The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Blood of Heroes  (Read 1157 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
The Blood of Heroes
« on: April 08, 2018, 11:41:08 am »

A couple of months ago I finished reading this book about the Alamo.

https://www.amazon.com/Blood-Heroes-Struggle-Alamo-Sacrifice/dp/0316053732/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1523204753&sr=8-3&keywords=blood+of+heroes

A very good book, well detailed, very well researched.

The author even brought forward the story of Travis' Line in the Sand, Speech, and Request to cross the line and join him in the fight or leave. Which until recently have never been verified by a second source. They have found that source.

Before this book, I have never had any real details about the Alamo beyond certain accounts and, of course, the movies. For example, I've heard that Travis himself was supposedly famous, but I had never understood why. Until the book. Of course, I've heard of Crockett and Bowie, who haven't? Even so, the book filled in a few more details. More importantly however, I've never believed that Crockett would ever die on his knees, the details of how Crockett's body was found and with what kinds of wounds, makes me believe that he had indeed died fighting. I've never believed Crockett to be a stupid man. He would know that Duegallo means "No Quarters", he would have had enough military experiences to know otherwise.

If you're a fan of any of the men listed, and/or the story of the Alamo, this would be an excellent book to get.

Highly recommended.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

jamie

Re: The Blood of Heroes
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 05:16:39 am »

thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up