The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Kukuri background  (Read 1296 times)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Kukuri background
« on: April 15, 2014, 07:55:43 pm »

Bought at Sale Barn (just north of I-74) in Bloomington, IL in 2000 or so for $40 ...

So what do you want for it?

On a different but similar topic ...
My khukri is marked "India", is roughly finished [in stainless I think] and is only 17 inches over all with the traditional black goat hide covered scabbard that houses two small knife looking tools.
One is a knife for the little jobs and the other is an unsharpened pointless blade shaped piece of steel for dressing the edges of the other two. (Or so I am told on the websites that sell these things.)

Website list from startpage search for "Khukri":

Kukri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

>>    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kukri - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

The kukri often appears in Nepalese heraldry and is used in many traditional rituals such as wedding ceremonies. The "kukri", "khukri" and "kukkri" spellings are ...

>> How to Turn a Ghurka Khukri Into a Very Formidable Field Knife

www.m4040.com/Survival/Ghurka/Khukri%20Modification.htm - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Background. Let me first start by saying that I have always been a big fan of the Ghurka Khukri knife. I bought my first Khukri when I was a kid, and I cannot ...
(gooch adds a very interesting link ...) 

>> Khukri House presents the making of kukuri, Handicrafts of Nepal

www.thekhukurihouse.com/Content/Makings/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Witness the making of handmade genuine gurka and Nepalese national knives in detail. Kukri House presents the master craftsmen at work, their effort, ...

>>   Zombie Knife Limited Edition KOLD Khukri | 5.11 Tactical

www.511tactical.com/kold-khukri.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

5.11 KOLD Khukri is the ultimate zombie killing knife. With its 10.86" khukri blade & doral fangs, this zombie knife is ideal for close quarter combat.

>>  HIMALAYAN IMPORTS - Khukuris, page 1 : khukuri, kukri, kukris ...

www.himalayan-imports.com/khuk1.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Khukuris, khukuri, kukri, kukris, khukri, kukhri, gurkha, gorkha, gurka, Nepal.

>>    Kukri history:: Khukuri history:: Khukri history:: Origin of Gurkha knife ...

www.khukuriblades.com/kukri_history/ - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Khukuri House Thamel, the official kukri supplier to Gurkhas educates buyers and collectors the history of kukri(khukri)of how it won the hearts of many kukri ...
(this company Claims to be the supplier for the Gurkhas ...)

>>    khukuri kukri khukri knife gurkha Nepal knives kukris | eBay

www.ebay.com/ gds/ khukuri-kukri-khukri-knife-gurkha-Nepal-knives-kukris-/ 10000000011665257/ g.html - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

The kukri (Devnagari/ खुकुरी) gurkha khukuri khukri (also sometimes spelled khukri or khukuri) is a curved Neplaese Knife used as both tool and weapon.

>>    Military Midnight Khukri Machette 18 Inch Fantasy Knife - Amazon.com

www.amazon.com/ Military-Midnight-Khukri-Machette-Fantasy/ dp/ B001P75M6O - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

If dog is truly mans best friend, then this Military Midnight Khukri Machette 18 Inch Fantasy Knife is the perfect gift for the man who loves his dog! The Military ...

>>    Battlefield Play4Free - Khukri Blade Review - YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wZYpYUBUbY - View by Ixquick Proxy - Highlight

Dec 14, 2013 ... Hallo guys, this is NOVA Sakke. And I'm here to show you the newest knife called the kukri blade or the kukri knife. This is the first knife for sale ...
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Silver

• thrivalist
Kukuri background
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 02:00:52 pm »

The following post by Gooch was made in response to a Kukuri posted for sale.  I split the topic and moved it to this forum.

-Silver
Pages: [1]   Go Up