The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: They Killed Our President  (Read 943 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
They Killed Our President
« on: April 08, 2018, 12:27:25 pm »

Before we get to the meat of this post, I want to say the following:

There will be many who may decry this book is a: "weird conspiracy theory" book. And by Jesse Ventura, who is considered (unfortunately) by many to be a kook, despite being a Special Forces type soldier in the Marines, I think they call theirs "Force Recon", as well as a wrestler, that went on to become a Governor for Minnesota. I don't think one can do all that without having some smarts. Besides, a conspiracy can be defined as plan made and carried out by two or more people. Jesse goes into this at the beginning of the book.

https://www.amazon.com/They-Killed-Our-President-Assassinate/dp/1629144886/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1523205685&sr=1-1&keywords=they+killed+our+President

Over the years as I've learnt more and more details about Oswald and his gun. I've heard long ago that the Mannlicher Carcano bolt action rifle used by him is a piece of junk. Once I've heard that, I knew that Oswald couldn't have shot Kennedy.

With this book I've learned the much more in-depth details surrounding the shootings. Such as Kennedy having been shot from the front, not up and behind him. That the route through Dealy Plaza was a "last minute" change. The reports of two shots being almost a top of one another, which is not possible with a bolt action rifle. The Carcano model is reputed to be hard to work the bolt quickly.

The book is very well researched with many sources, other books written not only by eyewitnesses, those in the know, other researchers, experts of all types as well as those who found inconsistencies in the various "reports".

One thing Ventura goes into is the motives of the various peoples, and there are many. For instance, I've found that Kennedy was hated by the Joint Chiefs of Staff, which for those of you who don't know, are the various heads of the militaries, and by the intelligence agencies. I've read that Kennedy once walked out of one such meeting about making a First Strike, muttering to his Secretary of State "And we call ourselves the Human Race". Which made me believe we came pretty damned close, not just once, but twice(that we know of).

Since this is history now, why is this important? If they can do this to a sitting President (and a pretty popular one at that) and get away with it, what would they do with anyone they don't like? Trump may not have to worry since he is using the military and the intelligence agencies for protecting the border. But there are those within who would be very happy to see him sixed. Also, what else would they do?

I enjoyed reading the book, but I admit that I probably wouldn't have read it if I hadn't got the cheaper kindle copy, but then again I might have, since it goes into details about the assassination.

S.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 12:51:24 pm by S. Jester »
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: They Killed Our President
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2018, 12:59:29 pm »

Not my "president." No better than any other politician, and worse than a lot of them.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2018, 06:42:58 pm »

Yeah, but no matter how bad Kennedy was, he wanted to make peace or at least broker a truce with Russia, and wanted to pull the U.S. out of Vietnam. Had he been able to follow through, it would have saved a lot of lives. Of course it doesn't mean he was good.

Besides, the book does feel like a thriller at times and the audaciousness of some of this stuff is at times unbelievable.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

casca-503

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »

if   we   dig   deeper...I  think    Jesse   Ventura   was   U.S.Navy    SEAL..../   they   were  /   are  /   serious   bad   a's..../   met   a  few   when   I   was   on   active   duty..../   I   was   a L.R.R.P.   /   long   range recon  ----USARMY   /   Ranger...Paratrooper....general   dumb-ass..../    JFK   was   instrumental   in   us   being   more   involved   in   Vietnam..../   for  the   record....we   had   OSS   operators   in   French   Indochina   { RVN  }   from   1943   on   to   convince   Ho-chi-minh   to   fight   against   the   Japanese     w/promise    to   keep   French   out   after   the   war....we   know   how   that   lie   went....the   VIET-MINH   kicked   the   French's   ass   in   1954   at   Dien  bien  phu....
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 12:03:44 pm by casca-503 »

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2019, 09:10:29 pm »

From what I have read, L.R.R.P./ Rangers were some pretty bad a's themselves.

I have always liked Ventura.

I am saddened by what America did in Indochina and the tremendous loss to the people there and to our own Son's and Brothers.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 09:17:06 pm by Tahn L. »
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

casca-503

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2019, 12:02:18 pm »

I  spent   some   time   in  the   tri-border   area....la drang   valley.....chu  pong   massif ....was   interesting  time   for   young   man....lost   a   few   friends  in   that   time   &  place..../    got   me   to   Sydney  &   Bondi  Beach   couple    times..../    learning   experiences.....

casca-503

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2019, 08:02:22 pm »

in   1961   I   bought   a   6.5  m/m   Mannlicher   Carcano  for   $15.00   made   in   Italy   in   1939....it   was   the   carbine   version   w/18"   barrel   &   fixed   sight....surplus   ammo   was   $.05   @    I   was   young   &   could    hit   a   3"   circle   at   100   yds.   all   day   long..../   the   1891   rifle   version   was   junk,   but   not   the   '[39...
Pages: [1]   Go Up