The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Off for a while  (Read 2515 times)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Off for a while
« on: December 07, 2003, 06:30:53 pm »

I'm going to be off the boards for a while -- taking a break while I get some work done. If you need me for anything urgent and don't have my address, just let Debra know. That woman can always track me down, somehow.

Thanks especially to all the folks who helped so charmingly with ideas for the new book, and thanks even more especially to the valiant defenders of the rights of artists, writers, and inventors to own the products of their mind.

(Boy, my life would be a lot easier & a lot less busy if books really were just nothing but pulp and ink, with no valuable contribution from my brain, as some imagine to be the case. Or maybe there is no value to my brain. There are definitely those days when it seems that way ...)

Be seein' ya.  :)

Claire
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 06:38:05 pm by Claire »
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Delos

Off for a while
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 06:44:05 pm »

That figures. As soon as I join this board, Claire takes a sabbatical!

ladylearning

Off for a while
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 11:31:26 pm »

Or maybe there is no value to my brain. There are definitely those days when it seems that way ...)

Claire, days like those will come... and go.  There are reasons why we pull into ourselves. To heal, to rest, to nurture, to re-create. Sometimes we don't know why, but if we quiet our minds our hearts do the work that needs doing.
I read your blog entry.  I'm sorry...
We'll miss you while you do the work you need to do.

LL

Hasher

Off for a while
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 11:54:32 pm »

NOOOOOO say it isn't so!!!!

Docliberty

Off for a while
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2003, 12:02:20 am »

Oh well.  If the price of another great work by Claire is doing without her company for a while, we'll just have to suffer through.

Good luck Claire.  We'll be here if you need us.
Doc

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  Marion Morrison

"I do not fear my government.  I fear what my government will cause me to become."   Docliberty

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

Mike

Off for a while
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2003, 07:46:07 pm »

Claire gone? Oh my!

Just like the rest of us I guess that Clair needs to recharge her batteries every now and again. I look forward to Claire's return.  I expect that the fur will really be flying then.  :D

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up