The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lead developer quits Bitcoin saying it has “failed”  (Read 1842 times)

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
Re: Lead developer quits Bitcoin saying it has “failed”
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 05:50:17 am »

Destin Faruda got it mostly right. But labor isn't inherently worth anything. You can work really hard, 16 hours a day, digging a hole in your yard and filling it up. That will be worth absolutely nothing, unless you find customers who enjoy paying you to do that. That's where the value comes from. Customers. Somebody needs to buy what you're selling. That means either you create products or offer services, and sell/trade them in the marketplace, or you sell your labor to an employer who values it. Of course, in neither case does any government have any valid claim on a single penny of the compensation you receive for products or labor. The state is a huge organized criminal extortion racket. Nothing more.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 05:55:17 am by Bill St. Clair »
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 07:47:22 am »

Yeah, Theft.  I get it.  I wish there was a way to reward voluntarism, I mean the immediate reward that so many people are programmed for.

It is a shame the charitable donation game gets chopped at all the time.  If a bridge was need or going to be needed- hold a bake sale and fire up a "Charitable Annuity."  The world is n't happy to work that way.  The crowd funding sights might be a solution, but they do have that "Product for my money, if I contribute" game going.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 08:26:44 am »

The crowd funding sights might be a solution, but they do have that "Product for my money, if I contribute" game going.

People will ultimately pay for what they really want. If they don't want it enough to pay for it... then it doesn't need to be done.
I'd say that charity is a totally different thing, and operates by different incentives and rewards, compared to building roads or bridges. It is currently much easier to steal from everyone than to raise funds voluntarily. That's what has to change. Theft has to become very costly because people refuse to be victims.

The thieves want to confiscate our guns because they want to do things to us that we won't allow as long as we are armed. Our choice.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up