The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: Oath Keepers Website Down?  (Read 21009 times)

Barrett K

Re: Oath Keepers Website Down?
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2016, 06:24:10 pm »

Fact: Oath Keepers still owns both domains, dot org and dot net.
Fact: Someone has attacked the domain service.
Fact: Oath Keepers is working hard and fast to restore the sites to public access at each proper url, oathkeepers.org and oathkeepers.net.
Fact: I should not say more at this time, but anticipate being free to render a quite interesting story about this "soon".

Salute!
Elias

Thanks Elias, I was figuring a hijacking personally. It was up and running Tues morning then went down shortly there after. I was able to get on Tues evening through another rout, that I can't remember because I try several. There were ten listed on line in the "who's online" tab but the number showed thirteen.

WAKING ENIGMA

• "..."
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2016, 06:53:59 pm »

Thanks for the update, Elias.  That is good news.

Look forward to that interesting story "soon".

~WE

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2016, 07:24:32 pm »

Thanks for the update, Elias.  That is good news.

Look forward to that interesting story "soon".

Just waiting on clearance. Will report here when I get it.
Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

jamie

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2016, 07:38:00 pm »

The domains and cert on .org & .net have expired.  National is all over it.

This is the message from last morning:

Greetings,

I know you are expecting to see something else, but as all things are not as they seem. I guess the Oath Keepers should have gotten a better IT person to keep track of when their domains expired. I will entertain offers for these doamins for twenty four hours before I put them up for auction. If anyone is doubts the legal purchasing of these domains I have the receipt's and will be willing to show them before purchase. I can be reached at oathkeepersauction@gmail.com

Good Luck and Happy Bidding!
http://oathkeepers.org/Greetings,

Coming soon a New Oath Keepers ( not affiliated with any other group) with no membership fees, no greed.

From this morning:

The inevitable split.

Good guys against the bad guys. The question is who are the good guys?

From Burt Lancaster in  The Professionals
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 07:43:09 pm by jamie »

Jake

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2016, 10:26:05 pm »

The odd thing is...

whois oathkeepers.org
Updated Date: 2016-05-05T16:07:20Z
Creation Date: 2009-03-01T21:07:55Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2017-03-01T21:07:55Z

If it expired in 2016, it should have been on the anniversary of the creation date, just like the expiry date is.  How did it get grabbed 2 months into its current year?

Am I reading it right. . . .it should not be expired until March 1, 2017?

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2016, 11:34:49 pm »

The odd thing is...

whois oathkeepers.org
Updated Date: 2016-05-05T16:07:20Z
Creation Date: 2009-03-01T21:07:55Z

If it expired in 2016, it should have been on the anniversary of the creation date, just like the expiry date is.  How did it get grabbed 2 months into its current year?

Am I reading it right. . . .it should not be expired until March 1, 2017?

Well, as I said a few posts back up this thread, Oath Keepers still owns those domains. The domain registries did not expire.  The attack was not on our sites, but instead was an attack on our registries.
All shall be well.

Salute!
Eilas

Eagle Eye

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2016, 09:48:32 am »

Thanks Elias. Will notification be Emailed when the site is back up? 

My Son warned me that this type of forum could be vulnerable, because of the type of registry. He could explain it better than I, but still this is definately a hack attack.

I like the way the writer says a new site will be up for free, no membership, no fees, but demands ransome to restore. Yeh, right. No greed here.

BTW:
Oath Keepers may communicate via the forums and web site, but we are much more than those softwares. We are boots on the ground. We are CPT. We are all of the members - not some web site. As in all conflicts, there may be challenges, but aside from not having the benefit of this forum, we can still follow through with our preparedness and community activities. 

We are either totally in for the long haul, or not. 
Vietnam Vet
Oath Keeper
9th Generation American

Jake

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2016, 10:42:24 am »

**** :thumbsup:****

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2016, 01:01:22 pm »

Eagle Eye,
Yes, I will send an email blast to the full Oath Keepers list as soon as I get the word from Stewart.
I would like to note that Oath Keepers forums are also down, for they were at oathkeepers.net and the person who is doing the damage to our national site is also doing it to our forums. But I want to make clear for all readers that TMM's forums here are not affiliated with Oath Keepers or the Oath Keepers forums. The Mental Militia is not affiliated with Oath Keepers in any way. This is a privately-owned system of forums that just happens to be where the first forum for Oath Keepers was created and hosted temporarily while Oath Keepers built its first website and forums.
Thank you for being here, Eagle Eye.
Salute!
Elias

Cherokee

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2016, 02:18:21 pm »

Wow! When I consider my last two comments on Oath Keepers, this turn of events is almost comical.

Admittedly, I have not been particularly approving of recent trends there.

One of the new moderators operates on his emotions and personal agendas. He is overly sensitive about comments regarding rogue or oath breaking LEOs. He also will not just admit that he is Muslim. Every time the word is used, he goes into Muslim defense mode. The clues are all there. I believe he is a black American Muslim, and that is OK. It's the way he goes about the Muslim defense mode that bothers me. The feeling is that he is too ashamed to admit it, ...and I know he is not obligated to reveal or state his religion, but I get the feeling he prefers the membership not know that a Muslim is moderating the forum. That seems a little disingenuous to me. Of course, this is all conjecture on my part, so don't take me to the woodshed over it. Think of it as sharing my thoughts over the campfire.

A recent thread there was regarding a Muslim only cemetery. Some were against it. Others defended it. I simply stated, "I have nothing against a bunch of dead Muslims being buried together" .

My last comment on Oath Keepers before the site vanished was in a thread about how the forum had recently turned into a cyber ghost town. The debate was about why this was happening. Someone said it was due to the warmer weather.  I commented that the change was more than a few days old and personally,  my interest in Oath Keepers has been waning rapidly after more than 6 years with them. My final thought was, "I think my annual dues are coming due soon and I will be thinking very hard about whether to renew." Then the next time I try to log in,  there is a message about a coming New Oath Keepers with no dues. Poetic/Ironic.

No, I don't have the computer savvy to hi-Jack a website,  so it wasn't me. :D

Sure it wasn't all your fault, Mr. T, I mean, Che'kee? :panic: :ohshit2:

I'm certain it wasn't me. I don't have the smarts for that kind of tinkering. In spite of my recent discontent with the organization,  I harbor no ill will nor bad juju toward it. If Oath Keepers can stay afloat as long as TMM, that will be great. I'm just pondering my role in the grand scheme.

Eagle Eye

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2016, 02:34:18 pm »

Thanks Elias.

This also demonstrates the reason for us developing a strong local contact network. Whether it be by phone, shortwave or face to face; there should be no reason we can't continue to communicate with those critical local contacts, website or not.

I see the website as a great central point of information dissemination, as it pertains to the general interests of Oath Keeper members. But not a panacea for our own actions on behalf of our families, friend and neighbors in an emergency situation.

Actually, I have expected some kind of interference of this kind from either TPTB or an ultra liberal dumb arse before now. ( note the revealing word - "greed", used in the posting.)  You can always gauge the level of success of an organization such as OK by the extent of opposition from the freedom takers. It proves we are on the right path, IMHO.

Vietnam Vet
Oath Keeper
9th Generation American

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2016, 04:46:48 pm »

I will be attempting to remain patient while we wait for the POS to be revealed and the time and place of the "correction" to his/her/their moral failure.

I have plenty of nylon rope in 1/2" as well as 3/4" and even some 1" if it might be needed. Just gimme a shout and I'll be happy to send it along.

Knots of all types provided for free in this case.

capt gooch
Texas
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Eagle Eye

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2016, 05:08:47 pm »

A good ole fashioned Texas sleigh ride may be appropriate for the vermin... :occasion14:
Vietnam Vet
Oath Keeper
9th Generation American

Free Bird

• Provisional
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2016, 07:34:08 pm »

From my end, this is the place that did the hijacking...    http://www.stategeeks.com/

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 07:49:25 pm »

A good ole fashioned Texas sleigh ride may be appropriate for the vermin... :occasion14:

Didn't the Commanche people invent that "sleigh ride"?
Particularly in the drier cactus country?

Either way it's an unpleasant way to "expire".  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 07:58:48 pm by da gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up