The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Beware Sleeping Dragons  (Read 781 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Beware Sleeping Dragons
« on: June 03, 2016, 01:42:40 am »

A book by TJ Reeder.

http://www.amazon.com/Beware-Sleeping-Dragons-TJ-Reeder/dp/1523671831/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1464934785&sr=8-9&keywords=Sleeping+dragon

What would happen if someone at any level of the government made the wrong No-Knock raid? What if it turned out to be a wrong address? It happened in real life before, it's probably happening as you read this. A lot of people, usually go to bed with a gun nearby, die because no one announced that the cops were the cops and the homeowners are usually out-numbered. What if it happened to your wife and you gotten a multi-million dollar "settlement"? One man did something, shall we say, something constructive, or I should rather say destructive about it. Taking a war to those who holds the Constitution in not favorable terms.

When I started the book, it's told in a first (very first) person narrative. At first I thought it was in the form of a journalistic style. Much like "I did this, then I did that, with several variations. If you decide to try the book, stick with it, it'll get better once you get used to the "flow".

I do admit that the writing style is not for everyone. It is a change of pace from what most people are used to.

You may be aware of some holes in the story as you read. I don't think they're all that big and there aren't that many of them. Not enough to detract from the story. As a matter of fact, all the "actions" as it were, are pretty realistic in my views. This is not an action movie book.

As I said, it's not for everyone but if you prefer your freedom novels with a dose of reality, then this may be a book for you.

Generally, it's not a great book, but it is a good book to pick through.

I had gotten the cheaper kindle copy so I might've felt better not having spent a lot for a copy.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
Re: Beware Sleeping Dragons
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 07:23:50 am »

Got the free Kindle preview.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Re: Beware Sleeping Dragons
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2016, 11:53:52 am »

Bill

The story doesn't really hit its stride until a few chapters in, so the preview may not be enough.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up