The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Illinois Dept. of Natural Resources want to take, and likely kill, pet deer  (Read 2483 times)

Felinenation

https://www.change.org/p/illinois-department-of-natural-resources-let-me-keep-my-two-deer-i-ve-raised-since-birth

This is a petition on Change.org.   Here's an example of aggressive enforcement of mala prohibita laws.  These deer are not being harmed, and are not harming anyone.  I guess the "principle" here is all game belongs to the king.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty

Controller types firmly believe that EVERYTHING and everyone, all property and even the air belongs to them. We're all the "king's deer."
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Felinenation

Good news, which you can see if you click the link in my original post: the people won, they get to keep their deer.  Putting pressure on the controllers worked, this time.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty

Good news, which you can see if you click the link in my original post: the people won, they get to keep their deer.  Putting pressure on the controllers worked, this time.

That would be fine if THEY kept THEIR damned deer off my property and prevented them from eating my trees and everything else...  The deer don't belong to them at all, and they have zero responsibility for the damage they cause. The government shouldn't have control/ownership of the deer either, of course. But this is no victory for liberty either way.

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey

That is GOOD NEWS Felinenation. I'm glad it worked. I wonder though, if it took thousands of petition signers to free two deer (into private captivity) how many would it take to free the rest of us? Still, good news though!

That would be fine if THEY kept THEIR damned deer off my property and prevented them from eating my trees and everything else...  The deer don't belong to them at all, and they have zero responsibility for the damage they cause. The government shouldn't have control/ownership of the deer either, of course. But this is no victory for liberty either way.

ML, they ARE keeping the deer off yours or anyone else's property. They are being responsible, although I agree the deer do not belong to the king, nor do we.
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty

ML, they ARE keeping the deer off yours or anyone else's property. They are being responsible, although I agree the deer do not belong to the king, nor do we.

Good. :) I wasn't thinking of THOSE two, but of the 27 that come by here almost daily and wreck so much havoc... and that I'd probably be bankrupt or in jail if I dared to even fire a gun to scare them off... which it wouldn't, unfortunately. "The King's Deer" is another hot button item for me. Shouldn't have spouted off. Sorry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up