The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rape Culture Hysteria  (Read 848 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Rape Culture Hysteria
« on: October 29, 2016, 08:17:49 pm »

There's not a "Rape Culture", I knew that before I've heard of the book, but there is a "Rape Culture Hysteria" written by Wendy McElroy.

https://www.amazon.com/Rape-Culture-Hysteria-Fixing-Damage-ebook/dp/B01EENF4HW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1477787645&sr=8-1&keywords=Rape+culture+hysteria

The feminists are trying to push through the idea that there is a rape epidemic going on, especially on college campuses throughout the U.S. Unfortunately far too many people believe that, so they've been able to do a huge amount of damage.

Wendy McElroy brings forth how the P.C. Feminists have damaged the relations, especially on campuses, between the sexes. How the feminists have been able to get some legislative muscles to back up what they want. And even though McElroy doesn't say so in the book, I think she proved the feminists really don't care what the damages are.

McElroy also brings forth solutions to fix the damages with lesser government and abolitions of things like the Department of Education and the Title IX laws. I agree with her. Unfortunately that would require major changes that I don't think is possible without a major fight, if you know what I mean.

Still, Wendy McElroy wrote a great treatise on a major aspect of the so called War of the Sexes, fought mainly by the P.C. Feminists. She brings forth a number of stories of how the rape culture damages not only men but how women can be harmed too. The chapters are few, about seven, but they are big chapters, and they are all very heavily footnoted, drawing from many source materials.

Wendy McElroy, because of her research that went into the book, has the info to back her in any argument about whether or not whether there is a Rape Culture or it's just a Hysteria, and able to prove how people are damaged by it.

I will say this, while I don't know what the women's reactions to this book will be, being a man, if a man reading this book, should be warned that this book might anger you. It certainly pissed me off.

A great expose on the so called Rape Culture, could provide you with ammo if you ever need to make an argument about the subject yourself. For FYI or if you need this kind of info ammo, I highly recommend getting this book.

S.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 08:46:40 am by S. Jester »
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Rape Culture Hysteria
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 05:30:40 am »

Excellent review, SJ! I'm still trying to finish reading this book to review. I love Wendy, but it seems to me that a seriously condensed version would be a big help. How many people will read all that? Or understand much of it?
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 08:55:41 am »

Excellent review, SJ! I'm still trying to finish reading this book to review. I love Wendy, but it seems to me that a seriously condensed version would be a big help. How many people will read all that? Or understand much of it?

ML,

I will admit skimming the data as I find it hard to follow myself. I believe it's there for the people that can understand them to make it believable for them. As for myself I skim the data and the footnotes because she obviously did the research so I trust her but it's there to investigate. Just read what you can and trust the numbers and footnotes, the main parts is the text anyway.

S.

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2016, 09:15:31 am »

I will admit skimming the data as I find it hard to follow myself.

Skimming is fine, but not adequate for a professional review in my case. :) And how many people do you think will buy the book and then "skim" it? I don't expect a lot of people to buy the book. But they might actually "skim" a condensed version which could easily point to the book for those who wanted to look into the subject more deeply and follow the footnotes.

With people so geared to reading no more than their "twitter" feed, and whatever other superficial social media they indulge in... I don't see this book getting a large audience. That's all. And that's sad.

I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2016, 10:25:17 am »

Yes, that's sad. But I'm myself am not a trained professional and I found the text interesting anyway. The data, as I've said before, is there for people to review if they can. The footnotes are also there for review if anyone wants to follow up.

As for who will buy this? Well, I brought the kindle copy which was not that expensive, so I would recommend that route for those of you who have the device. There are also versions for those of you who have non-kindle type e-readers. Even though the book has some data that may be hard to follow, I'd still recommend getting the book as the main text part is the meat of the book anyway.

S.

Pages: [1]   Go Up