The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The New Addition To The Bar M Ranch  (Read 1147 times)

Freeman13

The New Addition To The Bar M Ranch
« on: June 25, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »

This is Star, he was born three days ago to his maiden mother Silky my performance Quarter Horse.  I've trained her to stand still and not spook when she hears gun fire.  I can shoot a shotgun, pistol and rifle from her back and she barely moves so my shot grouping is not too spread out.  The next training project for her is to use the old school technique that cavalryman used to lay their mounts down and stay quiet until its time to get up again with them in the saddle ready to ride.

Silky is a buckskin brown with a thin flash and white socks and Star is like his performance horse champion Sire, Star is a paint with a blue eye and a brown eye and already as frisky and full of spunk as can be.  He will be fun to train and work with in the field I'm sure.
"I am said to be a revolutionist in my sympathies, by birth, by breeding and by principle. I am always on the side of the revolutionists, because there never was a revolution unless there were some oppressive and intolerable conditions against which to revolute."
Mark Twain

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: The New Addition To The Bar M Ranch
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 06:45:48 am »

Beautiful! What do you do about ear protection for the horse when you shoot? About 45 years ago, I had a nice Qhorse gelding named Chief. I shot the 22 rifle from his back a few times, but he was NOT amused... :) It was easier to tie him somewhere and walk ahead to shoot. He still wasn't amused. The first few times I had a real job getting back in the saddle. LOL
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Freeman13

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:10:22 pm »

Yes MammaLiberty I love and protect my equine friend very much and I use PLUGZ or EquiFit T-foam horse ear plugs.  The ear plugs for horses have to be introduced to the horse and they have to be trained to except them being inserted and it is a trial that takes long patients for both parties but it can be done as with all training.  Many owners of horses who perform or compete in performance contests use these earplugs so that the equine can concentrate better and not be distracted by noise.  I even believe that mounted horse patrols of police have their mounts trained for earplugs too.  I'm considering joining the MSA, (Mounted Shooters of America) but I fear that the events that are looming over our nation will make these type of organizations defunct soon.
"I am said to be a revolutionist in my sympathies, by birth, by breeding and by principle. I am always on the side of the revolutionists, because there never was a revolution unless there were some oppressive and intolerable conditions against which to revolute."
Mark Twain

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 02:27:31 pm »

Yes MammaLiberty I love and protect my equine friend very much and I use PLUGZ or EquiFit T-foam horse ear plugs.

That's wonderful! No such things were available back in my day.  I'd introduce them to a foal as early as they can be handled myself. Sure wish I'd had some. :)
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.
Pages: [1]   Go Up