The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: #metoo backfires, Wall St's new rule is "avoid women at all costs"  (Read 175 times)

mouse

Yeah …, I don't know what to make of this.  What do you think?

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59481

No one could have predicted this!

From Bloomberg:
No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.
Just ignore the fact #MeToo made life infinitely harder for men.

snip

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Re: #metoo backfires, Wall St's new rule is "avoid women at all costs"
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 06:16:42 am »

Heh! That's an interesting twist on things, mouse.

But actually, our good friend and long-time TMMer, Wendy McElroy, did in a round-about way predict this. Please see her landing page at TMM and note especially her book, Rape Culture Hysteria: Fixing the Damage Done to Men and Women

https://thementalmilitia.net/2016/08/22/wendy-mcelroy/

I have a bit of a review of that book on her page. But Wendy also is extremely active in writing, and manages these sites --
Individualist Feminists  — http://www.ifeminists.com/e107_plugins/enews/enews.php

Wendy McElroy dot com — http://www.wendymcelroy.com/news.php

She is also doing her current book, one chapter each week, at BitCoin.Com. Called The Satoshi Revolution, it's a Voluntaryists' view of block chain and crypto. I'm collecting the chapters, and some of you will enjoy good reading there.
https://news.bitcoin.com/the-satoshi-revolution-by-wendy-mcelroy/

Thank you for posting that article mouse. This is a great topic to contemplate.
Salute!
Elias
https://news.bitcoin.com/wendy-mcelroy-crypto-as-class-warfare/?preview_id=177651
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

jamie

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 04:36:47 pm »

Yeah …, I don't know what to make of this.  What do you think?

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=59481

No one could have predicted this!

From Bloomberg:
No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?

Across Wall Street, men are adopting controversial strategies for the #MeToo era and, in the process, making life even harder for women.
Just ignore the fact #MeToo made life infinitely harder for men.

snip

I've read that recording consent is now considered necessary.

Keep the door open and record the meetings.

The bad crazy people are causing a chilling effect for everything. 

mouse

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 09:54:58 pm »

Sigh ….. another tradition is about to "bite the dust"

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/12/11/nyt-writer-cancel-holiday-office-parties-so-women-avoid-sexual-harassment/

New York Times opinion writer Jennifer Weiner told CBS This Morning hosts that holiday office parties are nothing more than another opportunity for women to be sexually harassed.
In her article titled “The Torture of Dressing for Your Office Holiday Party,” Weiner described the holiday season as “the least wonderful time of the year.”
“Why are we having holiday parties at all?” complained Weiner to Gayle King on Monday morning. “Wouldn’t you rather have an extra $100 in your paycheck than have to put on the Spanx, put on the heels, be social with the guy with, like, the stale coffee breath who’s looking at your backside every time you go to the copier? You know how that is.”

snip

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 06:58:48 am »

Good grief...

Was at a meeting a couple weeks ago.  Our boss addressed the group (all 13 of us) and mentioned that instead of saying 'you guys' use the term 'we' or 'team'.  I work in a group of people ranging from 25ish to 60ish.  Engineers and process analysts.  Half of them are women so I can understand why he would think 'you guys' might not be that accurate.  I was amazed to hear nearly all the women in the group groan and roll their eyes at his remark.  It was a breath of fresh air to realize I don't work with a bunch of insane SJWs...
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

heyoka

• flunked out of Freedom University
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2018, 11:32:15 am »

Did you remind 'em that there are no I's in team, but there are three in idiotic?
One of the latest, in the legions of the metuded, is Neil deGrass Tyson. Not for roofieing, or inappropriate touching, but for inappropriate comments at a Christmas holiday(s?) party. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:34:00 am by heyoka »
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. - Groucho Marx

mouse

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2018, 03:35:37 pm »

Good grief...

Was at a meeting a couple weeks ago.  Our boss addressed the group (all 13 of us) and mentioned that instead of saying 'you guys' use the term 'we' or 'team'.  I work in a group of people ranging from 25ish to 60ish.  Engineers and process analysts.  Half of them are women so I can understand why he would think 'you guys' might not be that accurate.  I was amazed to hear nearly all the women in the group groan and roll their eyes at his remark.  It was a breath of fresh air to realize I don't work with a bunch of insane SJWs...

So they rolled their eyes and groaned but it would have been better if all the people had reminded the boss that by pandering to that "SJW politically correct mantra" he sounded like a pre-programmed NPC mindlessly repeating his "lines" and also reminded him that your workplace is not a government department.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 06:49:56 am »

So they rolled their eyes and groaned but it would have been better if all the people had reminded the boss that by pandering to that "SJW politically correct mantra" he sounded like a pre-programmed NPC mindlessly repeating his "lines" and also reminded him that your workplace is not a government department.

A handful of us gave him a hard time afterward.  He shrugged and said he was just following the orders he was given from above.  Sigh...
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

casca-503

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 09:50:57 pm »

I   thought   that   line   about    " just  following  orders "   was   no   longer    valid   after   end   of   WW-2    &   Nuremberg    war   crime  trials......

mouse

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2018, 05:33:02 am »

I   thought   that   line   about    " just  following  orders "   was   no   longer    valid   after   end   of   WW-2    &   Nuremberg    war   crime  trials......

You'd think …..  But amazingly people keep parroting that, the saying has become a leftist mantra chanted meaninglessly by NPCs who have no idea what they're saying, like "you're racist", "that's hate-speech" "you hate women", "you have to pay your fair share", "it's a social contract" etc. etc.

jamie

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2018, 10:20:40 pm »

A handful of us gave him a hard time afterward.  He shrugged and said he was just following the orders he was given from above.  Sigh...

"just following orders."   
Pages: [1]   Go Up