The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: How To Stay Sane  (Read 17722 times)

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
Re: How To Stay Sane
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2006, 11:15:09 pm »

Ragnar, try The Protecting Veil by Tavener.  Isserlis played it on the recording I have, I believe.  I haven't seen it since our last move, but there's still boxes around here, so I'm not considering it in need of replacement yet.  Schelomo is a lovely peice, very fun to play as well as listen to.

And any of you guys who love heavy metal or Shostikovich, you have GOT to check out Apocalyptica.

Cool. Thanks for sharing. I just put this on reserve at the local liberry  :mellow:
Author:  Tavener, John

Title:  The protecting veil / sound recording.

Publishing Information:  London, England : Virgin Classics, p1992.

Physical Description:  1 sound disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.

Performers:  Steven Isserlis, violoncello ; London Symphony Orchestra, Gennadi Rozhdestvensky, conductor (1st work).

General Notes:  Virgin Classics: 7590522 (on container: 0777 7590522 9).
The 1st work for violoncello and string orchestra.
Eds. recorded: Chester Music (1st and 3rd works); Faber Music (2nd work).
Previously issued: VC 7 91474-2.
Compact disc.
Durations: 45:00; 23:00; 6:40.
Program notes by Michael Stewart in English, with German and French translations (26 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
Recorded Apr. 1991, St. George's, Brandon Hill, Bristol (2nd-3rd works) and May 1991, Studio 1, Abbey Road, London (1st work).
I'm #1 on the waiting list.

and this:
Author:  Apocalyptica (Musical group)

Title:  Apocalyptica plays Metallica by four cellos [sound recording]

Publishing Information:  Finland : Zen Garden Oy ; New York, New York : Mercury Records, p1996.

Physical Description:  1 sound disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.

Alternate Title:  Plays Metallica by four cellos

Contents:  Enter sandman -- Master of puppets -- Harvester of sorrow -- The unforgiven -- Sad but true -- Creeping death -- Wherever I may roam -- Welcome home (Sanitarium)

Performers:  Apocalyptica: Max Lilja ; Antero Manninen ; Paavo Lotjonen ; Eicca Toppinen.
I'm #12 on the list for this one.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
Re: How To Stay Sane
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2006, 08:49:07 pm »

I can relate to a lot of this.  I don't know what I want to do yet or what path I'll follow (or trailblaze for myself) yet.  Though I have to say that after making it as a runaway who now should not have to fear coming under the scrutiny of the legal powers and locked away, I'm rather annoyed that I find myself more in that position yet again....  :blink:

(sorry snip)
And that's how I keep my sanity, such as it is, for the time being.   :P

Yep, Dervish fits, Shaman might also.  Look it up, if you haven't already.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up