The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Hope  (Read 693 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Red Hope
« on: May 21, 2016, 10:22:15 am »

Red Hope by John Dreese.

My understanding that this is a first book by this author. This is a pretty good one for a first timer.

https://www.amazon.com/Red-Hope-Modern-Adventure-Technothriller-ebook/dp/B00RA7QOHY?ie=UTF8&keywords=red%20hope&qid=1463843252&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

The rover Curiosity ran across a fossil with a granite calling card with writing on it in its hand. But the Curiosity rover ran out of power just after taking a few pictures. Just enough to whet their appetite. Usually it would take years just to design a spacecraft, let alone do it with conventail engine technology. But someone come up with a new engine technology that would allow them to get to Mars in a month. They end up designing, building and launching a ship in a year.  And hijinks ensues.

It is a fast read I believe, I went through it pretty quickly. One thing about this book is that you won't predict the ending of the book. Despite it being a fast read, it's a good one, I'll be looking forward to the second book when it comes out.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up