN."

…..RVM45
I'm no prophet then. I've tried to call a specific day. It was yesterday..... :dontknow: It's harder to predict such events nowadays. The markets are broken and manipulated to the point that the normal methods no longer apply.  :huh:

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty

Is not that crisis already all around us? I think it's already happened, just as it was predicted long ago... it went off the cliff a long time ago, and what we are waiting for is the sudden stop of the incredible mass at the bottom. I decided long ago not to sit down there waiting for it all to fall on me.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona

Don't ask 'why are they doing this', ask , why are they doing this, NOW'.  What does this gain for them and not for us?

Clarence
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group

Economic Collapse Blog (ECB) must have used superglue to peg their clue meter at zero.

They ask "Is anybody listening?"  The answer is NO, because they are nothing more than a digital version of Chicken Little aka Henny Penny and Chicken Licken. 

ECB sees signs that are every bit as convincing as the acorn that hit Chicken Little on the head, and concludes that the sky is falling.  Like Chicken Little, ECB never ever asks "Why is this happening?" or to Clarence's point "why is this happening NOW?"

Yes, the system is set up for a spectacular failure.  But it was set up for failure in 1690, when  the Province of Massachusetts Bay created paper money to finance a war.  Note that theme, there will be a test. 

It was set up for failure again in 1775, when the Continental Congress issued $241,552,780 in Continental currency to finance another war.  Think about that - $241 million in 1775!!!

It was set up for failure again in 1861, with the issue of fiat greenbacks, in direct violation of that goddamned piece of paper, the US constitution.  At least the earlier failures didn't violate the supreme law of the land.

It was set up again in 1913, with the creation of the federal reserve, more stomping on the constitution and its restriction on gold and silver as money. Once again, war was the reason, although it took Wilson and his conspirators a few more years to trick the citizenry into joining WWI.  Again in 1933, when gold was confiscated by presidential fiat and the dollar devalued from $20.67 per gold ounce to $35 per gold ounce. Every dollar owner in the world took a 40% loss overnight.

It was set up again in 1971, when the last vestige of the gold standard was removed, as France realized that US spending on the Vietnam war was robbing them.  And yet again in 1998 when the federal reserve bailed out a stupid failed hedge fund rather than let investors take the loss they so desperately deserved. 

And yet again in 2008, when banks were given nearly endless largess from the fed, TARP, and dozens of Congressional bailouts and giveaways to "too big to fail" banks.

The system isn't failing, it is working exactly as it was designed to do.  What ECB and their fellow economic ignoramuses don't grasp is that these repetitive failures serve to transfer enormous amounts of wealth from the poor and working stiffs to the coffers of the most rich and powerful people on the planet.

Sometimes things spin a bit out of control and there is a sudden change, and the rapid increase in impoverishment causes the ignorati to rise up and demand change.  They get it, every time, good and hard.  But most of the time the system limps along, bleeding savers and working stiffs, enriching the ultra-rich and supremely powerful.

That's why it is so hard to predict when a collapse will occur.  These are minor errors, perturbations in the otherwise orderly workings of a great machine.  It is a machine designed to destroy lives and property via war, taxation, inflation, and confiscation, but it is a very effective and very smooth running machine.  It has been in place for centuries.

ECB will never get it, because they lack the curiosity and mental capacity to look behind the curtain.

Peace,

Silver
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 10:27:16 am by Silver »

drygulch

The system isn't failing, it is working exactly as it was designed to do. 

This is exactly what is happening. Once we understand this to be what is going on, then what is the next step. Is there a way to change this system ? I do not believe that writing a congressman, talking to a reporter, or holding a cardboard sign will change this system. Is the problem that the majority don't see the problem, or think the problem lies elsewhere ? Is it that maybe enough individuals do see the problem, yet are overwhelmed with the prospect of changing it ? Maybe it's an overabundance of apathy ? I admit that I am weary of understanding the problems, with no avenue of recourse. Is this my destiny, along with others, to be stuck in a perpetual purgatory of helplessness ? I do not feel sorry for myself, just angry. I have free will. I do not have the ability to assert much of that free will. What's the point then ?

RVM45

Just as an Aside:

I've used that Howard Ruff quote repeatedly. I think that is the only Lasting Impression that reading him left upon me.

O yeah back in the 70's or 80s, Ruff advised having at least a year's worth of food stored but gave little or no emphasis to Firearms to protect said food.

Causing Mel Tappan to criticize him without calling him by name.

{In years gone past "Experts"—whether they were indeed experts or not—with bones to pick with other Experts were often reluctant to name the Straw Man they were attacking. And some "Experts" are little more than Straw Men. If someone was well read in the field though, he generally knew who's SacredOx was being Gored...}

At any rate—I googled Howard Ruff and he's in his 90s and still advising folks to back hard money, precious metals etc.

…..RVM45

…..RVM45
There are only Two Types of People in the World:

A.} Folks who are after my Guns;

And;

B.} Folks who Are Not after my Guns.

Nothing Else Matters.

DiabloLoco

The system isn't failing, it is working exactly as it was designed to do. 

This is exactly what is happening. Once we understand this to be what is going on, then what is the next step. Is there a way to change this system ? I do not believe that writing a congressman, talking to a reporter, or holding a cardboard sign will change this system. Is the problem that the majority don't see the problem, or think the problem lies elsewhere ? Is it that maybe enough individuals do see the problem, yet are overwhelmed with the prospect of changing it ? Maybe it's an overabundance of apathy ? I admit that I am weary of understanding the problems, with no avenue of recourse. Is this my destiny, along with others, to be stuck in a perpetual purgatory of helplessness ? I do not feel sorry for myself, just angry. I have free will. I do not have the ability to assert much of that free will. What's the point then ?
The only thing that little guys can do is shelter yourself from the system that was designed to rob you blind. Keep yourself as far out of the banking system as possible. Become "unbanked". Leave only enough money at any given time in the bank to get you by for 45 days. Work "off the books" as much as possible. Buy PHYSICAL silver and gold or other hard assets with disposable income. TPTB can't steal what they don't know exists. That's why many are pushing a ban on cash. It will never happen though, as political bribes are sometimes done with untraceable cash.

If a sizable minority of people followed this advise, the whole system would collapse on itself, and they know it.

required disclaimer- *notthatiamadvocating tax evasion or any other illegal activity* :rolleyes:

drygulch

The only thing that little guys can do is shelter yourself from the system that was designed to rob you blind. Keep yourself as far out of the banking system as possible. Become "unbanked". Leave only enough money at any given time in the bank to get you by for 45 days. Work "off the books" as much as possible. Buy PHYSICAL silver and gold or other hard assets with disposable income. TPTB can't steal what they don't know exists. That's why many are pushing a ban on cash. It will never happen though, as political bribes are sometimes done with untraceable cash.

If a sizable minority of people followed this advise, the whole system would collapse on itself, and they know it.

required disclaimer- *notthatiamadvocating tax evasion or any other illegal activity* :rolleyes:
[/quote]

I think that you highlight many good avenues to pursue. Some will help, some buy time. Here is how I feel. When someone jams a dagger into my side, I don't want to be told to continue to let that individual keep twisting the dagger in my side. I think the appropriate response is to blow their gosh dang head off. I am just not finding satisfaction with accepting it, not that the feedback isn't smart though ! I want justice. Rolling around in the sewer just makes the dagger twisting worse.

DiabloLoco

I think that you highlight many good avenues to pursue. Some will help, some buy time. Here is how I feel. When someone jams a dagger into my side, I don't want to be told to continue to let that individual keep twisting the dagger in my side. I think the appropriate response is to blow their gosh dang head off. I am just not finding satisfaction with accepting it, not that the feedback isn't smart though ! I want justice. Rolling around in the sewer just makes the dagger twisting worse.
Short answer- You will never get the justice you seek. At least not if you want to live. Blowing their heads off, while immensely satisfying, is not the answer. More heads will grow in their place. The only way to get justice is to get enough people to fight this together. Together not as a group, but individual efforts. This keeps TPTB from focusing in on one target. As I said in my previous post, it would only take a sizable minority of people to facilitate the complete destruction of the global financial empire. The first step toward realizing your required justice, is to do your part. Once that is completed, wake up others and convince them to voluntarily do their part as well. Once you convince one person, convince another, and help them with resources, mentoring, and advice, to wake up others in the same manner. This would create a snowball effect. Exponentially poisoning the root of the problem instead of inflicting easily healed wounds. I may be wrong though. Maybe it wouldn't take down the bastards....but it sure would hurt them. Bad.......

drygulch

Short answer- You will never get the justice you seek. At least not if you want to live. Blowing their heads off, while immensely satisfying, is not the answer. More heads will grow in their place. The only way to get justice is to get enough people to fight this together. Together not as a group, but individual efforts. This keeps TPTB from focusing in on one target. As I said in my previous post, it would only take a sizable minority of people to facilitate the complete destruction of the global financial empire. The first step toward realizing your required justice, is to do your part. Once that is completed, wake up others and convince them to voluntarily do their part as well. Once you convince one person, convince another, and help them with resources, mentoring, and advice, to wake up others in the same manner. This would create a snowball effect. Exponentially poisoning the root of the problem instead of inflicting easily healed wounds. I may be wrong though. Maybe it wouldn't take down the bastards....but it sure would hurt them. Bad.......

What if enough individuals simultaneously did not consent ? That would take a lot of organization and trust. It does not work when 10 people do not consent, but 100,000 in your area ?

DiabloLoco

What if enough individuals simultaneously did not consent ? That would take a lot of organization and trust. It does not work when 10 people do not consent, but 100,000 in your area ?
I would say that a global figure of 5% (or maybe less), would have devastating effects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up